Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 647 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are so many podcasts pulling the plug?”

• Oversaturation in the pinball podcasting market/ burnout. 204 votes
      66%
    • Something special coming up...stay tuned. 83 votes
      27%
    • Fishing for TWIPY votes. 20 votes
      7%

(307 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160px-Cat_and_lion_in_mirror_illustration.svg (resized).png
    F4C66878-EC17-49BF-9CA7-896C0D49A57D (resized).jpeg
    3BC6163E-19AB-4777-A1BC-E5A69AF813CE (resized).jpeg
    6F0418D1-FD14-4727-A167-7DCA0AF4B25F (resized).jpeg
    0B129A03-C0EB-4146-BFC9-64667D904F71 (resized).jpeg
    3BA02CA9-47FE-4E08-AD68-CF0EC882C693 (resized).jpeg
    98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    EA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    zero.point.zero.gif
    crash-and-burn1.gif
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg

There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
    #401 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Perhaps the "major female podcasters" are not offended by the modified Richard Scarry kids book cover.

I don’t think you understand my point. To me, before you post something like that you really should make some attempt to get the facts of the situation. It doesn’t sound like Mr Danger made an attempt to contact any of the people involved in the network to see if they had contacted women to join nor did he contact Krystle Gemnich who in fact already was planning to join.

#402 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Perhaps the "major female podcasters" are not offended by the modified Richard Scarry kids book cover.

We did not create the book cover either.

#403 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Yeah, if the reaction from the pinball network guys wouldn't have been immediate vitriol, the whole thing would be a non issue.

"No need for concern Jack; as the video says, more to come - we're still finalizing arrangements" or something, rather than straight rage out of the gate.

#404 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Not that it matters , but it's the Berenstain Bears not Richard scarry .
    What website was it on .

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, if the reaction from the pinball network guys wouldn't have been immediate vitriol, the whole thing would be a non issue.
    "No need for concern Jack; as the video says, more to come - we're still finalizing arrangements" or something, rather than straight rage out of the gate.

Eric, there’s a lot more behind the scenes that no one knows about that is very sad, but to avoid starting any more drama I won’t go into it. But believe me, being slandered as a sexist publicly would upset many people, especially when we are trying to create content from many different providers to celebrate pinball. The disheartening behavior will come out one day, but we are moving forward and excited about what’s to come in pinball for 2020.

#406 4 years ago

#407 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

We did not create the book cover either.

Quoted from ZMeny:

Eric, there’s a lot more behind the scenes that no one knows about that is very sad, but to avoid starting any more drama I won’t go into it. But believe me, being slandered as a sexist publicly would upset many people, especially when we are trying to create content from many different providers to celebrate pinball. The disheartening behavior will come out one day, but we are moving forward and excited about what’s to come in pinball for 2020.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Well, I wouldn't agree that all of their reactions were vitriol; but I would agree that emotions from everyone (including those on the other side of the argument) were high that day. I think people have had a chance to calm down now, and hopefully everyone can learn a few things and move on. Clearly Zach and the rest of the crew were very excited about this new venture, and they couldn't wait to release more information. If they had waited a week, or even a few days, then they could have avoided a whole lot of mess. Since everyone joining the network were friends, and well-known members of the pinball community, it probably didn't even cross their minds that there were any issues with the optics. When I first watched the announcement video, I was just excited, and surprised, to see all the people they got together for TPN. It was only after it was pointed out to me, that I realized the group wasn't as diverse as would be ideal.

I mean everyone was overly worked-up the day of the announcement. While it would have been nice for JD to talk to people first, the point of his post was that from the OUTSIDE it looked like a boys-only club. And that was apparently the reaction of a lot of women in the hobby too. If you listen to Lauren Gray's Backbox reaction episode, she talks about how much the TPN announcement video hurt and upset her, and how it brought up a lot of emotions for her. Which clearly was not TPN's intent at all. (Lauren's reaction episode is actually not a big rant, and she expresses that she knows the TPN guys are good people, and doesn't hold anything against them) The guys at TPN clearly didn't realize their video would trigger any bad feelings or cause upset.

In the end, it is what it is. As long as everyone can learn a little from this, and then move forward in a positive and thoughtful direction, then things will be fine. Because a lot of elements of the discussion actually are worth having. Looking forward to what comes out of TPN, and I hope they don't let all this stuff slow them down or dampen their spirits. Good luck guys, I'm rooting for you!

