(Topic ID: 22434)

What should an LE consist of. Gary Stern, time to listen to your customer!

By thedarkknight77

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akumazeto.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

Just hammer the nail in the coffin and kill the pro. Be done with it. Most ops do not even bother anyway. Stern wont because thats there major sell in Europe. But the way the euro is they have to be seeing the hit anyway.

Quoted from RobT:

nd a pro for AC/DC was perfect.

While some may cheer the pro acdc its clear that Ritchie robbed the budget on the pro to fund more stuff on the le. What on the acdc pro cost as much as the xmen pro? or Tf pro? The le games should foot the bill for toys on the pro.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

That's a load of crap. I'd suggest you search on youtube for Steve Ritchie and AC/DC as he has explained more than once in seminars how it was handled. You're not even close.

I owned it close enough for me. You go ahead and show me what on acdc pro has for bom that xmen pro has for bom....where is the money? the music is that where it went? the cannon? maybe from youssi doing the face???? where is the money that other games show like xmen or even tf or even tron where is it? Is there 1500 bucks in the coin box i didnt see?

It is very clear Ritchie robbed a grand worth of bom on the pro and dropped it on the led tunnel and the band. I dont know where else it went. BOTTOM LINE THE LE SHOULD FOOT THE BILL FOR THE PRO. If the pro model is to survive than the LE needs to go up in price so the pro can stay the same. I will tell you THIS FOR FACT THE PRO IS SUPPOSED TO GO DOWN 300 bucks with the new board set and have all leds. Guess what is going up 300.......dont believe me i will put another 100 bucks like i did on xmen lets see who pays up this time....... Where is that guy from xmen he owes me money.

Quoted from phishrace:

Yes. Location pinball has been going on in this country for almost 80 years now. Way, way too long. No need for it anymore as we can all just play alone in our basements now

I work for a op who refuses to get them anymore. Most the ops in the WAMO circuit black listed Stern after the increase. I am headed to a WAMO meeting later this month would you like names of the ops in WI that dont get them anymore.

Actually it would be quicker to get names who still DO get them.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If charging 2k more, have 2k worth of stuff actually in it and make it seem like it's worth 2k more. Not $200 worth of new stuff.

Thanks neo my point exactly.

#41 11 years ago

My only point is why the price increase on the pro? where is the money? So if the game is fun it does not matter about money or bom? Its clear ritchie did not have a unlimited bom for acdc. Is the pro fun sure it is. But it is also clear he robbed the bank to pay for the prem/le.

Its plain as day ritchie said something to the affect i need 4500 for the bom on the le prem. but i only have say 3000 well i can leave this this and this out and get my money from the pro to make my le/prem. Are my numbers right prob not but you get the idea.

The pro should go away because most ops wont make the money back for what 10 years. They see there is less and less shit and the price went up. You think ops are dumb or something? Wamo was a major player with Stern. They where invited time and time again to WAMO meetings but declined to show up. They failed to meet the 2nd biggest organization of registered operators in the states. The only operator organization bigger is the AMOA. So when Gary Stern declines to come to a State wide meeting 2 hours away to tell one of his biggest circuits WHY they should still get games, you can see why most in WI have blacklisted them.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Can you imagine the LE version for that pin if it was made today????

Can you imagine something like LAH it would be 12k

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Tell me how you think the games plays, not how much you think each one is worth.

I also feel that acdc pro while fun is so crippled it cannot reap the benifits of software updates to the point where it almost feels like a DEMO model. Like at any given time a advert will pop and say wanna do this Get the PREM/LE model NOOW NOOOW NOOOOOWWWWW BUTT WWAIT THERE IS MORE!

I sold acdc pro because i dont think lyman will be able to make signaficant changes to teh pro via rules like was intended for the prem. SO major major major parts of the game will be missing like what.....a costco demo version.

No matter what NO F ING MATTER WHAT THERE SHOULD NEVER BE MAJOR SOFTWARE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN MODELS!

YOU SHOULD NEVER FEEL LIKE YOU COULDN'T PLAY X GAME IN X TOURNAMENT BECAUSE YOU ONLY PLAYED THE PRO AND NEVER THE LE.

