Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tsskinne
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What sells better TMNT or WWE???”

• TMNT 114 votes
      74%
    • WWE 15 votes
      10%
    • Multiply the sales of both by 10 to equal the sales potential of The Matrix 26 votes
      17%

(155 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190921_203957 (resized).jpg
    0a013eb8e46c41b351fb7b31ef63080f (resized).jpg
    usp_tennis__u-s_75553678 (resized).jpg
    71+MDjIik8L._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
    B8E0777C-ECFE-4234-AB4C-22D7AA129417 (resized).jpeg
    47FFEE7F-BC09-4F51-914C-DD4E29AAAA35 (resized).png
    69c0705fd113aeea06440ac9a2993e50 (resized).jpg
    54a849c970c96a334e0ff9630995d426 (resized).jpg
    elyGrt (resized).jpg
    tmnt-bedroom-furniture-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-bed-sheets-twin-turtles-bedroom-sets-set-comforter-full-furniture-row-capital
    source.gif
    tattoo (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    max (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

I love Stern and Jared, but what are they thinking??? TMNT??? Come on, where is our Matrix???? You are going to waste the great Zombie Yetti on this title?? Trying to figure out when all is said, what would have sold better TMNT or WWE??? Bad idea Stern!!

#2 4 years ago

I'd sell both and get something better.

#3 4 years ago

TMNT all the way even though it's not my type of theme I have lots of friends who are super excited for this game saying it's a dream theme.

#4 4 years ago

so its a lock its TMNT next? or just rumor mill a churning?

#5 4 years ago

TMNT has to be a joke.

Although with some of the recent titles, I wouldn't put it past them.

It would be pinball hitting near rock bottom of the downward spiral it's been on for the last few years.

#6 4 years ago

I would think TMNT would sell more than matrix or WWE.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

I would think TMNT would sell more than matrix or WWE.

And that's the sad state of affairs pinball has let itself get into.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

TMNT has to be a joke.
    Although with some of the recent titles, I wouldn't put it past them.
    It would be pinball hitting near rock bottom of the downward spiral it's been on for the last few years.

Downward spiral? Because they started making awesome stuff like Maiden, deadpool, Jurassic park? You mad they didn't plaster some 70yr old dudes faces on the Maiden pins?

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

You mad they didn't plaster some 70yr old dudes faces on the Maiden pins?

That would have been more realistic.

The fact that they are pretending this crap's new and relevant is even a bigger joke.

But that's what got me in trouble here, speaking my mind and telling it the way it is the way I see it, because some can't handle the truth.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And that's the sad state of affairs pinball has let itself get into.

Or you didn’t grow up in the late 80s or 90s?

I have no attachment to leave it to beaver but you might

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

Or you didn’t grow up in the late 80s or 90s?

I have no attachment to leave it to beaver but you might

Oh that's funny!

Just because I still watch Gilligan's Island on occasion doesn't mean I want another pinball machine themed after them. History.

But they will make whatever you are willing to shell out ten grand for, so have at it!

And then you can decorate your house just like you did your bedroom when you were ten years old.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Oh that's funny!
    Just because I still watch Gilligan's Island on occasion doesn't mean I want another pinball machine themed after them. History.
    But they will make whatever you are willing to shell out ten grand for, so have at it!
    And then you can decorate your house just like you did your bedroom when you were ten years old.

O-din I like you so this is not meant as a dig but I'm almost certain you were born before 1980 if you think that way about tmnt. Just curious - is that correct?

To me this is just a generational thing. I think Iron Maiden is the most embarrassing band I can think of. I wouldn't be caught dead with a maiden t-shirt on - it's that cringe worthy embarrassing. The fact anyone could think they are cool is beyond me but that's bc I didn't grow up in that time.

I'm sure tmnt is seen the same way by older guys. How could anyone think that's good? I understand that.... Just an age thing that's all.

And tmnt (80s/90s not this new millennial garbage) will sell much better than people think

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I’d totally “shell out” for TMNT! As long as it’s 80’s/90’s or comic book based. But it was a strong part of my youth and I still love it.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

O-din I like you so this is not meant as a dig but I'm almost certain you were born before 1980 if you think that way about tmnt. Just curious - is that correct?

Yes, I was born in 62 and was an adult when TMNT first aired. Doesn't mean I didn't watch some of it or take any in. I even watched the VR Troopers when it was on.

I had girlfriends with little brothers that had stuff plastered all over their rooms. We had cool shit too when I was a kid. I just don't want any of it now. It would be like me wanting a Brady Bunch pin. They don't cater to me though, but I figure I'm still free to speak my piece.

