Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 647 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are so many podcasts pulling the plug?”

• Oversaturation in the pinball podcasting market/ burnout. 204 votes
      66%
    • Something special coming up...stay tuned. 83 votes
      27%
    • Fishing for TWIPY votes. 20 votes
      7%

(307 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160px-Cat_and_lion_in_mirror_illustration.svg (resized).png
    F4C66878-EC17-49BF-9CA7-896C0D49A57D (resized).jpeg
    3BC6163E-19AB-4777-A1BC-E5A69AF813CE (resized).jpeg
    6F0418D1-FD14-4727-A167-7DCA0AF4B25F (resized).jpeg
    0B129A03-C0EB-4146-BFC9-64667D904F71 (resized).jpeg
    3BA02CA9-47FE-4E08-AD68-CF0EC882C693 (resized).jpeg
    98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    EA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    zero.point.zero.gif
    crash-and-burn1.gif
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#315 4 years ago

I can't wait for more podcasts with John Osborne talking about the little old lady that made lunch for all of the salaried Gottlieb employees.

#358 4 years ago

For what it's worth, I have no idea what a "Fan Layout" is. Nor do I care to know.

#400 4 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Not many people who reacted that day found it funny and since we now know there is a woman joining the network who had already been invited to join the network prior to the announcement video it isn’t even true.
    If Mr Danger had taken the time to contact the major female podcasters in the hobby before posting on his Facebook page he might have known that. Given that the woman who is joining is apparently a friend of his by his own statement on that Facebook thread it’s really pretty sad that he chose to try and publicly smear a group of people who have done a lot of good things in this hobby rather than call one of his “buds” and ask her position. I suspect she would have told him she was already joining the network.

Perhaps the "major female podcasters" are not offended by the modified Richard Scarry kids book cover.

Added over 4 years ago:

Correction as pointed out later, this is a Berenstain Bears book.

#476 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Not that it matters , but it's the Berenstain Bears not Richard scarry .
    What website was it on .

Thanks for the clarification. It's been about twenty years since I was reading them with my kids.

Now my son reads slot machine PAR Sheets and configuration files.....
    Time flies.

#477 4 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I don’t think you understand my point. To me, before you post something like that you really should make some attempt to get the facts of the situation. It doesn’t sound like Mr Danger made an attempt to contact any of the people involved in the network to see if they had contacted women to join nor did he contact Krystle Gemnich who in fact already was planning to join.

Correct. I don't understand your point. No worries for either of us.

2 weeks later
    #603 4 years ago
    Quoted from Globalcop:

Steve Dahl and Howard Stern showed that just talking plainly is the way to win listeners. Morning Zoo jock types are just cringe-inducing.

+1 for Steve & Garry. I sure miss the show. Saw them when they were doing the three city deal (Chicago, Detroit and Milwaukee) in '81 at the Americana Theater in Southfield as well as a few concerts in Chicago and Joilet in the mid- late '80's.

#608 4 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

R.I.P. all pinball podcasts. Everything about pinball has been said. Great job everyone!

I knew it was over when the "two shills with Jack" podcast was made.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-the-podcasts-ending?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.