Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    3316213109_198b58ea67_z (resized).jpg
    IMG_9036 (resized).jpeg
    16632703088_a2f66c2410_o (resized).jpg
    Knotts-Soak-City-01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2594.gif
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    34DCDA8D-6289-40F0-BE4D-E6B75AD96A42 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6362 (resized).JPG
    Patrick Stewart Reaction.gif
    e2d7d766f3aa960b6ec02af396da17e6 (resized).jpeg
    giant-ghana-snail-500x280 (resized).jpg
    flatten;scale;jpeg_quality=70 (resized).jpg
    5479-003-M (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dent00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 2 years ago

While fishing in a large river under overhanging trees along the bank, a fully grown water moccasin dropped out of a willow tree into the flat bottom boat. It was thrashing around, hissing, randomly striking and generally pissed off. I thought for sure that I was going to get bit. My dad scoped it up in a fish net and threw it out of the boat. I hate poisonous snakes and that was pretty scary, especially because it was so unexpected.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Not a big deal at all. The worst part is the prep, and it's only because you have to drink some awful salty shit (mix it with Gatorade and it isn't so bad), and then you shit your brains out. Once you're in the hospital the next day, it's nothing at all. Do it.

I had the lemon lime flavor. Instructions are basically to drink it all, one glass at a time. When I came in for the procedure, the doctor asked me if I had drank all of the solution. I told him that I had and that I had learned that it is possible for me to pee out of my ass with that stuff. He just laughed and told me to count backwards from 100. Next thing I recall is waking up in the recovery room and I was really hungry after fasting for 24 hours. Then, I got to see color photographs of my gastrointestinal tract and colon. I had no issues. I am not sure that I want to repeat that procedure.

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from dougram69:

Kidney stones bigger than 5mm.

I have a friend that has regular problems of this type, like maybe 3-4 times over the last 20 years or so. He actually has a few stones saved in a pill bottle that he passed and collected in a strainer. His were kind of light brown in color. He compared the pain to a woman giving birth. The shape was not round, but rather flat and jagged. He described the original shape more like a small round object with spines in several directions and that was after having the sonic procedure to break it up. He has also had to have the surgery. I cannot imagine trying to pass that.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Changed my diet a bit after that. Mine was caused by drinking a ton of tea. Now I only have maybe one glass a month. That was 15 years ago and I haven't had a kidney stone since.

My friend with this ongoing issue told me that the doctor prescribed some medicine for him to decrease his uric acid level. He also changed his diet, but I don't know the details. I think it involves less fatty meat and more lemon juice. Not sure about those details though. I hadn't heard that about that tea.

3 weeks later
    #279 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Getting an injection in my eye for macular degeneration!! Scary thought but had it done yesterday and not that bad.
    Damn, getting old's a bitch.

If you haven't considered it already, I suggest that you look at taking eye vitamins with the AREDS formula.
    I take Preservision vitamins, because my father had this exact affliction and it is hereditary.
    He basically went blind with laser surgery to attempt to correct the issue.
    I hope that you have better results.

#282 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Wow, H....y. I'm sorry to hear you're going through that. I hope that some remedy can be found to arrest or cure that condition. Yes, aging sucks. My late brother used to say, but it's better than the alternative. He got the alternative, but I'm beginning to question whether that's true or not!

If you register on the Bausch and Lomb website, they will send you a free refrigerator magnet with a grid on it that you can use to test your vision to see if you have this beginnings of this affliction. They sent me one for free and I use it about once a month. So far, I don't have that issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dent00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-scares-you-the-most?tu=Dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.