(Topic ID: 12)

What would you like to see next on Pinside.com?

By robin

15 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 330 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

There are 330 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 13 years ago

Unless I missed it, a tool section. What to use best on what, where to get them, etc...

#102 13 years ago

Unless I missed it, a tool section. What to use best on what, where to get them, etc...

That's a great idea. When I first started in this hobby about a year ago, I didn't know squat. A comprehensive tool guide would have really come in handy.

#103 13 years ago

That idea was born from searching for the proper place to post about the oscilloscope. Necessity is the mother of invention.

#104 13 years ago

I was thinking ......it may be bad idea....but I think it would be cool if robin or even SC or BD, or a person we all would trust, could organize a raffle with the prize being WOZ. I know I would buy a few tickets. By December or whenever if all tickets were sold, then someone with winning ticket takes home WOZ . Might be a nightmare, but could also be fun.

#105 13 years ago

Do you mean the Wizard of Oz pinball machine? That would be a sweat prize but the shipping would have to be covered as well. Shipping to some areas will be costly! Well to most areas. Who would give up their machine? Am I missing something about a WOZ floating around?

#106 13 years ago

I was thinking ......it may be bad idea....but I think it would be cool if robin or even SC or BD, or a person we all would trust, could organize a raffle with the prize being WOZ.

An interesting idea, but probably not feasible. Let's say a WoZ costs about $7,000 with shipping. If each entry is $50, you would need 140 entries. I just don't see that happening. Plus, you would need some sort of reputable third-party escrow service to act as an intermediary. And then, of course, there are tax ramifications to consider.

#107 13 years ago

What about some kind of a "Pinsider of the month" you could feature their personal collection and stories. Perhaps this Pinsider of the month could win a Pinside T-shirt if we could figure out a way to fund this monthly feature...

I don't know, just thinking out loud...

#108 13 years ago

I think it is a good idea Twizz63,maybe somebody could make a poll to see how many would actually chip in.

#109 13 years ago

What about if on the rating page, there was a section for pinsiders to rate their opinion on skill vs. luck in scoring as a percent. As in, scoring in 1979 Gottlieb Genie is: 73% skill / 27% luck.

#110 13 years ago

What about if on the rating page, there was a section for pinsiders to rate their opinion on skill vs. luck in scoring as a percent. As in, scoring in 1979 Gottlieb Genie is: 73% skill / 27% luck.

I like this idea, but it would probably be a hard thing to quantify, and the numbers would be all over the map.

#111 13 years ago

I am not saying it would be fact, or even extremely helpful information, but it would still provide information of experience of playing on given machine in one's POV.

#112 13 years ago

Wow! Just noticed the ratings and the Top 200 position graphs for the machines have changed.

Far more detail in the ratings graph, it now shows how the machines ratings change over time a lot better.

The pie chart for Pinside Karma in the "My Pinside" page also looks a lot better! Great stuff Robin!

#113 13 years ago

Tallgrass & Brokedad; Please identify those persons who are playing your machines it the icons. Do they have their own website?

#114 13 years ago

I think a good feature would be a mods section for each table. It could give people ideas they don't already have. It could be mods that can be bought, or a tutorial, or just to brag.

Another thing that would make the gallery better is to have the pictures more easily identifiable similar to ipdb.org. Right now the pictures are random and in no particular order. It makes it hard to find something when you have to look through all the pictures.

#115 13 years ago

I agree it should be almost a "sub-tab" within the search like LOTR with "LE" or "SE" or "Custom" able to filter those specific pictures, stories, or mods from the machine without making it too redundant. As well as a pricing graph (price last payed type of thing) that would help would be buyers to see how much to expect it would cost them (NIB, HUO, Routed) to purchase on any given machine. Maybe even include a small blurb into the rankings (high$/lo$).

1 week later
    #116 13 years ago

I'd like to see some sort of IM capabilities. It would be nice to chat/ask questions to other pinsiders online.

IM = Instant Messenger, not Iron Man lol..

