Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 647 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are so many podcasts pulling the plug?”

• Oversaturation in the pinball podcasting market/ burnout. 204 votes
      66%
    • Something special coming up...stay tuned. 83 votes
      27%
    • Fishing for TWIPY votes. 20 votes
      7%

(307 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160px-Cat_and_lion_in_mirror_illustration.svg (resized).png
    F4C66878-EC17-49BF-9CA7-896C0D49A57D (resized).jpeg
    3BC6163E-19AB-4777-A1BC-E5A69AF813CE (resized).jpeg
    6F0418D1-FD14-4727-A167-7DCA0AF4B25F (resized).jpeg
    0B129A03-C0EB-4146-BFC9-64667D904F71 (resized).jpeg
    3BA02CA9-47FE-4E08-AD68-CF0EC882C693 (resized).jpeg
    98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    EA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    zero.point.zero.gif
    crash-and-burn1.gif
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 4 years ago

What a fucked up day , listened to head to head they quit , listened to twip they quit , listened to Kaneda he said special when lit quit . Now I'm going to have to find something else to fill in 5 hours a week and I'm going to have to get my news and information from the poor man's pinball podcast ... well at least I learnt something about the poison King .

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Honest opinion?
    Didnt Jersey Jack give Caneda an early preview of Wonka and he claimed to be impressed with how innovative and amazing it was?
    It seemed more of a ... I better kiss Jacks ass so that I might get a chance for another early preview of a future game.

That just goes to show you it was his honest opinion , if he was really trying to get another preview he wouldn't have bagged it . Once it was aparent there was only a certain amount of clips from the movie with no voices from the actors and the modes sucked he changed his mind .

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

It’s just too big of coincidence to not have something bigger going on behind the scenes

It does seem really suss . Zac will be back he's too invested and I think he enjoys his media roll . But I don't think H2H and SWL would want to abandon their brands after they spent so much time building them up . Just the feeling I get . Time will tell .

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Especially Special When Lit, Ken and Bill are relatively new to the media scene and have really made a big impact in a short period of time. They really seemed to be enjoying that role and the podcast is a big part of it. It just doesn’t add up to walk away so abruptly. I know they have jobs and families and maybe life got in the way, but it just seems so odd to me especially with everything else going on.

It wouldn't surprise me if you're right , I'm just going to take it for what it is until we hear otherwise .

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

https://fbwat.ch/1NPh4VMoVms3DnEA
    The Pinball Network is officially announced

So Zac wants to be the Rupert Murdoch of Pinball media .

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from C_Presley:Kaneda is super salty

He'll be fine . He is better off to just sticking to what he does anyway .

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I dunno about them all being together under one umbrella. As much as I hoped and believed SDTM wouldn't change, it totally did. I really have no desire to listen to a bunch of cheerleaders that just tow the company line. Guess we will have to see how this goes.

That's my gut feeling too . I like the thought of them when they were independent , now they are all going to be under the flip n out umbrella , it might make you question their motives when they say certain things . And you know we're gonna have to listen through all those ads .

#151 4 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

So a bunch of dorky pinball drama

Kaneda is going to have a field day with all of this . I can just hear him now " the Network won't tell you this but I'll tell you how it really is , this machine is....... "
    So grab your popcorn sit back and enjoy the drama .

IMG_20200123_200801 (resized).jpgIMG_20200123_200801 (resized).jpg
    #154 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How many Asian, East European, South American, Radical Middle Eastern, West African or Alaskan Inuit hosts are signed up? You shouldn’t be faulted for excluding non-existent hosts.
    Their open mic approach is commendable. This sounds primarily like a network or broadcast channel. Hoping the hosts have creative control on their segments.

It would have looked worse if they had signed up person of ethnic background , colour or gender just for the sake of diversity . That doesn't help anyone . If someone has the talent , charisma and the confidence , whatever their heritage or gender is , I'm sure they would sign them up in a heartbeat , no matter who they were . I like Jack danger but it's a low blow to imply there was an agenda going on .

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

I think it was just a poor launch.

I agree . I've loved all of Zack's work , and have been watching STDM from the first episode . I even liked pinball cribs but I didn't get it was a play on a show that we don't get over here . Zack and Dennis K are very smart people , I'm surprised they didn't see that some blowback would come their way because of the way it ended . If they had just said we moving on , to start our own thing I think it would have gone down a lot better . I wish them all the best .

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

This Week in Pinball is not involved with The Pinball Network in any way. I found out the details of it yesterday just like everyone else.

That's really shity . I can't believe you were treated that way . You deserve so much better . I for one really appreciate all the hard work and effort you put in to give to this community . I'm sure you can find replacements for twip podcast . Best of luck with everything .

