(Topic ID: 220211)

What's your great pinball idea?

By WeLoveScott

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

01B05413-5EF3-4B9B-B930-9B60B5231671 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

So you don't work for Stern and never will, but you've got something in your head that would be amazing in a pinball machine!
    What is it? I've been wanting to ask this for a long time and searched the forum and couldn't find this topic.

Doesn't matter if it could actually be built, but something close to actual would be most fun.

For me, I've always thought it'd be cool if a machine had some rule set that let you "buy" another pinball with a certain amount of points.
    Say, you could spend 1,000,000 points and another ball would be launched into the playfield. Capitalist multiball!

What's your best innovation? And don't say legs.

#2 5 years ago

Like I’m gonna tell you my million dollar secret?

#3 5 years ago

A tiny scale Roomba for the playfield cleansing.
    It would have its own "lock" in each game.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Like I’m gonna tell you my million dollar secret?

Ha! Let me know when your pinball company is taking preorders!

#5 5 years ago

Variable pitch playfield that changes during different game modes.

#6 5 years ago

The next one I write in my notebook...

And a roomba knockoff

#7 5 years ago

Simple.
    Wifi w/app + Peephole cameras installed in the backbox looking at the playfield/player, and one in the apron so u can see the play-field and the lcd/dmd.
    Heres the idea... hope your listening pinball manufacturers!

On the lcd/dmd the player goes through a list of other users around the world with their same model game. In that group you request to play a game. The cpu in the game sends a message to the other player/players via the app, with a notification on their cellphone to accept a match.
    Once the other players accept on the app and hit start on their machine, they are linked, and begin to play.
    All players scores are displayed on the lcd/dmd as if they were standing next to you in real time battling it out. Each player takes their turn shooting, and while the others wait, they can either view the opponent on their app, or on the newer lcd’s in the backbox using the aformentioned pre-installed cameras.

You could also host tournaments with this software/hardware and take a rake on states that allow gambling.

Minds blown!

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from mswhat:

Variable pitch playfield that changes during different game modes.

I'm actually implementing this on my home brew now. 2" actuators for the top corners. Will adjust flipper strength as well.

Thought about both axises but you then need a new way to mount the playfield to the lockdown bar and it gets much more complicated. Would be cool to have a self leveling playfield.

#9 5 years ago

Another thought...
    how bout a way to restart a game w/o turning off the game?
    Maybe you have a terrible 1st ball and decide you want to start anew... just hold down the start button for 5 seconds or hit it it 3 times in a row and bingo!!!... new game started!

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Another thought...
    how bout a way to restart a game w/o turning off the game?
    Maybe you have a terrible 1st ball and decide you want to start anew... just hold down the start button for 5 seconds or hit it it 3 times in a row and bingo!!!... new game started!

Already works on most games. It's a option in settings. (Quick restart) On player 1 ball 2 you can hit start, and it starts a new game. Works on my breakshot, funhouse and MMr.

#11 5 years ago

A dual playfield that turns or rotates when accomplishing some specific task.
    With a deep cabinet it could be done.
    Imagine.

#12 5 years ago

I had some playfield design ideas that I thought would be cool for some themes I like. One is led Zeppelin shoot a stair that has a magnet then it will raise to the next stair once it's on that stair It will roll into a hole to lock a ball. My other ideas was for a Judas priest pinball shoot a ball into each hole of a handcuff to lock balls which will start breaking the law multiball.

#13 5 years ago

How about a cameras on the pf or even a ball with a tiny gyroscopic camera in it that gives you an instant replay when you have a good ball!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

A dual playfield that turns or rotates when accomplishing some specific task.
    With a deep cabinet it could be done.
    Imagine.

Hey I've had that same exact idea for years. Dang it, I knew I should have patent it. LOL...

John

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cappi:

Thought about both axises but you then need a new way to mount the playfield to the lockdown bar and it gets much more complicated. Would be cool to have a self leveling playfield.

You don't need to attach it to the lockdown bar at all - just have the playfield attached at four corners.

#16 5 years ago

1980's prices

#17 5 years ago

...or even 90's pricing! lol

#18 5 years ago

A mini playfield down in the cabinet that you can't see .When you activate the mode that allows you to use it it is played on the lcd screen in the backbox . Real flippers, slings ,pops , ect . and a camera that allows you to see it when in use .

#19 5 years ago

I agree that most innovation going forward will come from technology and what can be accomplished wirelessly. I like to think there are still some spectacular magnet tricks to be tried.

#20 5 years ago

A playfield made out of pudding, with shortbread ramps and nilla wafer drop targets, and a chocolate ball, and...

01B05413-5EF3-4B9B-B930-9B60B5231671 (resized).jpeg01B05413-5EF3-4B9B-B930-9B60B5231671 (resized).jpeg
    #21 5 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

A playfield made out of pudding, with shortbread ramps and nilla wafer drop targets, and a chocolate ball, and...

Only one problem:
    Single use only.

#22 5 years ago

Automatic code updates. This should have happened already.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-your-great-pinball-idea- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.