#117 13 years ago

i like the idea to upload pics of our game rooms. maybe call it my pin shrine section or something i like the design of it now though kinda hard to improve. thanks for the site its a great support group for all us addicts.

#118 13 years ago

think a good feature would be a mods section for each table. It could give people ideas they don't already have. It could be mods that can be bought, or a tutorial, or just to brag.

i like this suggestion by judremy. alot of people have great ideas for mods if they are willing to share of course.

3 weeks later
    #119 12 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I'd like to see some sort of IM capabilities. It would be nice to chat/ask questions to other pinsiders online.

Isn't that what PinsideMail is for? A simple way to send messages to other Pinsiders.

#120 12 years ago

How about a way to register EM games into your Collection? I only have the one pin (a Chicago Coin Hollywood) and can't enter it. Figure that could change almost seamlessly if you're now keeping track of EM games in the Pinball Locator by IPDB numbers...
    Do you have the IPDB data listing?

1 week later
    #121 12 years ago

Allow the ability to add machines for the collection page.

Or use a feed from ipdb to populate the machines available to add.

Thanks,
    J

2 months later
    #123 12 years ago

External links opens in a new tab or window by default

Thanks for an inspirational forum populated by nice people.

#124 12 years ago

I agree with most here. It's time to be able to list our EM machines.
    Also, maybe some kind of grouping by area so we can find members and have Pinball Parties. I'm in Northern New Jersey. How many people are within an hour of me? Let's hang out, play pinball, drink and smoke cigars!

#125 12 years ago

What about machine-specific repair logs and Mod logs? Perhaps a new tab for this could be made on the various machine pages and we could upload the problems/fixes(ala pinball ninja) or mods.

Perhaps generic problems (ie. WPC resets) could/should be routed to a hardware-specific page.

I found the Pinball Ninja repair blog to be enourmously helpful and would love to see some kind of extension of that sort of problem-based instruction.

Shawn

#126 12 years ago

...and one vote for I like it the way it is

1 week later
    #127 12 years ago

EM machines should definitely get put on the databse! Why they're not here is a mystery to me!

#128 12 years ago

I would like a small section about the people that run Pinside cause I think you do a great job. Like maybe if you click the 'Contact' like at the top there is a short bio and email links for the staff.

EDIT: Nevermind... just found The Story of Pinside.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/help/how-it-started-the-story-of-the-pinside

You've officially thought of everything.

#129 12 years ago

More an enhancement than a new feature. As a noob researching the first pin(s), I find I use the Archive tab quit a bit. Between the reviews, price guide and other features, its referenced frequently.

As simple as it sounds, having the cursor focus set to the machine name entry field on page refresh would help. I many times find myself clicking the tab and then typing away not remembering I have to click again.

As a resource I can't think of any other functionality I would want either as noob or a seasoned wizard - good form and great resource. If only there was more EM content.

#130 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

I'd really digg seeing another 5-10 (15-20 in all) pinsiders up on the Kings of Karma section of the community page

Is there a way to see where we are with Karma? Right now I can only see the top 20. Can there be a link to show more if we wish like the top 100 machines, we can see the top 200.

#131 12 years ago

I'd like to see rankings by certain features, specifically the top "flow" pins and the top "deep ruleset" pins. Lots of other possibilities, too.

#132 12 years ago

How about donations to Pinside counting towards Karma? I think 1 Karma point for every penny donated.

Example - $10 is 1000 Karma.

#133 12 years ago

1) In the forums, I'd add a "like" button or maybe something more pinball themed. For example make it more visual. The more likes a post gets the more pinballs are displayed. There would have to be a limit of course, but it would give users an idea of which posts are the most usefully, especially when others are asking for a fix. I'd put it next to the "Posted _ hours ago | #" section.

2) Also, in the forums why does the site automatically direct you to the 1st page of the topic? I'd separate the original post (always display that, almost like a header) but then have the site direct users to last page they checked in the topic. Basically, when I click back into this topic I should display the original post but then I should be on page 3, but instead it's going to direct me to page 1.

