Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    3316213109_198b58ea67_z (resized).jpg
    IMG_9036 (resized).jpeg
    16632703088_a2f66c2410_o (resized).jpg
    Knotts-Soak-City-01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2594.gif
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    34DCDA8D-6289-40F0-BE4D-E6B75AD96A42 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6362 (resized).JPG
    Patrick Stewart Reaction.gif
    e2d7d766f3aa960b6ec02af396da17e6 (resized).jpeg
    giant-ghana-snail-500x280 (resized).jpg
    flatten;scale;jpeg_quality=70 (resized).jpg
    5479-003-M (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Physical pain. Not death, but having teeth broken out, fingernails ripped out, digits or limbs being removed, surgery. Blood in general is not something I enjoy.

Do you have some unpaid gambling debts?

I ripped off my big toenail as a teenager. It wasn't pleasant, but nothing to worry about. It grew back.

#36 2 years ago

I could list 100 things that worry or depress me. After a while, you just become numb to things.

Things that truly scare me? Probably nothing that's realistic. Put me in a room with a bear, alligator, or deadly snake and I'd be scared. Put me on a 1000 foot tower with no safety harness and I'd be scared. Situations like that won't ever happen though.

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from dougram69:

Kidney stones bigger than 5mm.

Not even 5. I've only had one that caused me issues and it was 2-3mm. It was jagged and the spikes caused it to keep getting stuck. Lithotripsy broke it up, but then the pieces got stuck an inch or so lower. All in all it caused 5 trips to the ER over 3 months before I finally told them to admit me and go in and get it.

Changed my diet a bit after that. Mine was caused by drinking a ton of tea. Now I only have maybe one glass a month. That was 15 years ago and I haven't had a kidney stone since.

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

My friend with this ongoing issue told me that the doctor prescribed some medicine for him to decrease his uric acid level. He also changed his diet, but I don't know the details. I think it involves less fatty meat and more lemon juice. Not sure about those details though. I hadn't heard that about that tea.

There's different kinds of stones, but mine were calcium oxalate. Tea is high in oxalates, which bind to the calcium you consume to make stones. Lots of foods like chocolate, berries, and nuts are high in oxalates. I read a whole book on the subject after my kidney stone nightmare.

I got mine in July. I was working outside on my yard for several days, sweating, getting dehydrated, and drinking massive amounts of tea. Bad combination.

1 week later
    #246 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Being startled awake by a ringing phone in the middle of the night.

Or smoke alarms because of a bug crawling inside. Last time that happened was the day after I had hernia surgery and it was the one in the living room with 14 foot ceilings. Excruciating pain with any movement, but had to set up and climb a ladder to shut it off.

#262 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Fentanyl scares me and now that people are cutting most recreational drugs with it-has me thinking those days are over for me.

That's what killed my niece last year. Whether it was suicide or accidental overdose is still up for debate.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-scares-you-the-most?tu=loneacer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.