Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 647 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are so many podcasts pulling the plug?”

• Oversaturation in the pinball podcasting market/ burnout. 204 votes
      66%
    • Something special coming up...stay tuned. 83 votes
      27%
    • Fishing for TWIPY votes. 20 votes
      7%

(307 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160px-Cat_and_lion_in_mirror_illustration.svg (resized).png
    F4C66878-EC17-49BF-9CA7-896C0D49A57D (resized).jpeg
    3BC6163E-19AB-4777-A1BC-E5A69AF813CE (resized).jpeg
    6F0418D1-FD14-4727-A167-7DCA0AF4B25F (resized).jpeg
    0B129A03-C0EB-4146-BFC9-64667D904F71 (resized).jpeg
    3BA02CA9-47FE-4E08-AD68-CF0EC882C693 (resized).jpeg
    98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    EA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    zero.point.zero.gif
    crash-and-burn1.gif
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

LOL, this is one of the strangest pinside threads I have ever read. I get that there must be drama here somewhere by all the reactions but for the life of me I can figure out what it is.
    This site has an amazing amount of drama kings for being composed mostly of old people.

It's pretty much all coming from people that have the need to align themselves with a "side" in life, rather than deal with the complex vagarities of having to think for themselves all the time, or try to understand that very few things in life are "all good" or "all bad".

They are frightened that if this new Pinball Network were to take off, it might win a stupid TWIPY at some point, and then the one-they-seek-approval-from might lose, and as they all know without the constant ego-stroking reinforcement that the TWIPYs provide his whole purpose for podcasting might just go *poof*, and they'd have to find someone else's d*ck to suck.

So, yeah, it comes from "insecurity", same thing most internet trolling and bulling comes from.

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

Okay, that's kind of ironic considering Krystle is a good friend of Jack's. I'm sure Jack will apologize though, right??? (I'll still love Deadflip regardless)
    Anyway, that's great news as Krystle is super awesome.

Jack was threatened by the new entrant. It’s like everyone else joined a club and didn’t invite you/him.

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Catchy isn't it , and it can be used for so many occasions .
    I heard it listening to The Poor Man's Pinball Podcast . If you want to listen to a couple of people just talking shit and having a lot of fun , I can't recommend it highly enough . But be warned they are a couple of white guys , they might not be diverse enough for some people .

Aren't they Mormons from Utah too? There is no "whiter" than that!

#561 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I wont support people with beliefs like that (and other beliefs that i don't agree with) and thats why i am pulling my Twitch subscription. Sometimes you are better off keeping your beliefs to yourself, especially when you are a small time entertainer and every dollar matters. Not trying to start sh*t, just sayin.

...over and over and over again. Take your twitch $ and buy yourself a coke. We get it.

1 week later
    #597 4 years ago

Streams smeems, when are the podcasts going to start?

#615 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Sorry fellas, was just posting the first episode of each new podcast, so people can follow. Felt this thread was appropriate for the rollout this week. Noted and I’ll stick to my own thread.

Cue the "...whatever happened to the TPN podcasts?" posts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-the-podcasts-ending?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.