(PS. Don't forget to checkout Mystery Pinball Theater 3000 on youtube or twitch. He's streams a lot of pinball, has a good personality, and he's a person of color. So he'd be a win-win-win (said in a buy-buy-buy tone of voice) for the network.)

#408 4 years ago

Need...... more..... Ron and Bruce!

#409 4 years ago

I'm sorry, i just truly don't get it. My first reaction to the video teaser was pure excitement as well. Not once did I see or feel any hate or discrimination about it, just a bunch of enthusiasts excited to share.
    What I did find disturbing and negative was Jack Danger's comments and Lauren Gray's podcast. That, to me was were the negativity started. I have never listened to a TWIP podcast and had it make me feel negative, where as the first back box podcast, made me feel that way. The way Lauren Gray discussing it, makes me feel like if I want to go out and play pinball or do anything pinball related I need to ensure I have a perfect percentage of minorities and sexes or I am doing something wrong. And Jack Danger to me just comes across as scared that he is gonna have stronger competition so he tried to put a negative spin on it. those were my initial thoughts of the whole situation, right or not.

I am into pinball because it makes me feel good, and is an escape from the everyday. COME ON PEOPLE ITS FRICKEN PINBALL

#410 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Aren't they Mormons from Utah too? There is no "whiter" than that!

No... We are from Milwaukee Wisconsin. And what we do, I am sure the Mormons would not approve.

#411 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:I was just excited, and surprised, to see all the people they got together for TPN. It was only after it was pointed out to me, that I realized the group wasn't as diverse as would be ideal.

You say you were excited to see the lineup but then when it's pointed out to you you thought it wasn't as diverse as ideal . I didn't blink once when I saw the line up and I still wouldn't have blinked if Steve Bowen , Loren Grey or Jeffree Star were included in the lineup . I'm not saying you're racist or sexist obviously you're not but have we really got to the point where a group of people can't get together and if they don't have certain minorities in their group they're labelled as sexist or racist but I suppose we have .

#412 4 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

I'm sorry, i just truly don't get it. My first reaction to the video teaser was pure excitement as well. Not once did I see or feel any hate or discrimination about it, just a bunch of enthusiasts excited to share.
    What I did find disturbing and negative was Jack Danger's comments and Lauren Gray's podcast. That, to me was were the negativity started. I have never listened to a TWIP podcast and had it make me feel negative, where as the first back box podcast, made me feel that way. The way Lauren Gray discussing it, makes me feel like if I want to go out and play pinball or do anything pinball related I need to ensure I have a perfect percentage of minorities and sexes or I am doing something wrong. And Jack Danger to me just comes across as scared that he is gonna have stronger competition so he tried to put a negative spin on it. those were my initial thoughts of the whole situation, right or not.
    I am into pinball because it makes me feel good, and is an escape from the everyday. COME ON PEOPLE ITS FRICKEN PINBALL

Wow. No disrespect or anything, but I'm truly amazed that was your reading of her podcast episode. Did you listen to the whole thing? Because she starts out a little heated (and TBH, a little overly dramatic) but by the end I think she has some good things to say. I mean at no point does she say that she wants a diversity quota or anything like that. I was ready to be annoyed at her reaction, but honestly it was more insightful than I thought it would be. Oh well, its interesting how two people can listen to the same thing and have entirely different reactions and takeaways.

I do agree with you that it is just Pinball at the end of the day, and its supposed to be fun. Still, for some people Pinball is a passion, a career, and a huge part of their self-identity. So its understandable that they could get worked up over it!

#413 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captain-Flint:

No... We are from Milwaukee Wisconsin. And what we do, I am sure the Mormons would not approve.

Ha Ha , I'm sure the Mormons would love Fuck it Friday .

#414 4 years ago

Is it true she doesn’t allow men on her podcast??

#415 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

TONS of work, but yet the donkey wins the 1 recognition award each year because he is a controversial dbag.
    Zero actual pinball knowledge, history, tech advice, or anything of real value, but the Jerry Springer show wins...
    I can imagine it is easy to get burnt out on such passion projects and only normal to question why invest so much time and energy with no praise from the community.

