(Topic ID: 268409)

What's your guilty pleasure game?

By KnockerPTSD

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    Machine (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200513-050458_Google (resized).jpg
    Thunderbirds (resized).png
    20200413_172220 (resized).jpg
    raven-pinball_6923 (resized).jpg
    DSCF0074 (resized).JPG
    phoenix (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    86E836A6-D6DB-4E63-A146-3D53A80F6205 (resized).jpeg
    s-l400 (1) (resized).jpg
    20200511_144758 (resized).jpg

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Everyone has that game they love even though the rest of the world tries to tell them it is terrible.
    For me this game is Last Action Hero. Is it deep? Nope. Is it easy? Sure. Is it ugly? To most, yes. Do I play one whenever I get the chance? You bet your ass I do.
    Maybe its because I loved the movie growing up, maybe it's the call outs, maybe it's the forcing me to use the whole playfield (depending how you want to play I guess)
    Last Action Hero is my guilty pleasure
    What's yours?

20200511_144758 (resized).jpg20200511_144758 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

I'm gonna feel the fire for this one but this machine is my go to when I just wanna play and not get into anything with deep rules. It's jacked up at 8 degrees and plays perfect.
    -Mike

s-l400 (1) (resized).jpgs-l400 (1) (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago

Surf N Safari or Class of 1812. Both major cheeseball games that never fail to put a smile on my face.

#4 3 years ago

WOF.

#5 3 years ago

LAH also. First pin. Never leaving.

#6 3 years ago

Big Hurt was my first pin... its a slap fest... load up the bases... grand slam all day long. It has a real baseball experience that is totally fun for me. Rarely did I ever care about score... just lighting up the the game.

#7 3 years ago

I'm a bit embarrassed at how much I like playing Stern's Wrestlemaina.

But I have absolutely NO SHAME in loving Baywatch.

ed: I am absolutely embarrassed that I enjoy Stern's Playboy - it's a fun, challenging shooter but the theme and artwork is just gross.

"But what about Baywatch," you're probably asking? Baywatch is about making rescues, collecting vehicles and saving lives. The cabinet art and a few of the animations are a bit risqué, but Playboy is completely over the top and doesn't attempt to hide its objectification - one of the game's goals is literally to collect women, for crying out loud. If the Playboy layout were given a different theme, it might be great.

#8 3 years ago

Anyone who doesn't like playing Orbitor 1 or Robocop is a jerk

#9 3 years ago

Gottlieb Hot Shots. The cheesy music and graphics never fail to make me smile sheepishly

#10 3 years ago

It shouldn't be a guilty pleasure game because it's so awesome--but took a thumping from the Pinside naysayers who never gave it a chance...but for me, it's Stranger Things (premium or LE...the pro is pretty lame, I think). I still can't stop playing it, almost three months later.

#11 3 years ago

Street fighter II pinball. I like the Gottlieb big flippers makes it easy to cradle the ball and aim shots at your 12 opponents. This pin just keeps me coming back. I even have it next to my living room.

#12 3 years ago

I had a lot of fun with Secret Service. Gets panned here all the time, but I found it enjoyable.

#13 3 years ago
    86E836A6-D6DB-4E63-A146-3D53A80F6205 (resized).jpeg86E836A6-D6DB-4E63-A146-3D53A80F6205 (resized).jpeg
    #14 3 years ago

South Park. Always makes me laugh.

#15 3 years ago

Congo was my guilty pleasure in the early 2000s because RGP ridiculed it. Now it’s my guilty pleasure because I could bank a $2500 profit but I still refuse to let it go.

#16 3 years ago

Road Show for me. From the linear ruleset, to the glorious country music. Even if it wasn't my first game, it would be a long-term keeper.

#17 3 years ago

Gilligan's Island.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chumbuket:

Street fighter II pinball. I like the Gottlieb big flippers makes it easy to cradle the ball and aim shots at your 12 opponents. This pin just keeps me coming back. I even have it next to my living room.

I was waiting for the Street Fighter fan. I always use it as my example of games I cant stand lol. To each their own buddy.

Quoted from swampfire:

Congo was my guilty pleasure in the early 2000s because RGP ridiculed it. Now it’s my guilty pleasure because I could bank a $2500 profit but I still refuse to let it go.

I dont think Congo has bad rap in the community. It's a totally decent pin imo. Overpriced and ugly but solid fun.

