(Topic ID: 233519)

What's with all these B List pins selling for A List prices lately?

By IdahoRealtor

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by drsfmd
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1797 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 5.32.56 PM (resized).png
    norcal collection (resized).JPG
    norcal BSD (resized).JPG
    BSD wants (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luzur.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 5 years ago

If you think things is getting bad over at yer place, imagine how it is over here, where prices are doubling compared tot he US market, even on EM's (although i think woodrails are still regarded as junk...with a big, unsure "i think" though). Pins around here have been kinda high priced since the start of the "resurrection" of the hobby around 2003, due to smaller market, unforgiving gambling laws (that killed arcades around 1995 and thus a majority of the people forgot about pinballs) and less games to go around, but now only in the last year or so atleast an extra 150 USD have been added to every pricetag.

For example: since last month there have been a nice condition Centaur that went for 4500 USD, or a Gorgar (with startup error and in "used condition") for 1200 USD, Dolly Parton with dead powerboard and cracked backglass for 1100 USD, and other crazy stuff.

I have already heard alot of fellow collectors here talking about "holding on to the pins i have until the prices go down again, if i sell now i will not be able to afford a new game".

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonebone:

As a prospective new guy looking for his first pin, theme is more important to me than game quality. So I don't mind looking at 90s themes I'd like, stuff like DE Simpsons, Ninja Turtles, Mario Gottlieb, Space Jam, 90s movies, etc. Sure, I know the post 2000 and more modern stuff is light years ahead in terms of technology and fun... but that's for dedicated and experienced players. I see a 90s machine as a good entry level one that will be fine for some nostalgia and a pinball novice. Then down the road I can worry about upgrading to a game with more features if it's getting played enough.
    Also, from the money side, you may have crossover collectors. I've been collecting console video games for a decade and got into arcades about a year ago. $2k-$2.5k isn't too bad, nice arcades get into that range and you can sell other collectibles to fund that fairly easily. But in the $4k-$5k range you're out of impulse spending and you really assess if you need / want it. At least that's my line of thinking anyway.

Personally, i think 80's machines (or even 70's machines) are better entry level machines, with those people wont get spoiled with ramps, toys and tunnels and stuff right away + they are (usually) cheaper then 90's machines and therefore mor accessible for unsure newbies.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luzur.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-these-b-list-pins-selling-for-a-list-prices-lately?tu=Luzur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.