Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 647 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are so many podcasts pulling the plug?”

• Oversaturation in the pinball podcasting market/ burnout. 204 votes
      66%
    • Something special coming up...stay tuned. 83 votes
      27%
    • Fishing for TWIPY votes. 20 votes
      7%

(307 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160px-Cat_and_lion_in_mirror_illustration.svg (resized).png
    F4C66878-EC17-49BF-9CA7-896C0D49A57D (resized).jpeg
    3BC6163E-19AB-4777-A1BC-E5A69AF813CE (resized).jpeg
    6F0418D1-FD14-4727-A167-7DCA0AF4B25F (resized).jpeg
    0B129A03-C0EB-4146-BFC9-64667D904F71 (resized).jpeg
    3BA02CA9-47FE-4E08-AD68-CF0EC882C693 (resized).jpeg
    98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    EA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    zero.point.zero.gif
    crash-and-burn1.gif
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#509 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Oh, it was quite the thing or so I hear. There's a closed thread about it somewhere here on Pinside. I wasn't there, so I'm not sure exactly what happened. He was spectating the championships, and then some stuff went down, and things got physical and I guess at one point he threw a drink in someone's face. Eventually, Crazylevi and security had to drag him out to the elevator and out of the venue.
    And this was after he had supposedly turned over a new leaf in the hobby. I personally think the incident was a big factor in why K-man's ban wasn't lifted by Robin. But again, I wasn't actually there, so others could probably provide a more precise rundown. Crazy stuff!

Man... it’s so much deeper than that. Its amazing how many people have no clue to the kind of crap that guy did and how he wore it as some badge of honor. Maybe you all should petition dear leader to repost he podcasts where he actually read his emails he sent to robin and staff... and laughed about it. He crossed lines no one ever should. But in his world... if you just say your sorry, you are free and clear. No conscious... just do anything because you can always just make excuses or delete it later.

#514 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Either let him defend himself in the forum, or ban malicious, salacious or blatant shit talk of the guy. Civility isn't asking for much, is it? If you think him the devil, don't act worse than the devil.

You act like he was some victim... thrown out midtsream and unable to defend himself. That is not the case at all. He had the platform and opportunity but instead used it a weapon. He often was the aggressor and instigator. He trolled... he went after people... he crossed lines that never should be crossed. He went from an attention whore to nasty, antagonist cancer. Don’t forget his woes started before pinside... he had been ran out of every online community he was a part of. The reason he was shown the door was not because of differences of opinion, nor censorship, but because the guy literally could not conduct himself in a civil adult manner.

Your comments come across as naive of what really went down. This is what he nurtures with his selective history telling and whitewashing of his own content.

#517 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:Let's get back to an important topic: I need one to many cohosts for my new podcast called ""The 40-something white man who is moderately well off but not rich and enjoys playing pinball but not as much as drinking while playing pinball while talking shit about the banality and stupidity of pinball and Pinside fiesta of friendship 26 minute extravaganza."

This is what you seek... pints and pinball... recently back from hiatus... and maybe right on time?

For your consideration... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pints-and-pinball-podcast-homebrew-pinball-arcade-stuff#post-5423381

#539 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I definitely wasn't around back then, and am not aware of the full brunt of how he acted. A year or so ago I read about the event incident, and tried to read through posts he started, to try and get a feel for what his presence was like, and what that entailed.

Understand... the incident at the NYC tournament was just one thing that happened YEARS after he was banned from pinside. Thats not even the tip of the iceberg ... that was just like chapter 15 of a long dead case. Robin has already made his peace with chris.. but he’s not inviting him back. You cant even go back and read most of the stuff in question because it was deleted, fake accounts purged, and so on.

There is nothing to retort. The guy just can’t move on because as much as he likes to hate on this community- he still uses it. He could just take the info and move on... but that wouldn’t feed the drama engine.. so here we are.

#540 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Holy smokes man. What happened to your friend's Lebowski..... Glad you guys got it back together, and the episode had a nice flow and rapport to it!
    Is your one friend the brewer? Link to the brewery?

Shipping damage... to the level I’ve never seen before... unless you count the smashed corpse games that were from the original run of games. Those look like a pile of broken sticks. This one we think got dropped by a fork lift or dropped off a dock.

Maverick is the homebrew master... we just leech of his fine work . But the panel does operate games at different local breweries in the area too. Location pinball is surging around here due to efforts of friends and peers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-the-podcasts-ending?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.