Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 383 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    3316213109_198b58ea67_z (resized).jpg
    IMG_9036 (resized).jpeg
    16632703088_a2f66c2410_o (resized).jpg
    Knotts-Soak-City-01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2594.gif
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    34DCDA8D-6289-40F0-BE4D-E6B75AD96A42 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6362 (resized).JPG
    Patrick Stewart Reaction.gif
    e2d7d766f3aa960b6ec02af396da17e6 (resized).jpeg
    giant-ghana-snail-500x280 (resized).jpg
    flatten;scale;jpeg_quality=70 (resized).jpg
    5479-003-M (resized).jpg
    There are 383 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 2 years ago

For me, it is flesh eating bacteria.

I seen all the news stories about Aimee Copeland, and all that changed me a long time ago.

I used to love going to the lake tubing and swimming, but I am still afraid of that.

I thought for a while it was just a fresh water problem, and the ocean would still be safe, but no, not long after the Copeland stories on the news, salt water cases started popping up.

I remember one news story about a guy that had just got a tattoo and went in the ocean, and the flesh eating bacteria got him pretty fast.

35 years ago, when I was graduating high school, I had just cut my foot with a chainsaw, and I was still limping when I made it to the ocean to celebrate.

Man that salt water healed the wound right up, and for decades I would go to the beach anytime I was hurt, and my wounds would heal so fast it was amazing.

Now I would be afraid to get in the water if I had any kind of cut at all.

I guess everything is just polluted now or something?

Anyway, by starting this topic I hope to learn some stuff, but if you want to goof off and say the tax man or whatever scares you the most that is fine also.

And I plan to start going to the lake again, I am tired of the boat not getting used while I really want to be out doing lake stuff.

I have not heard any flesh eating bacteria stories in the news lately, and I am not sure if it is safe now, or if the news has just stopped reporting those stories.

Sharks scare me also, but where I go there has been only one attack in the last 100 years, and it was because someone was fishing while standing in the water with bait in their pocket.

At least I could see a shark, even if it was too late to avoid a bite.

#3 2 years ago

I don't think anything scares me.

I believe in the old Viking thinking that the great father rolled out the skein of your life long ago. And you won't live one second longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits nothing.

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago

That’s too scary to contemplate. For me it’s probably hanging off El Capitan by my fingertips. I don’t like heights.

#5 2 years ago

The unknown. Cliché answer I know. It's not an active fear or anything that I let get in the way of things I want to accomplish.

#6 2 years ago

My grandfather had a saying he used to tell me when I was scared or stressed about things .”Dont worry about that shit I promise you one thing,we all make it to the end .” Great words,great man.

#7 2 years ago
    I-Am-Invincible-GoldenEye.gifI-Am-Invincible-GoldenEye.gif
    #8 2 years ago

Wackadoodles in government.

Seriously.

#9 2 years ago

My wife.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

That’s too scary to contemplate. For me it’s probably hanging off El Capitan by my fingertips. I don’t like heights.

Being on a fire department 15 years, I have seen enough to know, that’s is my single biggest fear. I would get the flesh eating disease, or nose dive off a cliff without histation to save my family.

Burning to death sound pretty shitty though

#11 2 years ago

My wife finding out how much those games in the basement are Really worth!

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

My wife finding out how much those games in the basement are Really worth!

Don't worry. When I meet her. That won't be the first thing I tell her.

LTG : )

#13 2 years ago

A whole lot of things have scared me in the past, but the flesh eating stuff has been the one thing that really made me change my lifestyle.

I miss the lake, and I miss the ocean.

It has worked out awesome that for years now I have just stayed at home a lot more, playing pins and arcades.

But I am ready to get back in the water this Summer.

If anyone hears anything about the flesh eating stuff, please let me know, and I will probably just get another game and not go near the water again this year.

Also, AWESOME comments so far!

#14 2 years ago

Snakes and needles. I hate getting shots and have to every 2 weeks

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Snakes and needles. I hate getting shots and have to every 2 weeks

I am very sorry about the having to get shots stuff, I can not stand all that either.

My Dad was diabetic, and took shots daily, and I have low sugar myself, and I am glad that with this I never have to take any shots.

Snakes have never really scared me, just startled me when I get close to one that I did not notice.

And thanks to punkin, and one of my clients that loves snakes, now when I see one yeah I still say out loud oh shit, but now instead of running I try to get a better look at it.

Snakes do startle me a lot more than spiders, but I can say I have never been treated for a snake bite, but I have been treated for a spider bite.

#16 2 years ago

I’m not entirely sure. But giving it some thought.
    Maybe being trapped? think movies like
    127 hours,
    Buried,
    Green Room.

