Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ErnieBoL
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Was it just one guy at Williams enamored by this dance? It shows up in Junk Yard and Scared Stiff I think, maybe others?

Part of pinball lore now I suppose...

#2 5 years ago

HEY

#3 5 years ago

Addams Family

#4 5 years ago

It’s not in SS, it was in the Addams family movie, and the pin, and it’s in Junk Yard because Pat Lawlor likes to do those references to his other games in the new ones

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

and it’s in Junk Yard because Pat Lawlor likes to do those references to his other games in the new ones

Exactly. Now explain what Lawlor has to do with Junkyard

#6 5 years ago

its in junkyard because it has a time machine, you win a multiball mode from a game from what ever year the time machine lands on.
i dont think lawlor had anything to do with it

#7 5 years ago

Just references back to addams

#8 5 years ago

Programmers having fun. Same thing applies to Midnite Madnees.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

oh damn! I was thinking of Road Show LOL

#10 5 years ago

I think the way Junkyard reuses modes/features from other games is pretty neat. It has the Mamushka, the video mode from AFM, move your car from CFTBL, the proto rom has a mode from T2, and I think there is another.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

its in junkyard because it has a time machine, you win a multiball mode from a game from what ever year the time machine lands on.
i dont think lawlor had anything to do with it

Lawlor is well know for dropping all kinds of sound bites of previous games in new games. TZ has reference to every single game he'd made up to that point. In fact the Quick multiball is an ode to his past games altogether. Even his new game dialed in has a Whirlwind mode. But Barry Oursler designed Junkyard.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think the way Junkyard reuses modes/features from other games is pretty neat. It has the Mamushka, the video mode from AFM, move your car from CFTBL, the proto rom has a mode from T2, and I think there is another.

Any more info on the T2 mode? Never heard of this before.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think the way Junkyard reuses modes/features from other games is pretty neat

I love playing Junk Yard, I wish the end of ball awarding could be skipped somehow. Really slows the game down.

Well then October fest better have the Mamushka too then rosh ( - :

Sorry about messing up the list of machines that have it.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah JY is a Barry Oursler box. CONSPIRACY THEORY! ( - :

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I love playing Junk Yard, I wish the end of ball awarding could be skipped somehow. Really slows the game down.

Actually, I find that bonus sequence to be a ton of fun, especially when you have a lot built up. Holding both flipper buttons makes it go faster, and that’s the pace I like - a lot of bonus, Fast!

I am from California, but I rather enjoy how JY Recycles features from other games.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Any more info on the T2 mode? Never heard of this before.

It's on the 0.3 ROM. Williams removed it because the scoring was too unbalanced.

https://web.archive.org/web/19970620020656/http://www.pinball.wms.com:80/tech/roms/junkyard.html

Hit the major shots with a large bonus for making all of them. It's weird that they took it out instead of lowering the points rewarded. Maybe they were worried about likeness issues. The voices for Mamushka are imitations and not the original sounds because the license had expired. Or they were rushing it out and didn't care. Williams was laying some people off at the time, including Oursler himself, so maybe it was easier to cut it then fix it. The scoring on the toast video mode is also unbalanced, but they didn't care to fix that either.

3 years later
#17 2 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Well then October fest better have the Mamushka too then rosh ( - :
Sorry about messing up the list of machines that have it.

If you hold both flippers at the same time it speeds through it. Doesn't skip it entirely, but it helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-the-mamushka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.