#15 4 years ago

No doubt you can and should continue speaking your piece. I'm just commenting on why it's not resonating with you. It's a BIG difference experiencing them when you were an adult instead of when you were a kid. Night and day and explains why you and many other folks on here born before 1908 doesn't understand it.

By no means am I saying you shouldn't express your dismay about TMNTs. God knows I'm on your side of the equation many times and speak freely too. That's what makes this website great. Just grounding this in logic to explain why.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I'm just commenting on why it's not resonating with you.

It was bitchen back in 1987. It's just lifetimes ago and I've way moved on since then. Guess not everybody has.

I took it all in. Perhaps we can get Bobby's World next. Or even The Tick.

#17 4 years ago

TMNT & WWE are both probably the lowest theme I could ever think of behind maybe...Brooks & Dunn or something?
    But for the question at hand, TMNT would sell 100X what WWE did and it wouldn;t even be close. I mean probably more than that but we'll never know how pitifully low WWEs numbers were. There have been a ton of TMNT flavored stuff out there for decades...could go on for decades people arguing here they should have used the comic version of them instead of the movie etc etc.

Matrix was an all time film...with 2 of the all time worst sequels ever made. I've seen the movie probably (actually) 100 times and couldn't give 2 shits aboot a pinball machine.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It was bitchen back in 1987. It's just lifetimes ago and I've way moved on since then. Guess not everybody has.

Second for Bobby’s World!

#19 4 years ago

Spoon!!!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChippyWonka:

Second for Bobby’s World!

After TMNT and Bobby's World we can continue on with these other great similar genre pinball themes.

lseuxpzwkntjf0coatv2 (resized).jpglseuxpzwkntjf0coatv2 (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgmax (resized).jpgmax (resized).jpg
    #21 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

After TMNT and Bobby's World we can continue on with these other great similar genre pinball themes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My step kids would kill for a Sponge Bob pinball. So In about 15 years, I’ll get to be of the age group that complains about it lol.

#22 4 years ago

TMNT will sell much more depending on what era of turtles they base the pin on. If Stern chooses the current Turtles cartoon show or the Michael Bay versions, it’s going to fail and it’s going to fail harder than WWE. If they base it on original art or the 90’s movies, it’s going to sell really well. In WWE’s defense, Stern chose the current product which clearly isn’t anybodies cup of tea and if you look at their ratings and compare them the Attitude Era (1999-2001), you could see why WWE Wrestlemania did so poorly. How many collectors out there were salivating to spend over $5k on a pin based around John Cena and Roman Reigns? I’m a longtime wrestling fan and had no inclination to purchase the machine. The only time I ever wavered was when used prices plummeted between $3200-3500. I still couldn’t pull the trigger to make a purchase. It’s going to be a similar case with TMNT. For now, it’s wait and see...

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gravity:

TMNT will sell much more depending on what era of turtles they base the pin on. If Stern chooses the current Turtles cartoon show or the Michael Bay versions, it’s going to fail and it’s going to fail harder than WWE. If they base it on original art or the 90’s movies, it’s going to sell really well. In WWE’s defense, Stern chose the current product which clearly isn’t anybodies cup of tea and if you look at their ratings and compare them the Attitude Era (1999-2001), you could see why WWE Wrestlemania did so poorly. How many collectors out there were salivating to spend over $5k on a pin based around John Cena and Roman Reigns? I’m a longtime wrestling fan and had no inclination to purchase the machine. The only time I ever wavered was when used prices plummeted between $3200-3500. I still couldn’t pull the trigger to make a purchase. It’s going to be a similar case with TMNT. For now, it’s wait and see...

The Raw Thrills arcade game is based on the new show. I assume Stern will follow suit?

I have fond memories of TMNT, but can’t honestly say that I remember many specifics of the original show or movie. I’d be happy with the new style as long as the game has fun mechs and the classic characters.

They need the original theme song though. That’s a must.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Or even The Tick

Now we're talking.

#25 4 years ago

I'm all in on a TMNT pin!!! I'd also want a he-man, transformers, and gi Joe all from my childhood of the 80's(has to be the 80's license). It's pretty simple. If you don't like the next theme, just sit tight and 3 months later a new one will come out again, along with multiple other companies games. Enjoy your current games and you will be ok.
    Go ninja go ninja go!!!!

#26 4 years ago

Given the choice, TMNT, duh.

That being said:
    Matrix>TMNT>WWE

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

Now we're talking.

Darn, I was just gearing up for this one.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #28 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Darn, I was just gearing up for this one.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm holding out for this

tattoo (resized).jpgtattoo (resized).jpg
    #29 4 years ago

It depends on which version of the turtles they use. Nickelodeon seems to reboot the franchise every couple of years now. If they go with the current TMNT version with the horrible animation or the Michael Bay movies, that would be a fail IMHO. Similar to how the Stern Transformers should have been based on the G1 cartoon and not the live action movies. Same thing with Wrestlemania. I'm sure the WWE pushed to have the main version of the game be about their current wrestlers since that is what they want to promote the most, but classic wrestlers are what most have nostalgia for and would have made for a better selling game. That and better code out of the gate wouldn't have hurt either.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

To me this is just a generational thing. I think Iron Maiden is the most embarrassing band I can think of. I wouldn't be caught dead with a maiden t-shirt on - it's that cringe worthy embarrassing. The fact anyone could think they are cool is beyond me but that's bc I didn't grow up in that time.
    I'm sure tmnt is seen the same way by older guys. How could anyone think that's good? I understand that.... Just an age thing that's all.
    And tmnt (80s/90s not this new millennial garbage) will sell much better than people think

I grew up at a time when both were relevant. And I was into the Turtles for awhile, but I tend to agree with o-din . Stern isn't know for originality! Lately they are Rehashing everything! I'll admit the new JP is a improvement on the original . But largely I think they are screwing up! Maybe if they alternated between an original theme and a NEW license things would be different

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That would have been more realistic.
    The fact that they are pretending this crap's new and relevant is even a bigger joke.
    But that's what got me in trouble here, speaking my mind and telling it the way it is the way I see it, because some can't handle the truth.

Odin I don’t know if you’ve gotten a chance to play Iron Maiden yet but it’s pretty good . Keith did a really good job with design, it shoots great . Rules are fantastic, and I really like the artwork (although that is fully subjective) . Regardless of how you feel about the theme you should check it out , I personally think it is really great game . I think the Wizard of Oz is one of the worst movies ever made and yet JJP made a pretty good pin based on that horrible theme . I don’t care about turtles or dinosaurs but I’ll give any pin a shot because I love pinball and theme is only a small part of it .

#32 4 years ago

Wow, I don't know, this is a hell of a subject here! I remember being dumbfounded when WWE was announced, I was like WTF was Stern's marketing department thinking! It seemed like such an obvious failure to me, without having to think for more than a second. Sure enough, my Distributor wrote me a day later asking if I was interested in an LE, which he had never done before or since. I wrote back asking him if he was kidding. I think I'll be in the same line of thinking if any company announces Muppets or TNMT. I'm not against either, just not sure if there would be enough buyers to break even on either title. Honestly, I kinda hope they're both next, so that I can have time to save up for another title in the future, because Elvira is mesmerizing me right now for my last available dollars. But back to the subject at hand, are there really more than a thousand folks out there looking for TNMT, over say Jaws, James Bond, King Kong, Matrix, Scooby Doo, etc.? My geezer mind doesn't think so, but who knows, I'm an old fart now. Good luck to those who are looking forward to this title!

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think The Tick could be a great pin, as long as it is an original story. I have come to realize that I don’t have dream themes, GB opened my eyes to this. The constant call outs from the movie drove me nuts. I also thought i would be in on a Guardians of the Galaxy, but after playing it and watching the same cutscenes over and over, i was out.

Deadpool is a great example of theme with a new story, if I had to play DP with nothing but movie callouts I would hate it. My exception to this is BM66, I have never seen an episode so everything on it was new to me.

Also in the same vein is music pins, I own AC/DC don’t really like the music but like the pin. The music is almost white noise to me when I play it. It is the pin my kids like playing the most.

#34 4 years ago

Any proof that TMNT is upcoming or more typical hype-train based off nothing but rumors?

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Odin I don’t know if you’ve gotten a chance to play Iron Maiden yet but it’s pretty good .

I played it. It brought back memories. I split.

#36 4 years ago

So many better old school cartoons than TMNT, hard to believe it’s for real but if really made hopes its fun.

#37 4 years ago

TMNT will sell well.
    I'll certainly get a Pro for location.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

The Raw Thrills arcade game is based on the new show. I assume Stern will follow suit?

Not sure that logic tracks... Raw Thrills stuff is almost 100% not in homes, and relies on actual kids wanting to play... whereas a pinball it actually has to be adults "shelling" out and mostly playing.

#39 4 years ago

TMNT is a great theme. Hopefully it is better executed than the first one, however.

I would absolutely LOVE to see the matrix though!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Any proof that TMNT is upcoming or more typical hype-train based off nothing but rumors?

The rumors are now pretty solid and from multiple sources.

Not a game I can get excited about, but there is enough nostalgia for it to sell decent.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

Not sure that logic tracks... Raw Thrills stuff is almost 100% not in homes, and relies on actual kids wanting to play... whereas a pinball it actually has to be adults "shelling" out and mostly playing.

