Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    3316213109_198b58ea67_z (resized).jpg
    IMG_9036 (resized).jpeg
    16632703088_a2f66c2410_o (resized).jpg
    Knotts-Soak-City-01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2594.gif
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    34DCDA8D-6289-40F0-BE4D-E6B75AD96A42 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6362 (resized).JPG
    Patrick Stewart Reaction.gif
    e2d7d766f3aa960b6ec02af396da17e6 (resized).jpeg
    giant-ghana-snail-500x280 (resized).jpg
    flatten;scale;jpeg_quality=70 (resized).jpg
    5479-003-M (resized).jpg

There are 383 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 2 years ago

My youngest daughter going away to college in the fall, then it being only my wife and I in the house.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

My youngest daughter going away to college in the fall, then it being only my wife and I in the house.

Me too. But I'm not scared. I'm actually looking forward to it.

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Me too. But I'm not scared. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Me too a bit, but the wife is already talking about how sad she’ll be, they are super close.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

It's very hard ...I cried for days...but gets better.

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Me too a bit, but the wife is already talking about how sad she’ll be, they are super close.

Daughter is only going to be 300 miles away so we can visit her anytime.

#156 2 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Daughter is only going to be 300 miles away so we can visit her anytime.

That’s what I told the wife, our daughter will only be about 100 miles away.

#157 2 years ago

I still cry to this day. ...gonna get over it? Prob not.

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

When my youngest left the house for college five hours away, we went out to eat every night that week - it was pretty quiet at the house and we didn't know what to do I think.

The youngest is out of college now and moved just 30 minutes away. It is nice she has her own house to go home to as we have gotten use to being able to do our own thing (though I now have a new set of to do's helping her with her house!)

#159 2 years ago

It's more about missing my little boy who would beg me to play with him.

#160 2 years ago

As far of what scares you the most, I agree the loss of a child would nearly be unbearable. I lost a brother growing up and it still weighs on me decades later. For the most part, though, I am not scared of much but am cautious of a lot of things.

After I got back from an Afghanistan deployment, I noticed every white Toyota car or truck that got near me for a long time (the vehicle of choice for VBIEDs as they are all over the middle east). I wouldn't call that being scared, just being cautious.

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

drinking massive amounts of tea.

I knew someone 30 years ago that had the kidney stone trouble bad, and his doctor told him no tea from now on, and instead have at least 6 beers a day.

One main reason I make sure to have plenty of beer everyday, I do not want to chance getting kidney stones.

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

What scares you the most?

Pinside won't let me say.

This is #2:

Nuclear bomb blast.gifNuclear bomb blast.gif

#163 2 years ago

At least #2 would be fast and probably painless.

#164 2 years ago

At least #2 would be fast and probably painless.

Yeah, most of my #2’s are fast and painless as well.

#165 2 years ago

I poured a bowl of cereal and a black spider fell into my bowl. Stll Remember seeing it swim frantically in the milk.
    Haven't eaten much cereal since.
    Had a spider bite me on my forehead and people on my son's hockey team teased me all season long I had herpies.

#166 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I poured a bowl of cereal and a black spider fell into my bowl. Stll Remember seeing it swim frantically in the milk.
    Haven't eaten much cereal since.

I opened a box of Crackerjack and a bunch of moths flew out. Store manager gave me a case of beer so it wasn't all bad.

#167 2 years ago

I am fascinated with spiders and have owned them as pets in the past. I was showing off and and my pink toed tarantula "bessie" nipped me in the fore head.

#168 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

I opened a box of Crackerjack and a bunch of moths flew out. Store manager gave me a case of beer so it wasn't all bad.

Silly! That was the prize!

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, most of my #2’s are fast and painless as well.

Mine too. We're lucky, I guess!

#170 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Pinside won't let me say.
    This is #2:
    [quoted image]

Buyer's remorse?

#171 2 years ago
    Quoted from dougram69:

Kidney stones bigger than 5mm.

I had a bunch that were all bigger than 5mm. I went to the Dr because it was flat out painful. Dr. Just kept screwing around. Go take a test and wait for the results. Rinse wash repeat. After three weeks of this the pain stopped being intermittent. I went from Friday night to Sunday night in agony. I just wanted to sleep. Finally caved and went to ER. Finally found out it was kidney stones and ofcourse it was labor day weekend. They wanted to keep me in the hospital. Apparently when you don't eat or drink for a few weeks your insides begin to shut down. Went to the Dr. Tuesday and had surgery Thursday. I guess I eat to many cashews

#172 2 years ago

What scares me is when I visit “Topics in which you posted” on Pinside after being away for several hours, and there are no new posts.

