(Topic ID: 22434)

What should an LE consist of. Gary Stern, time to listen to your customer!

By thedarkknight77

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Just hammer the nail in the coffin and kill the pro. Be done with it. Most ops do not even bother anyway.

Yes. Location pinball has been going on in this country for almost 80 years now. Way, way too long. No need for it anymore as we can all just play alone in our basements now. Our only needed connection with the outside world is Pinside. No need for actual face to face contact. We should probably go ahead and kill off pinball shows and tournaments too while we're at it. Totally worthless. I can order my games and everything else I need from my basement.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

While some may cheer the pro acdc its clear that Ritchie robbed the budget on the pro to fund more stuff on the le.

That's a load of crap. I'd suggest you search on youtube for Steve Ritchie and AC/DC as he has explained more than once in seminars how it was handled. You're not even close.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

No need to screw the pro model like they did.

I like the pro model just fine. The 'plastic train' doesn't affect gameplay in the least. Are things that have nothing to do with gameplay that important to you? Not me. The compensation for the missing moving bell is perfect.

As much as I don't like the direction they're going, they totally nailed AC/DC. All three models. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I owned it close enough for me. You go ahead and show me what on acdc pro has for bom that xmen pro has for bom....where is the money? the music is that where it went? the cannon? maybe from youssi doing the face???? where is the money that other games show like xmen or even tf or even tron where is it? Is there 1500 bucks in the coin box i didnt see?

You're focusing on money too much. All three versions of AC/DC are fun. That's all that matters. Not sure what you owned, but if you weren't happy with the purchase, I'd suggest you see and play the game next time before you buy one.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

It is very clear Ritchie robbed a grand worth of bom on the pro and dropped it on the led tunnel and the band. I dont know where else it went. BOTTOM LINE THE LE SHOULD FOOT THE BILL FOR THE PRO. If the pro model is to survive than the LE needs to go up in price so the pro can stay the same. I will tell you THIS FOR FACT THE PRO IS SUPPOSED TO GO DOWN 300 bucks with the new board set and have all leds. Guess what is going up 300.......dont believe me i will put another 100 bucks like i did on xmen lets see who pays up this time....... Where is that guy from xmen he owes me money.

Again, you're wrongly focusing on the money. The BOM does not make the game. Suggesting either XM is somehow better than any of the AC/DC's is ridiculous. They're not. Flintstones had a huge BOM. Does that make it a good game? Tell me how you think the games plays, not how much you think each one is worth.

#44 11 years ago

If you would rather have a picture of a train rather than a sculpted one, you have low standards

Now that's funny. Are your scores way higher with the sculpted train?

I'd rather be a player with low standards than a collector who only focuses on the bling.

#67 11 years ago

Listen Gary Stern if you are going to post on this forum just come clean and state who you are.

Gary Stern had it right. When he had to cut costs, he did it in areas that didn't affect gameplay. Somehow I'm guessing you still weren't happy about it.

Your comments are foolish...

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/enfantprovocateur.htm

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The reason the moving bell is so much more vital, is not for the fact that the bell swings. It's that it closes off after the hit, and reroutes the ball under the ramp to the left loop, to your flipper.

Most shots to the bell don't make it past the bell. They go back down to the flippers, just like the pro.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Instead of BAM! and STDM, like the Pro does.

Not all pros go SDTM. Either way, a player needs to adjust accordingly. Some here want a ballsaver after a cannon shot. That's stupid. It's often a risky shot, just like the bell on either model. Adjust your play or buy an easier game.

We are simply stating we disagree with Sterns newest business choice.

I get that and for the most part, I agree with you guys. The thing is, Stern is selling boatloads of games right now. AC/DC appears to be a big success for them. Your timing couldn't be worse. You guys are jumping up and down screaming and they have no reason to listen. They're too busy building games. You say 'Time to listen to your customer', yet you aren't a customer. Your newest Stern is LOTR and you don't have any Stern's on your wishlist. Why on earth would they want to listen to you?

#111 11 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

this post is a response to X-Men. AC/DC is the only one to date with the Premium model

AC/DC is also the only recent game with the proper amount of development time. I believe Steve was back at Stern for more than a year when AC/DC finally shipped. The rest of the games are being hurried out the door. TF shipped about 6 months after Gomez came back. It showed. Judging by just the software, XM was being built before the software department even got the memo.

If you don't like what they're selling now, wait until after OZ ships and see if they change their MO. If you can't wait, then go to a show and talk to Gary. Screaming here accomplishing nothing.

Quoted from markmon:

So his next step was to create more full featured machines at a more premium price.

I think many here underestimate just how much influence Stern's new investors have. The 'full featured' games came out not long after the new investors showed up. So I wouldn't say it was Gary's next step, more like their next step. Gary is no longer making all the calls solo.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-an-le-consist-of-gary-stern-time-to-listen-to-your-customer?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.