The Raw Thrills game is actually based on a different Nickelodeon show which was pretty successful during it's run. The new show that came out last year is Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Look at the design of those Turtles from the current series. Definitely cringe worthy. Especially if the licensing is approved for that show in particular.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

I grew up at a time when both were relevant. And I was into the Turtles for awhile, but I tend to agree with o-din . Stern isn't know for originality! Lately they are Rehashing everything! I'll admit the new JP is a improvement on the original . But largely I think they are screwing up! Maybe if they alternated between an original theme and a NEW license things would be different

JP looks like its going to be one of their best selling games in the last few years, if it wasn't for playfield issues it would sell even better.
    Not sure how that is "screwing up".

If TMNT is based on the comics, original cartoon, or the first 2 movies it won't even be in the same realm as WWE, it will do great.
    80's babies like me are are huge part of the resurgence of pinball, are of the age of being able to afford new games.
    Stern is playing to that and its working.

I'm 35 TMNT and JP are my 2 favorite franchises, that being said, if TMNT is based on ANY other iteration other than the 3 aforementioned or an original ZY concept, I'm out.
    Absolutely Zero interest in any of the newer (year 1997+) TMNT titles.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

JP looks like its going to be one of their best selling games in the last few years, if it wasn't for playfield issues it would sell even better.
    If TMNT is based on the comics, original cartoon, or the first 2 movies it won't even be in the same realm as WWE, it will do great.
    80's babies like me are are huge part of the resurgence of pinball, are of the age of being able to afford new games.
    I'm 35 TMNT and JP are my 2 favorite franchises, that being said, if TMNT is based on ANY other iteration other than the 3 aforementioned or an original ZY concept, I'm out.

I feel the same way. I would really have no interest if it's anything but 80s/90s Konami tmnt. The rest is hot millennial garbage.

#44 4 years ago

TMNT will be a huge hit!
    Home sales will be good and more importantly it will be one of the best games for route. Ninja turtles have had a huge presence in arcades since 1990. People will be happy to pump quarters into a new turtles machine.

I’m in for a pro and an LE

#45 4 years ago

Dude keep your powder dry for TMNT!!!!!

So does OP get paid by the ? or what ???????

#46 4 years ago

TMNT is Huge! But aren't most TMNT sales for kids? I'm sure there are some big fans of both TMNT and pinball, but that # still seems like it would be low to me. For those that think TMNT will be a great seller, when was the last time you bought some TMNT merchandise that cost more than $100 for an adult (not a kid)? They keep rebooting the franchise for the newest generation of kids - not for the long time adult fans. It could totally earn well in a public location for kids (Chuck-E-Cheese), but I don't see that many home sales for a $5,000+ pinball. I could be totally wrong - that's just like my opinion man.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

Guess what, I'm 42, re-read my previous post,, I'm also a huge part of that resurgence, I thought I made it very clear JP is the exception , Stern is cash grabbing old licenses rather than doing fresh new ones or original themes , if they don't start listening to customers there doomed to history, (stern>Data East>Sega>Stern)name changes , reorganizing, nearly going bankrupt, what I am Specifically referencing is poor business decisions,

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

... Stern is cash grabbing old licenses rather than doing fresh new ones or original themes , if they don't start listening to customers... ,

Sadly I don't know if that's true.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

Guess what, I'm 42, re-read my previous post,, I'm also a huge part of that resurgence, I thought I made it very clear JP is the exception , Stern is cash grabbing old licenses rather than doing fresh new ones or original themes , if they don't start listening to customers there doomed to history, (stern>Data East>Sega>Stern)name changes , reorganizing, nearly going bankrupt, what I am Specifically referencing is poor business decisions,

I hear ya but I think they are trying to walk the line of their target market, our age and the generation before us.
    Munsters and BKSOR may have been better sellers if they were better games, although they didn't appeal to me I know many older pinheads were really excited for them.
    GOTG and DP are pretty new licenses but I doubt we'll ever see much in the way of original themes from stern.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

I hear ya but I think they are trying to walk the line of their target market, our age and the generation before us.
    Munsters and BKSOR may have been better sellers if they were better games, although they didn't appeal to me I know many older pinheads were really excited for them.
    GOTG and DP are pretty new licenses but I doubt we'll ever see much in the way of original themes from stern.

Munsters could have been epic,, if they wanted it to be, yes DP an GOTG are newer, stern has a pattern , and that pattern doesn't include originality, as long as pinheads buy whatever they regurgitate out , they won't get the message, all the hype I heard about Elvira , so far it's reality is lukewarm,
    If they make TMNT I hope it's what you wanted in a pin, I'll sit back and wait for further review

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-sell-better-tmnt-or-wwe/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.