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I miss the lake, and I miss the ocean.
    It has worked out awesome that for years now I have just stayed at home a lot more, playing pins and arcades.
    But I am ready to get back in the water this Summer.

Do it! Ease into it if need be. Life’s too short to not enjoy the water.

“if you’re afraid to die, you’re afraid to be born”

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

For me, it is flesh eating bacteria.

got this 5 years ago
    And what would you like to know?
    want pictures?

I have ended up loosing a leg, and shortened my life
    all from a simple scratch on my leg

#18 2 years ago

Drowning in the ocean...

#19 2 years ago

Buying a new pin from a start up company that asks for money up front

#20 2 years ago

Those little 5-second nightmares where some intruder immediately appears in your bedroom and starts to attack you and then you wake up.

#21 2 years ago

Physical pain. Not death, but having teeth broken out, fingernails ripped out, digits or limbs being removed, surgery. Blood in general is not something I enjoy. I also still dream of becoming a neurologist or neurosurgeon, so I guess I would have to get over the fear pretty quickly if my life goes in that direction at some point.

#22 2 years ago

The creeping authoritarianism within the government and the inability or unwillingness of the populous to take a stand against it

#23 2 years ago

Americans.

#24 2 years ago

The world, right now.

#25 2 years ago
    4ddec5391af83.image (resized).jpg4ddec5391af83.image (resized).jpg
    #26 2 years ago

Not a big fan of heights, our people in charge.

#27 2 years ago

Unequal distribution of the law.

#28 2 years ago

Dying with mortal sin on my soul

#29 2 years ago

stern and jjp playfields

#30 2 years ago

Large breasted woman. Have been my downfall since the mid 70’s. Even my lawyer is now afraid of them !

#31 2 years ago

Especially when by suicide. Pain never goes away. Live it everyday.

#32 2 years ago

These fokkers.

76125918-56a709b43df78cf77291a0c9 (resized).jpg76125918-56a709b43df78cf77291a0c9 (resized).jpg
    #33 2 years ago

Yeah… and these too.

C78158B2-1048-4597-88D5-5B03D4AF64AC (resized).jpegC78158B2-1048-4597-88D5-5B03D4AF64AC (resized).jpeg
    #34 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Physical pain. Not death, but having teeth broken out, fingernails ripped out, digits or limbs being removed, surgery. Blood in general is not something I enjoy.

Do you have some unpaid gambling debts?

I ripped off my big toenail as a teenager. It wasn't pleasant, but nothing to worry about. It grew back.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Yeah… and these too.
    [quoted image]

I get these occasionally and just let them go. They will eat other insects in your house. Keep dust , dead skin flakes vacuumed.

#36 2 years ago

I could list 100 things that worry or depress me. After a while, you just become numb to things.

Things that truly scare me? Probably nothing that's realistic. Put me in a room with a bear, alligator, or deadly snake and I'd be scared. Put me on a 1000 foot tower with no safety harness and I'd be scared. Situations like that won't ever happen though.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I get these occasionally and just let them go. They will eat other insects in your house. Keep dust , dead skin flakes vacuumed.

Still creep me out.

#38 2 years ago

1)The prospect of ever having to deal with family court law in a divorce.
    2) see above

#39 2 years ago

Being alone.

Living an unfulfilled life.

#41 2 years ago

The song Maneater.

#42 2 years ago

Undetected cancer is my biggest fear. My 2 younger brothers were both diagnosed and treated (kidney, colon). I feel like my turn is coming, and I’m ready but I’m afraid they’ll miss it somehow and it’ll be too late. It’s an irrational fear.

#43 2 years ago

Being fully aware but unable to communicate or move on my own

#44 2 years ago

The total collapse of civilized society in America. Its already gone in a lot of places in the world. It seems inevitable, just wondering if it will happen in my lifetime.

Oh, and yes, those goddam flying monkeys. They have been scaring me since I was a little kid.

#45 2 years ago

My children getting T1 diabetes like me. It’s hereditary the experts seem to think and I panic every time they are unwell.
    I don’t want them or anyone for that matter to have to go through the endless BGL checks, insulin doses and constant calculations on foods eaten.

#46 2 years ago

Prison has to be in the top 10

#47 2 years ago

Current pinball prices

#48 2 years ago

Being forgotten.

#49 2 years ago

Not having a wifi signal..kidding. Losing a friend/relative w out saying goodbye. Putting down a dog. People’s attitudes towards the pandemic/vaccine.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I have ended up loosing a leg, and shortened my life
    all from a simple scratch on my leg

I am very sorry to hear this.

Are there any precautions to keep this from happening? Other than just staying out of water?

There are 383 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-scares-you-the-most and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.