One could argue that if you were doing it to make ad revenue, or because you felt a need to be socially adored at all times, you were doing it for the wrong f'ing reasons in the first place. If you lost your passion for it...that's on you, not on other people. If you decided other things are more important...then great, go do them, but don't expect the community at large to come crying and throwing themselves at you. That entire post by the Pinball Supernova guy just sounded *whiny*. And my wife read it before I did, and had that opinion before I said anything, and she's basically an outside impartial observer. She doesn't listen to any of the pinball podcasts, and very very rarely will read my posts on Pinside. The guy seemed to read like he was entitled to sponsors and the adoration of the masses...and that's just BS.

If Kaneda is winning TWIPY awards, or other awards...it's because you people keep voting for him, or you're saying that votes in these things are rigged. Which is it? And I say 'you people'...because I frankly don't give a damn about the TWIPYs or other things like that. I don't vote in them, and the only podcast I regularly listen to anyways is Poor Man's, precisely BECAUSE it's a train wreck, and BECAUSE it's not super serious and generally stays out of the drama.

#416 4 years ago

“......COME ON PEOPLE ITS FRICKEN PINBALL”

Welcome to planet, elfucko! It’s all about the social injustices issues and gaslighting.

This fragmentary jeremiad onslaughts will never dissolve. Millennials or Gen Z are faced with the same drivel, X or the Boomers experienced for decades. Millie G Zee, does not have the impression that anything has commutated enough and therefore has to identify these dilemmas to the previous generation as their chagrin.

Don’t anguish over this. The Alpha and those that arrive afterwards, will be shitting the equivalent blame ignorance conspiracies onto them. The Rotavator lives on!

#417 4 years ago

Thanks, just learned a new word... that rarely ever happens. I actually had to look that up to see if it was real. Though, I've got to say, your entire post sounds like over-complicated gibberish designed to throw around big fancy words in the hopes of confusing someone. Could've been said much clearer to people that aren't Jepoardy contestants or English majors without all the frills and ribbons.

#418 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Thanks, just learned a new word... that rarely ever happens. I actually had to look that up to see if it was real. Though, I've got to say, your entire post sounds like over-complicated gibberish designed to throw around big fancy words in the hopes of confusing someone. Could've been said much clearer to people that aren't Jepoardy contestants or English majors without all the frills and ribbons.

lol... i thought he was just texting on his phone with big thumbs. I understood none of it... lol

#419 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Golly geee! Yer korrect Fracz!

#420 4 years ago

Listened to Lauren Gray's podcast. To me it sounds like she has a very personal agenda to promote diversity in pinball, and that is great. More people in pinball the better. Her reaction to TPN's announcement was also very personal, viewed through her own experiences and perceptions. Not sure how much of that should be put on TPN's shoulders. Not that Lauren did, she was pretty clear about not blaming anyone, but then all the "rescuing" had to start.

It's too bad all of this had to be blown so far out of proportion due to virtue signalling and white knighting by all the "woke' people on the internet. A lot of good people taking a lot of shit, but that is the way of the world these days.

#421 4 years ago

lol... i thought he was just texting on his phone with big thumbs. I understood none of it... lol

Don’t.

#422 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Is it true she doesn’t allow men on her podcast??

I dont think that she isn't 'allowing' them on, but she is just trying to put light on all the great females in the hobby, and is using her podcast to do that. I would expect she will run out of women to interview eventually and will have no choice but to interview males as well. I have heard her on other podcasts and quite enjoyed her interactions, the hosts, just because of that it did make me subscribe to her podcast. But I was sucked into the drama that unfolded and listened to her last podcast first and got a little turned off. I will wait for the smoke to clear and give it another chance for sure.

#423 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

...If you listen to Lauren Gray's Backbox reaction episode, she talks about how much the TPN announcement video hurt and upset her, and how it brought up a lot of emotions for her. Which clearly was not TPN's intent at all. ...The guys at TPN clearly didn't realize their video would trigger any bad feelings or cause upset.
    In the end, it is what it is. As long as everyone can learn a little from this, and then move forward in a positive and thoughtful direction, then things will be fine. Because a lot of elements of the discussion actually are worth having. Looking forward to what comes out of TPN, and I hope they don't let all this stuff slow them down or dampen their spirits

I also hope everyone can move forward, etc... Until when though? Until the next time Lauren, or someone else like her gets "triggered" by something that, as you say, wasn't even intended to harm?