#19 3 years ago

Hook. for me the Windcoaster is one of the most satisfying shots in all of pinball, i actually like the call outs, and the light show and music progression getting to and during Bangarang multi-ball is sweet.

#20 3 years ago

Shaq. It's a great game. I love trying to get all the hidden features. I've never done all five in one game yet.

#21 3 years ago

I go full on old school. Chicago Coin Pro Basketball. My kids laugh watching me endlessly shoot a ball into a hoop but it’s therapeutic lol.

#22 3 years ago

Gladiators

#23 3 years ago

NBA Fastbreak - such a fantastic integrated theme. Nothing beats sweating out trophy multi-ball (wizard mode).

Not to mention it also has a unique backbox, ability to pass and shoot the pinball around the defender, smooth combo shots, and Midnight Madness is a lot of fun.

I think it doesn't get much love because it is a sports theme.

#24 3 years ago

Hurricane. I like it more than Comet or Cyclone.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
    #25 3 years ago

Phoenix

phoenix (resized).jpgphoenix (resized).jpg
    #26 3 years ago

A lot of pinsiders say they don't like it but I do, Wonka.

#27 3 years ago

It's not a machine...vodka and sprite zero.

#28 3 years ago

Sharkeys shootout. Love that game.

#29 3 years ago

Baywatch has always been the one I let go and then go back to and find another. Such an awesome and cheesy table...just like the series.

It’s nice to see it finally getting a little more love from the community

#30 3 years ago

Roller Coaster Tycoon. I always enjoy playing it when I come across it.

#31 3 years ago

Of the games in my collection, Riverboat Gambler by far. It's not that easy, and while the music is love it or hate it, I tend to tune that out and just enjoy the game play

DSCF0074 (resized).JPGDSCF0074 (resized).JPG
    #32 3 years ago

For me it's Dr Dude. And I also like Baywatch

#33 3 years ago

Transformers LE - had it 4 times and wrestling with getting it a 5th time....
    the rule set is impossible and very vanilla. No interesting quirks or surprises. I know I have no hope of ever getting to the wizard mode, battle for cybertron, but for some reason I just love the game...

#34 3 years ago

Probably would have to go with Lectronamo for classic SS, Bad Girls for Alphanumeric and Lethal Weapon 3 for DMD (ok,ok,ok).

EM is tough...I guess I might get some flack saying I prefer late 70s Williams EMs over Gottlieb....does that count?

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from mgpasman:

For me it's Dr Dude. And I also like Baywatch

Whoa. Dr. Dude is fantastic! No guilt there!

Chris

#36 3 years ago

Xenon

oooh ahhh oooh oooh ahhh

#37 3 years ago

Mine is Rocky and Bullwinkle. I never played the game until I got one on the cheap. Now I play that one the most out of my collection. I have also been enjoying Gottlieb's Monte Carlo. not a fast game but is challenging to get a decent score on it.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

.I guess I might get some flack saying I prefer late 70s Williams EMs over Gottlieb....does that count?

Counts in my books. If its got chimes, theyd better be Gottlieb
    Bally/Williams EMs dont have chimes, they have thunks lol.
    Still fun games but those sounds kill me.

#39 3 years ago

Tough one . It would be between The Getaway and Dr. Who

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Tough one . It would be between The Getaway and Dr. Who

Ok, I personally dont like The Getaway but it's hardly considered bad. It's a favorite amongst many people I know and it always sells immediately when one pops up for sale around here. No shame there

#41 3 years ago

Rollergames!

#42 3 years ago

I like Raven. Definitely not a great art package but I like it anyway. Spinning the helicopter blades and hitting the pop-up sniper targets is fun.

#43 3 years ago

Gold Wings and it’s wacky layout.

#44 3 years ago

Cheesy games I like: Baywatch, Rollergames, WWE LE.

#45 3 years ago

WWE and Party Animal here.

#46 3 years ago

Bugs Bunny and Popeye I thought were fun games and have owned Popeye for a short time.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Gold Wings and it’s wacky layout

good call there. oh and spyhunter too, weirdness!

#48 3 years ago

Cleopatra. The first pin I "cleaned up" and got working. The chimes just feel calming.

#49 3 years ago

Fish Tales

#50 3 years ago

Junkyard

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-your-guilty-pleasure-game?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.