• Other 2 votes
    4%
  • Pinball Life 24 votes
    48%
  • Cointaker(red tremor) 3 votes
    6%

(50 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Buying my first new Stern and looking for recommendations on which brand of shaker to buy.

#2 5 years ago

Please add a "Not Cointaker" option. It will sweep this category. (PS, the PBL ones are good.)

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Please add a "Not Cointaker" option. It will sweep this category. (PS, the PBL ones are good.)

Cointaker has two versions, a red tremor and a stern Shaker. The red tremor is pretty violent, but the stern one is good and I have used it exclusively.

#4 5 years ago

Added to poll

#5 5 years ago

The cheapest one.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Cointaker has two versions, a red tremor and a stern Shaker. The red tremor is pretty violent, but the stern one is good and I have used it exclusively.

I didn't know about the non-RT CT shaker. Good to know.

#7 5 years ago

Red Tremor is TOO violent! Will destroy your machine. Go with the recommended for Stern at Pinball Life.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Buying my first new Stern and looking for recommendations on which brand of shaker to buy.

Stern or Pinball Life. Both are essentially equally good. Buy whichever is cheaper.

1 year later
#9 3 years ago

I have the rev c from pinball life in my JP2 & it's ridiculous. I'm busy trying adjustments to make it less horrible.

#10 3 years ago

I just ordered the same one. What issues and adjustments? Maybe I should have ordered a stern?

Quoted from Mutt:

I have the rev c from pinball life in my JP2 & it's ridiculous. I'm busy trying adjustments to make it less horrible.

#11 3 years ago

I recently bought the cointaker when they had it on sale. I don't like it in my ACDC. More noise than shake. Am hoping to be able to sell it without losing too much.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Ridiculous how? Noisy? I've never had any trouble with the Pinball life ones, it's the preferred shaker IMO.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

I recently bought the cointaker when they had it on sale. I don't like it in my ACDC. More noise than shake. Am hoping to be able to sell it without losing too much.

Yeah, the cointaker ones are crap in my experience. Hate them.

Always had great luck with the Pinball Life one.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ridiculous how? Noisy? I've never had any trouble with the Pinball life ones, it's the preferred shaker IMO.

Yeah, the cointaker ones are crap in my experience. Hate them.
Always had great luck with the Pinball Life one.

it makes a loud noise that drowns out the game & the shake is more like a pounding than a rumble.

I changed the weights so 1 is just is about 10% off of 180. I'm ok w/ it now but I still like the stern one in my AC/DC better. than one feels more like the rumble feature in a game controller.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

it makes a loud noise that drowns out the game & the shake is more like a pounding than a rumble.
I changed the weights so 1 is just is about 10% off of 180. I'm ok w/ it now but I still like the stern one in my AC/DC better. than one feels more like the rumble feature in a game controller.

Sounds like you may have a defective one. I wouldn't describe any of the pinball life ones I've installed as loud, and they're more of a flutter than a pounding - very similar to the Stern one, but even a little smoother. Cointaker's Red Tremor is pounding - that one is like a jackhammer. Hate it.

Maybe PBL changed their shakers recently, but I doubt it. I'd talk to Terry about it. It really sounds like you got a defective one.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like you may have a defective one. I wouldn't describe any of the pinball life ones I've installed as loud, and they're more of a flutter than a pounding - very similar to the Stern one, but even a little smoother. Cointaker's Red Tremor is pounding - that one is like a jackhammer. Hate it.
Maybe PBL changed their shakers recently, but I doubt it. I'd talk to Terry about it. It really sounds like you got a defective one.

thanks.

#16 3 years ago

mine quieted down when i put anti-rattle tape on my glass

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe PBL changed their shakers recently, but I doubt it.

No, we haven't.

#18 3 years ago

Thanks for the confirmation!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-shaker-motor-do-you-prefer?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.