3) Others have said it, but I'll 2nd or 3rd or whatever chat. It would be a nice addition.

4) I'll also 2nd, 3rd or whatever older machines.

5) I'll steal another idea for GameTZ, but a membership feature might help generate revenue. You can then offer bonus features as member only.

#134 12 years ago

Perhaps a small improvement. Not a huge deal.

- Move 'Add a tag' to the bottom of the a thread. I'm always adding tags to threads accidentally when I'm really trying to search the forum (I always delete them after). Could just be me.

#135 12 years ago

Sure this has already been mentioned but too lazy to read through all the other posts but would like to see an "UP" green arrow and "DOWN" red arrow next to the pins on the top 100 list that show recent activity as they move up or down in rankings.

#136 12 years ago

Increase the limit of six icons for your personal collection? Also is there a way to set the pinside email ebay alert to only alert you if the machine is avialable in your state only. I get tons of spam with alerts from listing from across the country. Thanks.

#137 12 years ago
    Quoted from Bill2626:

What about some kind of a "Pinsider of the month

I second the motion for "Pinsider of the Month". It could be a member who has really helped out someone big time or possibly someone who obtained a discount from a supplier for all of us. Each month there seems to be a member who goes above and beyond to help their fellow Pinsider and I think that calls for some recognition.

#138 12 years ago

I like the idea of adding EM machines to the database. It'll take some time, but it will be worth it.

#139 12 years ago

may be something in the works kwiKimart

#140 12 years ago

It would be nice for me to use the search utility to put something in quotes like "LED Funhouse" and not have everything with Funhouse come up.

#141 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

may be something in the works kwiKimart

I can imagine it now, two complete web pages dedicated to Gottlieb EM machines on Pinside. Maybe three actually.

#142 12 years ago

Robin, Id'e like to type in what city or state I am in and see where and what available pins are in my area to play publicly. This would give all Pinsiders opportunities to rank and play pinball

#143 12 years ago

Maybe some sort of browseable/searchable wiki knowledge base with common questions and solutions. Anyone could answer and other users could vote for the best answer (possibly flag or vote off poor answers). It could start with simple things like "What should I polish my playfield with" or "Where should I buy LED upgrades?" and maybe progress to include technical repairs info for specific pins.

Kinda like Yahoo! Answers I guess.

#144 12 years ago

How about dropping the pinball bar from the latest discussion forum. Leave the bar, just don't include comments from there in th latest. I understand it is a place to talk about other stuff but I come to this site for pinball. If I want to know a band tour date I will check there site.

#145 12 years ago

I just thought of a good one. How about if you are alerted via email every time your name is mentioned in a thread? In order for this to be really effective, I think it would need to be customizable. For example, I would set mine up so that I would be alerted if someone typed either "gweempose" or "gweem", since people often use the shortened version of my name. Of course, you should also have the option to completely turn the feature off. Some people have names that are very common, and it would get pretty darn annoying if you were getting an email every few minutes.

#146 12 years ago

Maybe a listing of people that can called upon for servicing our pins? I like to do a lot of it myself, but having a trusty tech nearby would be a bonus.

#147 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

maybe a listing of people that can called upon for servicing our pins? I like to do a lot of it myself, but having a trusty tech nearby would be a bonus.

Great idea. I know a guy who lives about an hour and a half away from me. Here's his website:

http://www.endlesspinball.com/

#148 12 years ago

Perhaps mod edits to vague topic titles (you don't really know what the topic is until you click and read the post). It was a pet peeve of mine when I ran a forum. Example bad topic title:
    "Does anyone here..." would be changed by a mod to "Does anyone here like Data East pins?"

2 weeks later
    #149 12 years ago

How about a dot? next to your avitar, to show if your online or not. Green=online, off=offline. I've seen this on multiple other sites, and really like it. I hate having to go out of a topic I'm reading, to see if someone is online or not.

#150 12 years ago

A sub-forum for all Polls that have been posted would be nice.

There are 330 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-be-next-on-pinsidecom/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.