As long as people are deliberately looking for reasons to be offended, finding other people's constructive efforts as micro-aggressions that trigger them, this will keep happening.

We're stuck now with a generation trained to live this way. Just ignore them.

They've created an identity minefield. The good thing is the mines are harmless. They only have power if you indulge them.

#424 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

You say you were excited to see the lineup but then when it's pointed out to you you thought it wasn't as diverse as ideal . I didn't blink once when I saw the line up and I still wouldn't have blinked if Steve Bowen , Loren Grey or Jeffree Star were included in the lineup . I'm not saying you're racist or sexist obviously you're not but have we really got to the point where a group of people can't get together and if they don't have certain minorities in their group they're labelled as sexist or racist but I suppose we have .

Hmm, let me formulate a response on this one...in my opinion, the reason the initial lack of female representation was an issue was because it wasn't just a new Pinball podcast that was being formed, but a whole Pinball Network. A new venture designed to grow and enhance the pinball hobby. And getting more women and minorities involved in the hobby is a great way to do that. Given my background, I don't often think about gender or race or inclusion, because I'm usually well represented in whatever topic or group I'm looking at. In fact, I very often get annoyed when every piece of entertainment media has to be judged and picked apart for its representation. So I don't now, nor have I ever, considered anyone in the Pinball Network to be racist or sexist at all. These are some of my favorite people in all of pinball for goodness sake!

But I can at least recognize that purposefully including more women and people of color is a very good thing. Its not something that needs to be a loud or heated issue, but it is worth thinking about at least a little bit. So I'm on TPN's side, but I can at least understand what the other side is on about.

#425 4 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Listened to Lauren Gray's podcast. To me it sounds like she has a very personal agenda to promote diversity in pinball, and that is great. More people in pinball the better. Her reaction to TPN's announcement was also very personal, viewed through her own experiences and perceptions. Not sure how much of that should be put on TPN's shoulders. Not that Lauren did, she was pretty clear about not blaming anyone, but then all the "rescuing" had to start.
    It's too bad all of this had to be blown so far out of proportion due to virtue signalling and white knighting by all the "woke' people on the internet. A lot of good people taking a lot of shit, but that is the way of the world these days.

yes, well said.

#426 4 years ago

I don’t understand most of what’s happening in this thread.

I’m at Taco Bell.

53010820-AB40-4E28-B75B-3BB30A9293CB (resized).jpeg53010820-AB40-4E28-B75B-3BB30A9293CB (resized).jpeg
    #427 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’m at Taco Bell.[quoted image]

Mmm, yummy! Loves me some Doritos Locos Supreme personally.

#428 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Mmm, yummy! Loves me some Doritos Locos Supreme personally.

Me too! Just ate a nacho one. Was so sad when they stopped making Cool Ranch and Fiery.

#429 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

That website was a particular persons attempt at amusement and shame. And was created for that purpose. The site is not moderated nor was it created by any of us.

http://thepinballnetwork.com/

I assumed you owned the domain, thank you for letting me know you do not.

#430 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

]

Well that sucks, I was gonna ask you to explain it to me.

#431 4 years ago
    Quoted from Globalcop:

I also hope everyone can move forward, etc... Until when though? Until the next time Lauren, or someone else like her gets "triggered" by something that, as you say, wasn't even intended to harm?

I mean having empathy for other people is a good thing. You don't have to kowtow to every person who gets offended or has an agenda, but you can at least listen to them when what they're saying has some actual value. In this case, there was genuine opportunity for improvement in the way the launch and announcement of TPN was handled. Personally, I think the announcement was rushed, and I'm still mildly annoyed about all the podcasts shutting down right before TPN was announced, and about how orchestrated and misleading everything felt. But I'm not annoyed enough not to be excited about TPN, and Dennis has assured me that a lot this wasn't as planned out as it looks. So yeah, I'm looking forward to what TPN has to offer. And I'm looking forward to all this drama getting left behind.

