(Topic ID: 12)

What would you like to see next on Pinside.com?

By robin

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 330 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

There are 330 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 8 years ago

Does the Market Watch go with the Market on Pinside? Also, what I would like to see is a Market Watch go with Mr. Pinball classifieds. I know that is probably impossible but how great would it be if Market Watch could watch all three.

#202 8 years ago

Cool, a new edit text block and EM's to be included soon. Nice work!

Question: What does the "#" button do that's to the left of the edit button?

Post edited by jrrdw : Added question.

#203 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Are EM going to be mixed in with the SS rankings? I personally hope they're separate because, while I do enjoy looking at them, I don't have as much interest in them.

A different Top 100 list for EM would be perfect.

#204 8 years ago

If I ever get back into iPhone programming I might try to write an App that lets you easily rate machines in the wild. Don't know how many people would use it... but I would!

#205 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

If I ever get back into iPhone programming I might try to write an App that lets you easily rate machines in the wild. Don't know how many people would use it... but I would!

That would be great for using at shows. But until then we can print these like I'm gonna do for the York show on the 7Th Oct.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/print-off-for-rating-pinball-machine

#206 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

That would be great for using at shows. But until then we can print these like I'm gonna do for the York show on the 7Th Oct.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/print-off-for-rating-pinball-machine

Oh, cool! Didn't see that thread until now.

#207 8 years ago

i'd personally like to see an official soft goods catelog for sale...with pinside products...as well as GAPS. like a whole other dept. of the pinside web domain. more soft good sales=referals and word of mouth, plus super cool pinball attire. i want to own a sticker that says, i love BANG BACKS!!!

or maybe keep it simple. 'we all don't have 'balls of steel',

then have a great pic of a classic pinball with a trail behind it. or is that just me?

#208 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I'm sorry, that would not be a good idea in my opinion. A good explanation why can be found here: http://uxdesign.smashingmagazine.com/2008/07/01/should-links-open-in-new-windows/

My own main reasoning: You should be able to choose yourself wether links open in new windows. You can now choose to do this by holding ctrl or shift when clicking a link. You can also click a link with your middle mouse button if you have one. If links would all open in new windows by themselves there would be no way to stop them from doing so (there's no un-shift button so to speak).

I hope that explains it well. Thanks for the suggestion though!

While i disagree with the above link when it comes to Forums i thank you for taking time to respond.
    It is nice to know that you have made a conscious decision about it.

#209 8 years ago

Maybe a little larger photo navigation for viewing images in the archive for people on phones? Currently have to zoom way up to hit the forward and back buttons. Page numbering links in the forum could be a little larger too.

#210 8 years ago

I dont know if anyone has put this out there yet. My idea is a page dedicated to members of Pinside to taking pictures with there Pinside t shirts on at land marks around the world or with famous people. For example a Pinsider with his/her shirts on at the Statue of Liberty or the Effiel Tower, or even scuba diving. Something along those lines. What do you guys think?

#211 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinWiz17:

I dont know if anyone has put this out there yet. My idea is a page dedicated to members of Pinside to taking pictures with there Pinside t shirts on at land marks around the world or with famous people. For example a Pinsider with his/her shirts on at the Statue of Liberty or the Effiel Tower, or even scuba diving. Something along those lines. What do you guys think?

I like it!

#212 8 years ago

"gweempose" If I go to the autograph signing with Pat Lawlor at the expo this year I m going to see if he will take a pic with me with my Pinside shirt on pointing at the logo with a thumbs up

#213 8 years ago

Now that I would like to see! Pinsiders around the world! I'll even throw in a price, how about a Pinside T for the best photo?

#215 8 years ago

Didn't read the entire thread so sorry if it's been said before, but I'd like to see a section on the top 100 page for the top 100 according to the pinside staff. Curious to how different it is from the masses top 100.

#216 8 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

Didn't read the entire thread so sorry if it's been said before, but I'd like to see a section on the top 100 page for the top 100 according to the pinside staff. Curious to how different it is from the masses top 100.

It's already there! You can check this over here (second column).

#217 8 years ago

don't know if this is available already or if it's been suggested... my apologies in advance if this has been discussed already.

the ability to "subscribe" to a thread and receive email notifications when someone replies would be great. including the ability to choose how often those notifications come in would be a plus as well. I.e. instant, daily, etc...

Thanks,
    Steve

#218 8 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

the ability to "subscribe" to a thread and receive email notifications when someone replies would be great.

