Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tsskinne
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What sells better TMNT or WWE???”

• TMNT 114 votes
      74%
    • WWE 15 votes
      10%
    • Multiply the sales of both by 10 to equal the sales potential of The Matrix 26 votes
      17%

(155 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190921_203957 (resized).jpg
    0a013eb8e46c41b351fb7b31ef63080f (resized).jpg
    usp_tennis__u-s_75553678 (resized).jpg
    71+MDjIik8L._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
    B8E0777C-ECFE-4234-AB4C-22D7AA129417 (resized).jpeg
    47FFEE7F-BC09-4F51-914C-DD4E29AAAA35 (resized).png
    69c0705fd113aeea06440ac9a2993e50 (resized).jpg
    54a849c970c96a334e0ff9630995d426 (resized).jpg
    elyGrt (resized).jpg
    tmnt-bedroom-furniture-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-bed-sheets-twin-turtles-bedroom-sets-set-comforter-full-furniture-row-capital
    source.gif
    tattoo (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    max (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j-freeze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

I grew up at a time when both were relevant. And I was into the Turtles for awhile, but I tend to agree with o-din . Stern isn't know for originality! Lately they are Rehashing everything! I'll admit the new JP is a improvement on the original . But largely I think they are screwing up! Maybe if they alternated between an original theme and a NEW license things would be different

JP looks like its going to be one of their best selling games in the last few years, if it wasn't for playfield issues it would sell even better.
    Not sure how that is "screwing up".

If TMNT is based on the comics, original cartoon, or the first 2 movies it won't even be in the same realm as WWE, it will do great.
    80's babies like me are are huge part of the resurgence of pinball, are of the age of being able to afford new games.
    Stern is playing to that and its working.

I'm 35 TMNT and JP are my 2 favorite franchises, that being said, if TMNT is based on ANY other iteration other than the 3 aforementioned or an original ZY concept, I'm out.
    Absolutely Zero interest in any of the newer (year 1997+) TMNT titles.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

Guess what, I'm 42, re-read my previous post,, I'm also a huge part of that resurgence, I thought I made it very clear JP is the exception , Stern is cash grabbing old licenses rather than doing fresh new ones or original themes , if they don't start listening to customers there doomed to history, (stern>Data East>Sega>Stern)name changes , reorganizing, nearly going bankrupt, what I am Specifically referencing is poor business decisions,

I hear ya but I think they are trying to walk the line of their target market, our age and the generation before us.
    Munsters and BKSOR may have been better sellers if they were better games, although they didn't appeal to me I know many older pinheads were really excited for them.
    GOTG and DP are pretty new licenses but I doubt we'll ever see much in the way of original themes from stern.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j-freeze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-sell-better-tmnt-or-wwe?tu=j-freeze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.