They want to do that KILL THE PRO. JACK THE PRICE ANOTHER G and call it the PREM

#55 11 years ago

They should cost more. But the pro is not widely sold stateside anymore me thinks. They should rebadge it the EXPORT DISTRO MODEL. Since thats what it really is. If Europe ever stopped consuming pros Stern would go under. I just dont see much sense in it stateside anymore. It makes more sense to just raise the price more and delete this model all together. Thats my stance.

I get pros its all i can afford so its not like i am some pro hater. I got xmen pro...why the software is not cripple between versions. I can play xmen pro and do everything the le guys can and then compete on a le if needed.

#115 11 years ago
    Quoted from Naf:

Would ofcourse like to see more mechanicals on the LE than the Pro and not just cosmetic perks with added software.

This is the complete opposite of what needs to happen. The game play should never differ. Its not the same game if it does. The games should never be different software wise either. Xmen is good becasue it still has NC in the software Ice man in the software etc. It is wrong to penalize the player based on what model they played.

Pro models being aimed at route situations. Do you think a player should play a pro and go i would like to own this then get a LE and its completely different? Or a player play the pro on route then go to a tournament where the LE is significantly different?

This is quickly turning into a elitist club which is not good. Even the designers i have spoken too see it the same way. Hence why xmen is the way it is.

If the pro is to survive it needs to change. GOOD NEWS!!!!! it is going to change. Its getting full LEDS it seem's from Avengers forward. The cost will not change. If anything it will go DOWN. Gary has said time and time again the pro cannot i repeat CANNOT go up anymore or it will not be viable anymore. This will also be true for the LCD. The pro needs to be up to speed and the LE needs to foot the bill for the pro increase. BOOOOO i bet some of you say BOOOOO but its the way it needs to be.

Distros dont make much money at all from these. Hardly any on the le models. Margins where tight on TF it was not even funny. The average distro making 200 on the LE and maybe 400 on the pro.

The market wont last. Lots of new time people to the Hobby dropping 25-30 grand a year on LE machines will not last.

The Euro tanks harder the pros wont keep stern afloat either. I have friends in other countries who tell me the prices on the PRO's holy cow one fellow i know in Germany told me acdc le was 10,xxx USD or more pros being close to 7,xxx usd. This wont last. Lots of factors here.

#117 11 years ago

While i am happy with your above spirits i cant agree with you. Just a few years ago Gary was treating us all like crap. Denying that the home market is worth a damn. Calling us all jerks etc.

This only changed after he couldn't run his company without financial backing from others. At which point Garys attitude changed swiftly and became more fan and home owner friendly. So while the new guys see the somewhat happy go lucky Stern most of us older collectors will never forget the things he sad to us at shows and at trade shows.

Gary is a lawyer swift and crafty. Smooth talker. But many of Stern employee has told me off the record that he does not really care all to much about the game just the money attached to the game. I am not going to into that to deep. But many old timers know what i am talking about here.

Quoted from Naf:

COMIC ART on AVENGERS!!! lol

This would be nice but sorry its movie themed and most of all teh art is most def approved by now and production will most likely start in September with the game being at expo for play.

#119 11 years ago

NO doubt mechanical shit is awesome. But i think most people are getting angry that physical differences might be getting to great. Ac/Dc is the biggest one so far. There has only been one true LE model so far and that has been ac/dc Tron sure Tf sure but as a after thought. So with ac/dc the pro is missing damn near 40% of stuff maybe 50% lower rgb bell etc. So it really is a whole new game in a sense. The pro does not compensate or at least not yet and i dont see that it will via software. No way for lyman to really make up for rgb in a pro set. But xmen took it back and John made sure the software was still there. Moving forward if they are going to be different it needs to be made so that software can compensate for lack of physical.

#124 11 years ago

Thats the Gary i know more douche bag than Gene lol. Thats a tough one too

Quoted from jonnyo:

"Wow Tron Pro sucks, but the LE is great."

Thats because its not. One bonus mode.

Quoted from jonnyo:

Going to tournaments? At a tournament, unless your name ends in Kerins or Elwin you can expect 50% of the games or more to be ones you've never seen before

Damn i better stop playing at all the local ifpaa events. Shit thanks for telling me .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider akumazeto.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-should-an-le-consist-of-gary-stern-time-to-listen-to-your-customer?tu=akumazeto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.