(Topic ID: 12)

What would you like to see next on Pinside.com?

By robin

15 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 330 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#78 13 years ago

I would like to see an arrow or something like that on the Top 100 list when a pin goes up or down on the list.

Great idea!

#93 13 years ago

You have to remember that if someone is rating a machine, it is because they are very familiar with it (at least they should be). And of course, once you become familiar the intricacies of a particular machine, you often start to enjoy it more. Consequently, it makes complete sense that rarer machines average better scores. Since there aren't enough people who have been exposed to the rarer games, there isn't enough of a sampling for the rating to be accurate. I don't really think there is any way to solve this problem. Perhaps if a pin needed 10 ratings to be on the list, with the two highest and two lowest scores being thrown out? Just an idea.

2 weeks later
    #102 13 years ago

Unless I missed it, a tool section. What to use best on what, where to get them, etc...

That's a great idea. When I first started in this hobby about a year ago, I didn't know squat. A comprehensive tool guide would have really come in handy.

#106 13 years ago

I was thinking ......it may be bad idea....but I think it would be cool if robin or even SC or BD, or a person we all would trust, could organize a raffle with the prize being WOZ.

An interesting idea, but probably not feasible. Let's say a WoZ costs about $7,000 with shipping. If each entry is $50, you would need 140 entries. I just don't see that happening. Plus, you would need some sort of reputable third-party escrow service to act as an intermediary. And then, of course, there are tax ramifications to consider.

#110 13 years ago

What about if on the rating page, there was a section for pinsiders to rate their opinion on skill vs. luck in scoring as a percent. As in, scoring in 1979 Gottlieb Genie is: 73% skill / 27% luck.

I like this idea, but it would probably be a hard thing to quantify, and the numbers would be all over the map.

4 months later
    #145 12 years ago

I just thought of a good one. How about if you are alerted via email every time your name is mentioned in a thread? In order for this to be really effective, I think it would need to be customizable. For example, I would set mine up so that I would be alerted if someone typed either "gweempose" or "gweem", since people often use the shortened version of my name. Of course, you should also have the option to completely turn the feature off. Some people have names that are very common, and it would get pretty darn annoying if you were getting an email every few minutes.

2 weeks later
    #151 12 years ago

I'd like to see better search capabilities. For example:

1) The ability to match keywords with a particular member
    2) The ability to search the entire thread or limit the search to thread titles only
    3) The ability to search through a certain date range

This would make it a lot easier to find stuff in the archives.

2 weeks later
    #179 12 years ago

Given all the recent negativity and aggression on the forum, an "ignore" but would certainly come in handy.

#189 12 years ago
    Quoted from Holy_Pickle:

I would like to put my personnal high score on each machine i played.

Awesome idea!

#211 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinWiz17:

I dont know if anyone has put this out there yet. My idea is a page dedicated to members of Pinside to taking pictures with there Pinside t shirts on at land marks around the world or with famous people. For example a Pinsider with his/her shirts on at the Statue of Liberty or the Effiel Tower, or even scuba diving. Something along those lines. What do you guys think?

I like it!

5 months later
    #284 12 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I would like to jump to the last page of a topic from the main page. As it is now, we have to go to the first page, then jump to last page ...

You can jump directly to the most recent post in a thread by clicking on the time (i.e. 27 minutes) in the "FRESHNESS" column all the way on the right.

1 month later
    #318 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

What about a feature where we could indicate certain pins we own are "avail for trade". Then have a site search/match feature to match us up with people who have a game on our want list that have indicated they have it available for trade.

I like this idea a lot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-be-next-on-pinsidecom?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.