(Topic ID: 268409)

What's your guilty pleasure game?

By KnockerPTSD

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    Machine (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200513-050458_Google (resized).jpg
    Thunderbirds (resized).png
    20200413_172220 (resized).jpg
    raven-pinball_6923 (resized).jpg
    DSCF0074 (resized).JPG
    phoenix (resized).jpg
    unnamed (resized).jpg
    86E836A6-D6DB-4E63-A146-3D53A80F6205 (resized).jpeg
    s-l400 (1) (resized).jpg
    20200511_144758 (resized).jpg
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

Hollywood Heat. Somebody always brings it to SFGE, and I play the daylights out of it.

#52 3 years ago

Hardbody is really good too.

#53 3 years ago

The Rolling Stones! Love the theme, fun fast gameplay and with browser & lighting upgrades it's a keeper for me. And Mick on a Stick is better integrated into gameplay than the Penguin Crane in BM '66. There.. I said it!! *Ducks*

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

Anyone who doesn't like playing Orbitor 1 or Robocop is a jerk

There was an Orbiter 1 for sale at Pinfest 2 or 3 years ago. I hemmed and hawed, and then decided I should buy it... and by the time I did it was already sold. I regret not getting it. My collection is big enough that it could have just been a fun diversion. Regrets... I've had a few.

#55 3 years ago

Oh, add Pool Sharks to my list as well.

#56 3 years ago
    raven-pinball_6923 (resized).jpgraven-pinball_6923 (resized).jpg
    #57 3 years ago

I owned a Junkyard. Loved the theme and the numerous references to other games but omg I couldnt get rid of it fast enough once I actually had it in my house.

#58 3 years ago

Flintstones!

#59 3 years ago

Lots of great calls here, I enjoy all the games people have mentioned. And if you have a beautiful example of a “bad” game, you should enjoy it without any guilt at all!

#60 3 years ago

Maverick is pretty ugly and slow but I always seem to have fun playing it. Monopoly also gets a TON of hate, it's so cheaply made and the rules are so screwy but I still put a ton of quarters in when it was on location nearby.

#61 3 years ago

Anything DE or Sega.

#62 3 years ago
    #63 3 years ago

Fireball Classic. They said;
    It doesn't have Zipper Flippers
    The Art is a pale comparison to the Original.
    It is not a Real Fireball.
    The first Fireball was my first experience with a pinball machine. Played it for days.
    When the Classic showed up in 1983 at a local Biker Bar me and Harry risked our life to play it everyday.
    Slowly the sounds and the countdown bonus replaced the memories of the EM and became THE sounds of Fireball.
    I didn't know Bally was suffering during this period.They made cheap cabinets from MSD, the sides were covered with
    decal graphics that faded fast. So did the back glass.
    The Pop Bumpers fly to pieces, at least the top parts do. Easy to replace, to make better.
    With only 2000-plus made and many destroyed for their boards not a lot out there.
    A lot of Folks ooh and ahh over the original EM Fireballs.
    Fireball Classic is my guilty pleasure, as far as I'm considered it is Fireball, period.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Fireball Classic. They said;
    It doesn't have Zipper Flippers
    The Art is a pale comparison to the Original.
    It is not a Real Fireball..

I LOVE Fireball II. I played it at Texas and vowed that if one ever came up locally, I’d jump on it.

#65 3 years ago

Barb Wire. I like the main rule where the arrow shots are worth the value on the center triangle, and the right ramp that can be hit from both the left and side flippers is really cool. One of the better 90s Gottlieb layouts overall, actually.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I LOVE Fireball II. I played it at Texas and vowed that if one ever came up locally, I’d jump on it.

Fireball 2 is a great game. Unlike the EM or Classic, "2" embraces devil influences. with demons everywhere and a non-necessary lucifer peering out from a corner of the back glass.
    Odin and Wotan were inspired from Germanic Traditions of Imps, not devils, hurling grief upon humanity.
    The red guy is not a devil, like Gorgar
    Fireball 2 is still affordable and a great player.

#67 3 years ago

I guess I have a thing for Gottlieb System 80b games. My favorites are Victory and Gold Wings. I liked Victory for the numbered shots that you have to finish to complete the race. That game came soooo close to be great, if only they had found a way to incorporate multi-ball into it. Gold wings is also a wacky layout, and once you figure out how to drive up the scoring multiplier, it becomes really fun. I only had Gold Wings for a month or so while I shopped it out for a friend of mine, but man I played the snot out of it.