#173 2 years ago

Losing independence..

#174 2 years ago

Kaneda

#175 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

What scares me is when I visit “Topics in which you posted” on Pinside after being away for several hours, and there are no new posts.

I have noticed a lot of that also.

It does not scare me, it is just weird.

With all the new sign ups daily to this site I would think that there would always be someone new sharing a story, etc.

Anyway, the flesh eating bacteria is what scares me, and now I have some nasty wounds on my legs that are bleeding, so I am not getting in any lake water or ocean water anytime soon.

I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!

And I hope none of our fears happen anytime soon, and better yet never.

#176 2 years ago

I have noticed a lot of that also.
    It does not scare me, it is just weird.
    With all the new sign ups daily to this site I would think that there would always be someone new sharing a story, etc.
    Anyway, the flesh eating bacteria is what scares me, and now I have some nasty wounds on my legs that are bleeding, so I am not getting in any lake water or ocean water anytime soon.
    I hope all of you have a AWESOME WEEK!
    And I hope none of our fears happen anytime soon, and better yet never.

lmao .Like Peter Brady waiting for people to show at his party .I can relate to this one

#177 2 years ago

EOS on DE JP.

#178 2 years ago

Not a giant fear but I do not compact trash with my hand. My dad crushed a light bulb into his hand when I was little. Just a thing for me. I will always use an item to push it down instead if I have to.

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

lmao .Like Peter Brady waiting for people to show at his party .I can relate to this one

JOHNNY BRAVO!

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Not a giant fear but I do not compact trash with my hand. My dad crushed a light bulb into his hand when I was little. Just a thing for me. I will always use an item to push it down instead if I have to.

Damn. Really reaching! I wish I had such light concerns. Pun intended!

#181 2 years ago

Disappointing my wife and kids. And zombies. Oh, and huge sharks.

Especially disappointed zombie sharks.

#182 2 years ago

Getting pulled over while carrying a lot of cash to buy a game.

I hide the money well, and if I were to get asked a bunch of questions I will just say I am looking forward to all the points I will be getting on my credit card.

I would never say anything to a cop about having any cash.

Also, buying a NIB, and it has a note that says remove the tie and foam before operating the game, and after a hour of looking I can not find the tie.

But still, mainly weird stuff that may cause me to lose legs and arms and stuff.

#183 2 years ago

But still, mainly weird stuff that may cause me to lose legs and arms and stuff.

If you lost your legs. Your stuff would be dragging.

LTG : )

#184 2 years ago
    9E42884E-6CD0-49C4-8CF8-B4985DFA34EE (resized).png9E42884E-6CD0-49C4-8CF8-B4985DFA34EE (resized).png
    #185 2 years ago
    Quoted from jncall21:

[quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from jncall21:

[quoted image]

He looks more angry than disappointed. Dodged a bullet on that guy!

#187 2 years ago

I hide the money well, and if I were to get asked a bunch of questions...

So what's a good place to hide money?

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

You probably can't.

If you can think of it, a burglar already has.

LTG : )

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Under a nasty floor mat in the back.

#190 2 years ago

Under a nasty floor mat in the back.

I hope that’s not code for skid marked undies

#191 2 years ago

Losing a family member. I remember driving through the backroads of Kansas in the middle of the night to get my son to an emergency room when he woke up with his lungs closing up.
    Or when one of the scamps disappeared in a mall. Remembering that still spikes the ol' ticker.

For personal fears, dying slow. Especially of something like diabetes or dementia. I hope I go out quick.

#192 2 years ago

JJP playfields.

#193 2 years ago

MRI machines.

#194 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

JJP playfields.

Yep. 1000 times yep.

#195 2 years ago

This thread is getting silly.

#196 2 years ago

Clowns are scary. Sold my Cyclone. Strangely, I want to buy another

#197 2 years ago

Manmade viruses.

#198 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Disappointing my wife and kids. And zombies. Oh, and huge sharks.
    Especially disappointed zombie sharks.

They are indeed the worst!

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from Multiball33:

Especially when by suicide. Pain never goes away. Live it everyday.

So true

#200 2 years ago

My scare wires are broken in my brain, so as of now, unless my brain somehow repairs the connections, nothing.

There are 383 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-scares-you-the-most/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.