Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dan63
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What separates top players from everyone else”

• Accuracy 61 votes
      25%
    • Flipper Control 41 votes
      17%
    • Nudging 19 votes
      8%
    • Steady Nerves 13 votes
      5%
    • Gameplay Knowledge 72 votes
      30%
    • If I Knew I'd be There 37 votes
      15%

(243 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4th-Edition-Character-Card (resized).jpg
    jmp (resized).jpg
    practice (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

I feel like I have all of the basic skills down, though I'm sure others are better at them. I can bounce pass, post pass, drop catch. My shot accuracy is ok, but not great. I feel like what I lack and the best players have is solid concentration. If I try really hard, I can stay focused and nudge at the right time. But, more often than not, I let my concentration lapse, and then it is like I just watch the ball drain in slow motion knowing that I could have done something to save it if only I had tried to concentrate harder.

#121 5 years ago

So I was just watching one of Bowen’s tutorials and noticed that he doesn’t take an unsafe shot. He plots and thinks about how to get to where he wants to go by taking safer shots that are less likely to go SDTM. I wish I had that discipline and accuracy.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wouldn’t taking safe shots and avoiding risk fall under gameplay knowledge rather than accuracy?

Well, yes. Except for when I try to go for the safe shot and hit the dangerous shot instead.

1 week later
    #156 5 years ago

Sorry for the dumb question, but how does one practice by playing one handed? Do you use one hand and move back and forth between the flippers, or do you just have one hand on one flipper and try to nudge to keep the ball away from the other flipper?

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wold love this. 2m per person. Each player plays their full two minutes then it goes onto the next person. Hell 5 mins is fine. Anything to keep a four player game to 20mins or under is alright with me. Would make it better to watch as well.

I believe I can do this on my WOZ with the pindemption dongle.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-separates-top-players-from-everyone-else?tu=Nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.