Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 647 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are so many podcasts pulling the plug?”

• Oversaturation in the pinball podcasting market/ burnout. 204 votes
      66%
    • Something special coming up...stay tuned. 83 votes
      27%
    • Fishing for TWIPY votes. 20 votes
      7%

(307 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160px-Cat_and_lion_in_mirror_illustration.svg (resized).png
    F4C66878-EC17-49BF-9CA7-896C0D49A57D (resized).jpeg
    3BC6163E-19AB-4777-A1BC-E5A69AF813CE (resized).jpeg
    6F0418D1-FD14-4727-A167-7DCA0AF4B25F (resized).jpeg
    0B129A03-C0EB-4146-BFC9-64667D904F71 (resized).jpeg
    3BA02CA9-47FE-4E08-AD68-CF0EC882C693 (resized).jpeg
    98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    EA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    zero.point.zero.gif
    crash-and-burn1.gif
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beechwood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I read his blog post. Sure sounded like he burned out.
    A shame. And an unfortunate reality of the pinball world.
    Over my last 24 years of the on line pinball experience. I've seen many people come and go. Too often they start with such fervor and excitement that they go from playing pinball. To owning pinball machines. To starting websites, blogs, forums, mods, becoming dealers or distributors, operators, attending shows, displaying at shows, etc. etc. And too often it becomes an uncontrollable master demanding more and more time from what is really important.
    And many times their efforts don't attract the attention or the glory they hoped for. And we will never know why. Pinball Country started a couple times, very similar to Pinside. Yet died a slow death while Pinside took off. Why ?
    If you are going to do something. Keep it paced with your enjoyment. Keep it paced with your expectations. Enjoy the doing.
    And don't cry over spilled milk. Just because what you do, doesn't attract the accolades of the masses. doesn't mean you failed. You did it to try and make pinball a little bit better. And that's a good thing.
    LTG : )

Lloyd,

As a new pinball enthusiast (online) over 10 years ago on RGP, I was the same way. The passion and emotion in this hobby was lofted high. But you were always baseline. You were the sanity and logic that chimed in so many times while everyone else went bat sh*t crazy.

I learned quickly to appreciate your responses and your opinion. As I sit here tonight, reading your wisdom, I know I was right.

You are a good man and many of us appreciate you for rising above the chatter and chaos.

Thank you for staying in this crazy hobby when so many come and go. Pinside needs you like a boat needs an anchor.

Joel

H.I.O.P.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beechwood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-the-podcasts-ending?tu=Beechwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.