#68 3 years ago

IJ4.
    It was my first NIB and I had no idea what I was doing when I got it. Talk about chopping wood. But for some reason I loved that game.

Eventually sold it but it lasted a good 10 years in my collection.

Plus non pinheads loved opening that ark!

#69 3 years ago

As much as I like late model EM’s, I love playing my older Bally Bally Odds & Evens and original Fireball. The Odds & Evens can just be so difficult at times, and then there’s the joy of hitting the captive ball on Fireball and releasing the fire gods for multiball! Just a great game with all that action, while it last anyway.

#70 3 years ago

Dolly Parton, I feel obligated to belt out "Working 9 to 5" before every game.

20200413_172220 (resized).jpg20200413_172220 (resized).jpg
    #71 3 years ago

SO MUCH FUN! Can't stop playing it!

Thunderbirds (resized).pngThunderbirds (resized).png

Oops ... wrong pic. DOH!

#72 3 years ago

Central Park, Octoberfest which seems not to get the respect it deserves. who the hell cares about the theme when in the end gameplay is all that matters

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

SO MUCH FUN! Can't stop playing it!
    [quoted image]
    Oops ... wrong pic. DOH!

Thought you owned stock in homepin for a minute lol.

#74 3 years ago

Mr. and Ms. Pac-man. Defiantly has the worlds hardest skill shot.

#75 3 years ago

All nude Monopoly, the board game that is and what makes feel guilty is that I play it alone.
    I lied
    I'm not entirely nude, I do wear a headband and wrist watch.

#76 3 years ago

Barb Wire

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

All nude Monopoly, the board game that is and what makes feel guilty is that I play it alone.
    I lied
    I'm not entirely nude, I do wear a headband and wrist watch.

No top hat?

Screenshot_20200513-050458_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200513-050458_Google (resized).jpg
    #78 3 years ago

I actually enjoy stern's WWE

#79 3 years ago

Police force... that center ramp feels so good...

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jkaping:

Police force... that center ramp feels so good...

I would love to have a nice Police Force machine.

Chris

#81 3 years ago

Torpedo Alley! An ok game with super cheesey theme. I can be brain dead/fried and play this, it's fun and immersive. Shots aren't bad, either.

....and my 9-year-old girly girl daughter's favorite machine to play!

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Oh, add Pool Sharks to my list as well.

+1 for Pool Sharks. Love that game

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

Torpedo Alley! An ok game with super cheesey theme. I can be brain dead/fried and play this, it's fun and immersive. Shots aren't bad, either.
    ....and my 9-year-old girly girl daughter's favorite machine to play!

Never played one, but I've always wondered how easy it is to get into since the layout is very difficult to read. It's like no other playfield on earth.

#84 3 years ago

Stern Playboy has been mentioned on this list. Whenever that game belts out its parpy high score rendition of Stars And Stripes Forever, I'm compelled to sing along: "Be kind to your sound engineer, he's stuck with BSMT 2000".

And now I've said it, that's NEVER LEAVING YOUR HEAD.

#85 3 years ago

Roller Disco. Just love the art on it. But it has to be a quality machine. Some I've played have been a lot of fun. Some have been miserable.

Machine (resized).jpgMachine (resized).jpg
    #86 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

+1 for Pool Sharks. Love that game

Pool Sharks is fun as hell.

#87 3 years ago

Getting to play a pinball is a treat. I've never found one i don't like playing...of course...I like some more than others.

If you like ones that others don't, you will save a LOT of money. Kudos.

I suppose Genesis would be my "guilty pleasure" pin.

#88 3 years ago

Vacation America!

KIDDING!

Actually, I understand most people are driven to distraction by the cackling laugh on TFTC, but for me it just makes me grin maniacally. Hope I find one someday.

#89 3 years ago

WrestleMania , it gets played the most out of any of the games I have at the moment.

#90 3 years ago

How about another pool theme that is incredibly addictive yet nobody ever talks about it. Rack Em Up!! This game is the definition of that “one more game” thing. Everyone sleeps on this pin but it really is a blast to play.

2 weeks later
    #91 3 years ago

Jive Time. I like the randomness of the back cabinet spinner, and the corners are brutal. Also, to try and light the pop bumpers for more points, requires lots of shots to the top of the playfield to activate them.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-your-guilty-pleasure-game/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.