Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pachill
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's your current most likely sleep position?”

• back 15 votes
      12%
    • stomach 27 votes
      22%
    • left side 20 votes
      16%
    • right side 20 votes
      16%
    • either side 40 votes
      32%
    • other? Please explain! 2 votes
      2%

(124 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AB910ABC-4556-4281-A29E-EEFCA0AA65C0 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG0096 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 4 years ago

Quick story.
    Docs requested a sleep apnea test. One goes to a strange place, in a strange bed, and wires you up.
    Of course it discovers you dont sleep well. A CPAP machine is often the recommendation, a mask you wear at night to push air in.
    Ill grant you that there are many people that DO need this, but Tons of false readings.
    First, the tests can be off because you know you have wires on you, a camera, and a strange bed.

I went over my issues, hated trying to sleep with a mask, and fixed my issue by altering the angle
    of my throat/head.
    I made my own pillow. Memory foam for the bottom with a cutout for my arm/hand, cooling gel in the
    middle layer, and a buckwheat pillow on top. Its thicker than others, but still fits a pillow case, and my head is now angled to an open airway.

As we get older, this becomes an issue, but try working your pillows first or new mattress.....

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from PiperPinball:

Sleep Apnea is really common. Ive had it for over 20years but didn't know I had it until a few years ago. I am 42, in shape and try to sleep 6-8 hours per night. Start with a snore guard mouth piece. Its designed to move your lower jaw forward so your tongue doesn't fall back into your throat while your sleeping. Anyway, had the snore guard for 3 years but stopped working. Now I am on an A-pap machine. (similar to the Cpap). My AHI is under 3. Was 15 on my sleep study a few months ago.
    Oh another thing. If you suffer from Heart Burn. Sleep Apnea 100% causes Heart Burn. With my A-pap/CPAP machine I no longer have heart burn and stopped taking Prilosec (3 years on it).

Couldnt agree more. In my case, I was tossing and turning...no snoring, They were testing in regard to coronary disease.
    Its all kinda tricky, and never gave it a thought until after 40.
    As others have hinted, the best remedy is still good sex before sleep!, IMO.
    (Note the word "Good')

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-your-sleep-position-with-poll?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.