• DIY approach (please explain in a post) 3 votes
    17%
  • Other kit not listed here 1 vote
    6%
  • Nothing - I don't think WOZ needs a GI mod 5 votes
    28%

(18 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6CAE93A0-48A3-4294-B960-760D9BFB4A93 (resized).jpeg
C5381E76-8C3A-4BEA-BA10-F3E6F0D8B736 (resized).png

#1 56 days ago

I'm wanting to improve the GI for my WOZ. I've looked at pinstadium and the pinballbulbs kit. The pinstadium looks promising but I'm concerned it might be overpowering for WOZ, plus I'm having a hard time swallowing that price tag.

The pinballbulbs kit looks like an okay solution which gets overall positive though somewhat mixed reviews. Looking at the pinballbulbs kit I can't help but think that it wouldn't be that though to build from scratch, but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't feel like the game needs a ton more light (not every game needs to be super bright) but the stock setup could be improved.

What's your favorite approach?

#2 56 days ago

I added starpost and starpost LEDs to both sling post. It is subtle and cheap AF.

Pulled power from piggybacking off the coin door harness. Can post pics if you want.

#3 56 days ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I added starpost and starpost LEDs to both sling post. It is subtle and cheap AF.
Pulled power from piggybacking off the coin door harness. Can post pics if you want.

Pics please!

#4 56 days ago

The Pin Stadiums are expensive but they are the only solution that is so easy to customize and adjust to your preferences. Plus they can be removed and moved to a different machine if you sell WOZ. Premium priced games deserve premium lighting. It wouldn't be a huge loss not to have the UV Glow flasher on this game but I do recommend the invisishields add-on.

#5 56 days ago

Pinstadium lights make this game shine. You can see everything. All the art and shots. I really don't like them and find them very inconvenient when having to work on the game, but for this machine I feel the benefit definitely outweighs the frustration.

#6 55 days ago

I put pinstadiums in mine and couldn't be happier. It takes the game to a whole new level and is 100% customizable with color, brightness, and the UV flasher hooked to the witch is amazing!

#7 55 days ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Please do!

#8 55 days ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

I put pinstadiums in mine and couldn't be happier. It takes the game to a whole new level and is 100% customizable with color, brightness, and the UV flasher hooked to the witch is amazing!

Cant wait! Just ordered a set for my woz. Stoked!

#9 55 days ago
C5381E76-8C3A-4BEA-BA10-F3E6F0D8B736 (resized).png
#10 55 days ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

[quoted image]

That looks pretty good, especially considering the price. Not the total illumination of stadium lighting but better than stock. Did you take that picture in a dark room or was there some ambient light?

#11 55 days ago

We have some nice and relatively inexpensive lighting mods for woz. Trough and backboard lights make a nice difference without being overpowering and changing the character of the game.

https://lermods.com/t/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods

6CAE93A0-48A3-4294-B960-760D9BFB4A93 (resized).jpeg
#12 55 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We have some nice and relatively inexpensive lighting mods for woz. Trough and backboard lights make a nice difference without being overpowering and changing the character of the game.
https://lermods.com/t/wizard-of-oz-pinball-mods
[quoted image]

If I want the RGB back board with trough kit and the haunted forest kit, how do all of them connect? Do I need to get TWO of the splitters to tap into the topper line if I have a topper?

#13 55 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If I want the RGB back board with trough kit and the haunted forest kit, how do all of them connect? Do I need to get TWO of the splitters to tap into the topper line if I have a topper?

We use the topper plug. If I see an order come through for multiple mods and people ordered multiple splitters, we refund what they don't need. If you ordered multiple mods, i would wire them up so you just need one splitter, which is just $6.99. we don't charge people for what they don't need.

#14 54 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

That looks pretty good, especially considering the price. Not the total illumination of stadium lighting but better than stock. Did you take that picture in a dark room or was there some ambient light?

Some ambient light.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bensenville, IL
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside