Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dan63
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What separates top players from everyone else”

• Accuracy 61 votes
      25%
    • Flipper Control 41 votes
      17%
    • Nudging 19 votes
      8%
    • Steady Nerves 13 votes
      5%
    • Gameplay Knowledge 72 votes
      30%
    • If I Knew I'd be There 37 votes
      15%

(243 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4th-Edition-Character-Card (resized).jpg
    jmp (resized).jpg
    practice (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

But I was meaning to focus on their abilities with regard to completing the final modes of games, not just winning tournaments.

Lots of pinball skills translate interchangeably between single-player wizard mode attempts and competitive play... but certainly not all of them.

Nudge more. A LOT more. Nudge when the ball is in spots that you've never nudged before. Play with players who are much better than you to get better appreciation for nudging. Gameplay videos are terrible for the purpose of seeing just how much and how often top players nudge.

Play one-handed. Seriously, especially if you have pins available to you on Free Play. Playing one-handed teaches SOOOOO much: forces you to anticipate much much earlier with your flipper decisions and nudging decisions, forces you to use the flippers to bounce more than to flip, forces you to slow the game down.

Specifically for wizard mode: use your game rule knowledge to jot down some notes of the sequence/order you want to do things to accomplish the milestones required for the wizard mode goals -- FORGET ABOUT SCORE.

Last: play for "wizard" modes cooperatively. The most fun I've had recently in pinball is going after Reactor 9 destruction on TNA with friends and a few drinks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-separates-top-players-from-everyone-else?tu=Snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.