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Zach thought he left breadcrumbs around that he was getting ready for something new. As Jeff noted above, TWIP is separate from TPN and the last podcast episode was edited to ensure there was no impression that it was with TWIP.
    My involvement was a bit more complicated. I was approached after the TPN idea was going to happen (I wasn't in the initial planning), so while I knew Zach would be departing TWIP Podcast in early 2020 it was later that I was asked to keep co-hosting with him. There was a planned launch and a desire to keep involvement secret beforehand so I attempted to respect that.
    My thanks to everyone for their feedback. It's good to know what resonates and what falls flat.

Dennis , I believe your a stand up guy and will always conduct yourself with integrity . Even though I strongly disagree with you about the Hobbit . Just the more that comes out leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I'm not pointing the finger at you .

#365 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

I need more positivity in my day. I'm headed back to the Stern Stranger Things topic.

Best post on this thread .

#366 4 years ago

This sums up where this thread has gotten to for me .

#374 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

That song is now stuck in my head. Thanks a lot lol

Catchy isn't it , and it can be used for so many occasions .
    I heard it listening to The Poor Man's Pinball Podcast . If you want to listen to a couple of people just talking shit and having a lot of fun , I can't recommend it highly enough . But be warned they are a couple of white guys , they might not be diverse enough for some people .

#394 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Known fact. Squirrels are self loathing.

Come on man lay off the squirrels , or at least until they start the squirrel network and don't include Chipmunks , rabbits and all the other fuzzy cute creatures

IMG_20200125_183657 (resized).jpgIMG_20200125_183657 (resized).jpg
    #404 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Perhaps the "major female podcasters" are not offended by the modified Richard Scarry kids book cover.

Not that it matters , but it's the Berenstain Bears not Richard scarry .
    What website was it on .

#411 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:I was just excited, and surprised, to see all the people they got together for TPN. It was only after it was pointed out to me, that I realized the group wasn't as diverse as would be ideal.

You say you were excited to see the lineup but then when it's pointed out to you you thought it wasn't as diverse as ideal . I didn't blink once when I saw the line up and I still wouldn't have blinked if Steve Bowen , Loren Grey or Jeffree Star were included in the lineup . I'm not saying you're racist or sexist obviously you're not but have we really got to the point where a group of people can't get together and if they don't have certain minorities in their group they're labelled as sexist or racist but I suppose we have .

#413 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captain-Flint:

No... We are from Milwaukee Wisconsin. And what we do, I am sure the Mormons would not approve.

Ha Ha , I'm sure the Mormons would love Fuck it Friday .

#432 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hmm, let me formulate a response on this one...in my opinion, the reason the initial lack of female representation was an issue was because it wasn't just a new Pinball podcast that was being formed, but a whole Pinball Network. A new venture designed to grow and enhance the pinball hobby. And getting more women and minorities involved in the hobby is a great way to do that. Given my background, I don't often think about gender or race or inclusion, because I'm usually well represented in whatever topic or group I'm looking at. In fact, I very often get annoyed when every piece of entertainment media has to be judged and picked apart for its representation. So I don't now, nor have I ever, considered anyone in the Pinball Network to be racist or sexist at all. These are some of my favorite people in all of pinball for goodness sake!
    But I can at least recognize that purposefully including more women and people of color is a very good thing. Its not something that needs to be a loud or heated issue, but it is worth thinking about at least a little bit. So I'm on TPN's side, but I can at least understand what the other side is on about.

At the end of the day all I'm trying to say is be respectful of everyone and try to be nice to everyone . It's almost 5 a.m. and I'm going to bed . Happy Australia Day Everybody

IMG_20200126_045451 (resized).jpgIMG_20200126_045451 (resized).jpg
    #478 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Thanks for the clarification. It's been about twenty years since I was reading them with my kids.
    Now my son reads slot machine PAR Sheets and configuration files.....
    Time flies.

I used to love Richard scarry books and lowly worm , I just thought they didn't need to be dragged into this mess .

#479 4 years ago

I had totally forgotten about that thread .
    I like to look at the up and down votes to see what people are thinking . The funny thing is , I saw more than a few people that down voted Kaneda in that thread now up vote him in his defence . Either time heals all wounds or people just forget . He has publicly apologized and to me he sounded sincere . But I wasn't there , and I don't know his previous history on pinside so from the outside looking in I can fully understand why some people don't want to give him another chance .

#549 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Keep it...dump it....I really don't care.

If you hadn't have started it I would have , so it would be here regardless . I've been enjoying it . This is the Jerry Springer of threads , you never know what's going to happen next .

IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #647 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Cary Hardy was a good choice!

I like Carry Hardy , not familiar with Emoto . First people to come to mind , for me would be Christopher Franchi and Ben Heck , I think they would tear it up .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-the-podcasts-ending?tu=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.