Check this post, in this same topic
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-be-next-on-pinsidecom/page/4#post-69430

#222 8 years ago

What about maybe some sort of scoreboard/leaderboard. Not sure how to validate it or just use an honor system. A place where everyone can post personal top scores for their pins. Last week I was out playing LOTR and finally hit 100k and was very happy about it and then I wondered if it really is a good score or if its just good for more. Would be nice to come on here and compare somehow.

#223 8 years ago

This might exist and I just might not know how to access it, but is there a function that takes us to our first unread post if we have read that thread before? I know if you hit the time it takes you to the last post. Keep in mind I'm usually accessing the forums on my iPhone so that my be a limiting factor.

I know it's been touched on before but I thought a re-attack might work. I would also love to see a section maybe inside a user's collection section or a tab right beside it of people's gamerooms if they wish to share. I know they can add pics through the archive but then you have to tie it to a certain machine. Best thread on here is the gameroom sticky.

Post edited by Waldo : Added gameroom pics idea.

#224 8 years ago

Collector groups for owners of specific machines to talk amongst themselves.

So instead of sending a Pinside Mail to a specific person you could send a mail to everyone with Terminator 2 (as an example) listed in their current collection. Giving a person the ability to unsubscribe from a group would be good too.

#225 8 years ago

Too too much-
    lets keep it simple so the new guys as well as older cats like I can still navigate

#226 8 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

I would also love to see a section maybe inside a user's collection section or a tab right beside it of people's gamerooms if they wish to share.

Coming soon!

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

What about maybe some sort of scoreboard/leaderboard.

In the plans!

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Collector groups for owners of specific machines to talk amongst themselves.

I like that! Will think about how this could be implemented...

#227 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Whridlsoncestood said:
    What about maybe some sort of scoreboard/leaderboard.
    In the plans!

You rule!

#230 8 years ago
    Quoted from Waldo:

This might exist and I just might not know how to access it, but is there a function that takes us to our first unread post if we have read that thread before? I know if you hit the time it takes you to the last post. Keep in mind I'm usually accessing the forums on my iPhone so that my be a limiting factor.

No, not possible atm. Would be great but I have no idea how I could implement this easily_. I would have to store last read post for each user in each topic. Pretty complex stuff. Maybe I could do it with a cookie, that might work - hmmm I'll add it to my to-do list!

Quoted from Waldo:

I know it's been touched on before but I thought a re-attack might work. I would also love to see a section maybe inside a user's collection section or a tab right beside it of people's gamerooms if they wish to share. I know they can add pics through the archive but then you have to tie it to a certain machine. Best thread on here is the gameroom sticky.

Definitely high up on my list. I really want to give some more attention to users gameroom/collection/hi-scores etc and present it all in a nice interface. I just need some spare time to implement this but it's gonna come to the site.

#232 8 years ago

I haven't added that one because many people here use that abbreviation for PinsideMail or Private Message (which is essentially the same thing).

#233 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I haven't added that one because many people here use that abbreviation for PinsideMail or Private Message (which is essentially the same thing). []

Makes perfect sense!

#234 8 years ago

When you list in the "Pinball Market" area under "Wanted" all it says is "Make an offer" even if you put a specific $ in the main message. Can't it state what you are offering instead?

#235 8 years ago

I like the idea of a pinside app that someone mentioned earlier in this thread.

#236 8 years ago

Sorry it this has been covered before, but:
    Pinside need a knowledge database. A database to search for problems and their solutions.
    Searching for solutions in poorly named treads often leads nowhere.
    A good example is the GND short row 1 tread i started. Pinmike just explained how to measure diodes across micro switches in a very cool and easy to understand way.
    This piece of information will probably be lost in a few hours.
    i hope i'm making sense

#237 8 years ago

Better notification icon for "New Pinside mail". I didn't realized somebody sent me a PM from here until I checked my Hotmail email (two days later).

When doing a machine rating, there should be a way to universally enter how many times the rater has physically played the actual game before the final post. This doesn't necessarily have to effect the game's rating, but it can be very helpful for the researcher. (Example: I rate TOTAN low because 1. Maybe I just don't find it that fun. or 2. I have only played it about five total times on location.) I hope that makes sense.

#238 8 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderpants:

Pinside need a knowledge database. A database to search for problems and their solutions.
    Searching for solutions in poorly named treads often leads nowhere.
    A good example is the GND short row 1 tread i started. Pinmike just explained how to measure diodes across micro switches in a very cool and easy to understand way.
    This piece of information will probably be lost in a few hours.
    i hope i'm making sense

Your referring to a 'trouble shooting guide'. Correct?

