(Topic ID: 233519)

What's with all these B List pins selling for A List prices lately?

By IdahoRealtor

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by drsfmd
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1797 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 5.32.56 PM (resized).png
    norcal collection (resized).JPG
    norcal BSD (resized).JPG
    BSD wants (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I feel extra bad for any new blood of average means entering the hobby today. With the B List now out of reach their choices are very limited. Want ads for Waterworld, Shaq Attack, and Raven are not far off.

As a young, new collector,
    (early 20’s) I enjoy some of the seemly despised themes. I’d love Shaq Attaq and I’ve always got an eye out for Space Jam. For me, I don’t mind buying and owning something to mock and laugh about. Those titles are hilarious and gameplay really isn’t that bad imo. Tbh I think most Segas/Capcoms play pretty well.

I’ve also found I’m way more attracted to games based on oddity of them. Even if it plays like garbage, I really enjoy rare and unusual novelty games. That adds to the allure of them to me. I’ve still found really great deals on almost every game I own. You just have to try harder, hit the pavement more often, and really expand your reach. When you cast a wide net you’re bound to catch something.

People new in the hobby now seem to be afraid of working on their pins, or at least shy away from it. Unless it’s adding blinding LEDs and tacky figures, they don’t wanna do it. Now we have an economy that’s all but forgotten the recession and they feel more than comfortable throwing down big bills to get what they want.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The funny thing is pretty much the entirety of the Sega/DE output was laughed at for years.
    Then people started getting desperate as everything got pricey and suddenly a Last Action Hero is worth 2500 bucks.
    I've always thought there's no way in hell we'd see a similar thing happen to the Gottliebs - some of the worst games ever made. And I still don't think we'll be seeing Mario Andrettis going for $2500.
    If we do, god help us all.

I haven’t played a lot of late Gottliebs but I don’t hate them either. I really haven’t understood the hate. Their premier games were solid, they just constantly experimented. The main thing I noticed was that Gottlieb started having flow problems. The games got clunky. They are really fun, but comparatively, they play slow and it’s stop-and-go at times. That seems to be why they are so hated. Also that long period of System 80s that had grounding problems forever

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-these-b-list-pins-selling-for-a-list-prices-lately?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.