Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PW79
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0506.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Since I have TSPP and JP, I was wondering what pin or pins would balance with my current collection. You can use my wishlist as a guide:

http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/kwikimart/collection

Yes, I know, it sounds weird that I'm asking Pinsiders what pin should I save up for, but I need help.

kwiKimart

#2 11 years ago

#1 BSD
    #2 TOTAN
    #3 Whirlwind

That's my top 3 picks out of your wishlist...

#3 11 years ago

#1 Goldeneye.....because I have one I can sell you
    #2 The Getaway....it's the most bang for your buck PERIOD
    #3 Whirlwind....because it's the coolest system 11
    Also these are my picks for you because you can land nice ones for about 2 grand apiece

#4 11 years ago

I like Whirlwind a lot, but I feel like Whirlwind and JP are very similar in terms of layout and design.

#5 11 years ago

i'd break it up into variety. i'd go for a williams. based on your list, i wouldn't do a widebody until your 5th-6th purchase. just my 2 bits.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I like Whirlwind a lot, but I feel like Whirlwind and JP are very similar in terms of layout and design.

They are similiar..and I prefer ww..
    HSII is a fast fun game..I sold it and regret it..

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Since I have TSPP and JP, I was wondering what pin or pins would balance with my current collection. You can use my wishlist as a guide:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/kwikimart/collection
    Yes, I know, it sounds weird that I'm asking Pinsiders what pin should I save up for, but I need help.
    kwiKimart

With TSPP already in your possession, it's time to step up to the plate. Sell JP and use it as a downpayment towards WOZ Silver (another Keith Johnson game like the TSPP). That'd be both a good start and an eye-opener for you.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from pins4fun:

Sell JP and use it as a downpayment towards WOZ Silver (another Keith Johnson game like the TSPP). That'd be both a good start and an eye-opener for you.

I'd rather play it before I even think about buying it.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I agree that's a lot of money for a pin you haven't played..

#10 11 years ago

Go with The Shadow.

#11 11 years ago

By your ratings, Shadow is a good move.. FT is another reasonably priced pin.

IMG_0506.jpgIMG_0506.jpg IMG_0504.JPGIMG_0504.JPG

#12 11 years ago

Your wish list is a good starting point
    Decide how much you want to spend, then keep your eyes open for a good example to cone along

IMHO it is better to be watching for a hand full of games than to obsess about one machine

#13 11 years ago

can't go wrong with a j pop or lawlor game totan,tz,ww

#14 11 years ago

I have a top 5 out of my wishlist if anyone is curious:

1. Shadow
    2. IJ
    3. LOTR
    4. Goldeneye
    5. BSD

#15 11 years ago

You need a B/W pin for your next one since you haven't owned one yet.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Granted, but sometimes layaway is a good thing when your buyin NIB's. Rumor has it the WOZ Silver is a stunnin game and it may be a better deal than the WOZ Emerald (LE) which is sold out. It's comin out soon, and it's really not more expensive than any recent NIB Stern titles either.

Alternatively, you may consider keepin what you got and gettin a brand spanking new Stern Transformers pin (available at Amazon for $2,999 on sale) for your third pin for a different type of a collection. Then again, what would you do with the TSPP, it's a dilemma.

#17 11 years ago

I'd say start saving and look for a good deal. Get whatever good deals shows up first off your list.

As for Whirlwind and JP, I have both and think that they play considerably different even though the shot layout is somewhat similar. The differences more than outweigh the similarities, and I have kept them both around when I've had the option to rotate out the WW.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from pins4fun:

Alternatively, you may consider keepin what you got and gettin a brand spanking new Stern Transformers pin (available at Amazon for $2,999 on sale) for your third pin for a different type of a collection. Then again, what would you do with the TSPP, it's a dilemma.

I'd rather have Ryan Leaf be the QB of my Chargers than give up my TSPP for a TF home edition.

Do you work for someone?

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'd rather have Ryan Leaf be the QB of my Chargers than give up my TSPP for a TF home edition.
    Do you work for someone?

No, I really don't. It's like from one pinhead to another, you axed and I'm sayin, that's all

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from pins4fun:

No, I really don't. It's like from one pinhead to another, you axed and I'm sayin, that's all

For a second I thought you were a distributor advertising upcoming pins that will be released.

Carry on.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

For a second I thought you were a distributor advertising upcoming pins that will be released.
    Carry on.

A distributor? You are very intuitive. Those were the good old days. I find it intriguing that you like The Shadow so much. Is it the theme, is it the game play, or is it just Alec?

"Intuitive improvisation is the secret of genius - Max Zorin"

#23 11 years ago

Shadow is quite awesome, LOTR is quite awesome as well with your love of TSPP

I find IJ boring unless you love the theme, compared to the other two mentioned..

But like Rob said ..you do need a "real pinball machine" so shadow should win over LOTR

#24 11 years ago

surprised no one has suggested STTNG. Not on your top 5 but should be!
    Fantastic pin especially for a 3 pin lineup. That was my first pin and got me into this addiction! Still have it.

If are into star trek next gen this is the pin for you.

Out of your top five price not an issue I would choose LOTR or IJ. Also with either of those if you didn't like it you would have no problem selling/trading them for something else on your list.

Lotr is a much deeper game and IJ is just plain fun with tons of modes.

#25 11 years ago

For the lower $, I'd go with HS2. If you want to go for a little more, I'd go with IJ or LOTR. I have both and they are a blast!

#26 11 years ago

BSD
    DH
    Tron

#27 11 years ago

POPEYE!

#28 11 years ago

Go for The Shadow!

#29 11 years ago

I have a TSPP, a JP, and a IJ. I love the different gameplay on each.

#30 11 years ago

even tho LOTR is my 5th favorite pin of all time. I'd have to vote against it, due to the fact you already have TSPP. WHich is super deep, long ball times game. Need to mix it up a bit.

#32 11 years ago

I passed on a $700 Popeye, but it was in bad shape.

1 week later
    #33 11 years ago

OK so I have a top 5 list of pins I can afford(under $4500)

1. Shadow
    2. IJ
    3. BSD
    4. STTNG
    5. HS2

#34 11 years ago

You really can't go wrong with any of those, good luck with your search!

#35 11 years ago

No love for a TFTC???

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

OK so I have a top 5 list of pins I can afford(under $4500)
    1. Shadow
    2. IJ
    3. BSD
    4. STTNG
    5. HS2

Well there you go......whichever one of those you can find in the best condition within your price range....grab it! You can't go wrong.

#37 11 years ago

Definitely IJ and SW.

#38 11 years ago

Totan. Excellent contrast to your current titles.

#39 11 years ago

Getaway for sure! Super fast pin to go along with long ball time TSPP and semi-long JP (haven't played JP too much, but from what I remember it wasn't a drain monster)

#40 11 years ago

Lol @ shadow = bad

Tf + woz = good

Tf > tspp

Too funny

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from playboywillis:

Lol @ Shadow = bad

Tf + woz = good

Tf > tspp

Too funny

I don't get it.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I don't get it.

Pins4funs comments

Or at least what I took from them

#43 11 years ago

Future Spa.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from playboywillis:

Pins4funs comments

Ohhhhhhhh OK.

#45 11 years ago

LOTMFR

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-shall-pin-3-be and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.