2 weeks later
    #239 8 years ago

Is there any chance of adding older pinball games to the database?

#240 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kane:

When you list in the "Pinball Market" area under "Wanted" all it says is "Make an offer" even if you put a specific $ in the main message. Can't it state what you are offering instead?

You actually found a little bug. The ad should not display the text "make an offer" at all. A wanted ad has no price, the way it was designed at least.

Quoted from EvilJack:

I like the idea of a pinside app that someone mentioned earlier in this thread.

I really want to make this, believe me! I have some plans and sketches laying around here so there is a start.

Quoted from Thunderpants:

Pinside need a knowledge database.

Good idea, maybe I could add a "tech tips" sub-forum? Where only topics may be opened that are tech tips, like "How to measure a tIP36" or "How to remove a popbumper".

Quoted from dnhayden:

Better notification icon for "New Pinside mail". I didn't realized somebody sent me a PM from here until I checked my Hotmail email (two days later).

When doing a machine rating, there should be a way to universally enter how many times the rater has physically played the actual game before the final post. This doesn't necessarily have to effect the game's rating, but it can be very helpful for the researcher. (Example: I rate TOTAN low because 1. Maybe I just don't find it that fun. or 2. I have only played it about five total times on location.) I hope that makes sense.

Both great ideas. Will add those to my to-do list!

Quoted from PinballHelp:

Is there any chance of adding older pinball games to the database?

Coming very soon! Working hard on this...

#241 8 years ago

any way to implement a mobiel friendly site?

1 week later
    #242 8 years ago

This idea is kinda out there... But maybe some way to aid collectors in figuring out which machines they should buy or look for. Would be cool if it was somehow tied into ratings. Like after you rate a pin it would say 'you may also like' or 'people who rated this machine highly also like'.

#243 8 years ago

How about this idea I don't know if it has been already mentioned or not.
    A friend's list like sending a friend request to another member and if they
    accept they will be added to your friend's list.Also,If that member logs on
    to Pinside you will receive some kind of notification that member if he's on
    your friend's list has just logged in.

#244 8 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

any way to implement a mobiel friendly site?

I'm planning an iPhone app. I would also like to make the site look better on small devices (Android, Windows phones) but haven't begun work on that.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

This idea is kinda out there... But maybe some way to aid collectors in figuring out which machines they should buy or look for.

Good idea! Like recommendations? "If you like Demolition Man and Dirty Harry you will also like Johnny Mnemonic". That's a good idea. I'll see if I can come up with some smart mechanism to make these

Quoted from pinmike:

A friend's list like sending a friend request to another member and if they accept they will be added to your friend's list.

That might be a good idea, turning Pinside into the next Facebook! No seriously, it might be nice to have an idea of who's friends with who on the forum. I'll put this on the 'to-do'.

#245 8 years ago

Maybe each pin could have it's own 'posts page'... so that when you go to the page for a pin, you can write a coment, and get a kind of thread going for each machine... This seems to work well on a music forum I used to use where each artist would have it's own page with a thread of posts for that artist... Also, the main image for that artist would be voted up/down by users (one vote only per image of course)... could be used instead of the splash images?

P.S. welcome back Pinmike, I thought we'd lost ya!

#246 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Good idea! Like recommendations? "If you like Demolition Man and Dirty Harry you will also like Johnny Mnemonic". That's a good idea. I'll see if I can come up with some smart mechanism to make these []

Exactly! It might help collectors who are on the fence about buying a certain machines make up their mind.

Another similar thing would be visual relationship map. No idea how hard that would be to implement... but it would be neat to look at.

Examples:
    http://www.musicplasma.com/
    http://www.music-map.com/metallica.html

#247 8 years ago

To see how the machines rank based on any one variable i want to see, i.e. gameplay. Don't know if this was said as i didn't read all five pages of this thread.

#248 8 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

To see how the machines rank based on any one variable i want to see, i.e. gameplay.

That's a good idea... this will filter out subjective opinions about artwork etc...

#249 8 years ago

How about if someone has something for sale in the market it does something to their mini-profile info (the stuff to the left of each post)?

It could maybe put a green dollar sign next to the heart. Clicking the dollar sign would take you to the listing in the market.

Just a little extra advertising for sellers.

#250 8 years ago

Instead of posting a link to Youtube, why don't we watch the video while we're on Pinside!! Here's an example:

http://www.luxury4play.com/supercars/93531-lancia-delta-s4-shooting-huge-flames.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 265.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 119.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 289.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 64.99
    There are 330 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside