(Topic ID: 12)

What would you like to see next on Pinside.com?

By robin

15 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 330 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Muscle_cars_only.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#34 14 years ago

Stickies in the troubleshooting section for each manufacturer. Would be a great way to stockpile and document a lot of useful info.

A "how to section". User articles written up with detailed pics. things like: Play field stripping,waxing / sound upgrades / sealing backglass / general tips and tricks(you know "tribal knowledge") / people could follow another members step by step restorations / home designed light upgrades etc.

I know this is a lot, I'm just tossing ideas around on the keyboard, work with me

FWIW - For the short time I've been here, I really enjoy and appreciate the comerodity and knowledge you've established on this site. Kudos to the "Behind the backglass" people that make it possible to have a site like this!!

1 year later
    #86 13 years ago

Not a change more so an explanation of the top 100 machine list. I find it hard to believe there's a lot of machines with a LOW amount of reviews up there beating out machines that have a lot of reviews.

How can a machine with only 30 or 40 ratings be considered higher than one with say 190 -200 ? I'd just like to know how the Averages come into play on this with this big of a variance on reviews?

Here's an example of my question:
    Embryon
    Bally, 1980 – 15 ratings – rate it! 7.698

Spectrum
    Bally, 1981 – 10 ratings – rate it! 7.684

Taxi
    Williams, 1988 – 90 ratings – rate it! 7.683

Star Wars Episode I
    Williams, 1999 – 119 ratings – rate it! 7.681

Jurassic Park
    Data East, 1993 – 126 ratings – rate it! 7.678

#88 13 years ago

Not really saying that SC.. Just find it hard to believe (not picking on any machines) that lets say SPECTRUM With 10 ratings and an avg. score of 7.684 and is ranked #59 .. Then you look at SWE1 with 119 ratings and an avg. score of 7.681 and is ranked #61..

I'm not sure you're getting what I'm saying SC..

Let me put it this way (all theory)...
    If a machine had 10 ratings and all 10 of those were 9.8's
    It would bump the #1 machine which was MM with 444 ratings with the avg. machine rating of 8.940 to the #2 spot and the #2 spot with TZ with 444 ratings with an avg. machine rating of 8.900 would drop to #3

That would put the machine with only 10 ratings in the #1 position.

Am I making any sense or am I missing something?

#92 13 years ago

The TOP 10 Top 100 machines doesn't amount to a hill of beans to me. I could care less if the pins I like/have are up near the top. Pinball to me has always been how the game plays!!!!!!! Trends show most of the top games are stop and go machines, however, I'm more into the fast nonstop play.

The only reason I brought this up was I happened to be scrolling through them to read peoples feedback on certain machines and noticed some rather good players listed below some obscure machines. When I got to looking at them they had a lot less ratings and was just wondering. Wasn't complaining... Just me and my "trade mark" questioning attitude that all... : )

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Muscle_cars_only.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-be-next-on-pinsidecom?tu=Muscle_cars_only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.