#432 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hmm, let me formulate a response on this one...in my opinion, the reason the initial lack of female representation was an issue was because it wasn't just a new Pinball podcast that was being formed, but a whole Pinball Network. A new venture designed to grow and enhance the pinball hobby. And getting more women and minorities involved in the hobby is a great way to do that. Given my background, I don't often think about gender or race or inclusion, because I'm usually well represented in whatever topic or group I'm looking at. In fact, I very often get annoyed when every piece of entertainment media has to be judged and picked apart for its representation. So I don't now, nor have I ever, considered anyone in the Pinball Network to be racist or sexist at all. These are some of my favorite people in all of pinball for goodness sake!
    But I can at least recognize that purposefully including more women and people of color is a very good thing. Its not something that needs to be a loud or heated issue, but it is worth thinking about at least a little bit. So I'm on TPN's side, but I can at least understand what the other side is on about.

At the end of the day all I'm trying to say is be respectful of everyone and try to be nice to everyone . It's almost 5 a.m. and I'm going to bed . Happy Australia Day Everybody

IMG_20200126_045451 (resized).jpgIMG_20200126_045451 (resized).jpg
    #433 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

have we really got to the point where a group of people can't get together and if they don't have certain minorities in their group they're labelled as sexist or racist but I suppose we have .

Unfortunately yes we have. Its a stupid stupid STUPID f*cking world that we live in!

#434 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The only thing coming in 2020 is Coronavirus and despair.

#435 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

If Kaneda is winning TWIPY awards, or other awards...it's because you people keep voting for him,

I voted for him and if he’s NOT winning then its definitely rigged because he has the best pinball podcast by a country f*cking mile. Remember you’re not voting on person of the year award you’re voting on best pinball podcast.

#436 4 years ago

Who’s real outraged, faked outraged, and thinks this whole this is beyond stupid? Hard to keep track anymore.

#437 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Zach its your pinball show so choose anyone you damn well please! I wont be offended if you hire all women podcasters, all black podcasters, all gay podcasters, all angry old white man podcasters, or even all green podcasters. Pick anybody you want and it is either going to succeed or fail. It would be stupid to fail just because you picked a diverse lineup rather than a all star lineup of who you considered to be the best people. Hire who you want and tell the whiners to F*ck off!

#438 4 years ago

I’m for real fake outraged!!! How dare you, my good sir!

#439 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Who’s real outraged, faked outraged, and thinks this whole this is beyond stupid? Hard to keep track anymore.

The outrage is real trust me. This is the sad and stupid world that we live in now. Its hard to believe that its real but its real as a MF believe me.

#440 4 years ago

Nothing ruins internet drama and outrage more than people that believe it’s actually real. It’s like how wrestling is good fun until you meet that person that thinks it’s real. Then you just slowly back away and it makes your skin crawl.

#441 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Drama on a message board? Deja vu?

#442 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’m at Taco Bell.

Your next stop...the bathroom.

#443 4 years ago

Eeek. Maybe we need to somewhat lower the value of this platform. Podcasts are often just opinion based, people blathering (kinda like here and now with all of us writing in this thread) and that's about it.

Less media. Less focus on ego and everyone feeling they need a soapbox and platform. And more play, more excitement and enthusiasm with one another, versus vitriol tossed at one another.

I'm all for National Mute/Shove Your Opinions UP Your Ass Day, frankly.

Man, now I wish I had some Taco Bell, AND a beer!!

#444 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Man, now I wish I had some Taco Bell, AND a beer!!

What a deadly combination!

#445 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Hope you've got plenty of co-branded after-Taco Bell party favors...

Taco_Bell_TP (resized).jpgTaco_Bell_TP (resized).jpg
    #446 4 years ago

Yow.

I just listened to her episode from the other day. Had never heard her name, podcast, etc prior. After listening, I still have no reason to know her name, podcast, etc. (And she certainly doesn't need to know or value mine...and I give no shits either way, past this post.)

I feel we live in this bizarro world presently, where everyone expects, demands to be liked, appreciated, included, valued, heard, represented, etc. For me (past a basic extension of value and care we all should allow one another cordially) that mindset represents the ultimate vision of entitlement.

I don't care. Don't need to care. As much as you, they, whomever doesn't need to care about me.

We are not deserved anything. And that entire rant of hers felt like an attitude where something was deserved, and it wasn't given, and an issue seemingly exists exists because it wasn't given. This is a fundamental flaw in daily life. If YOU want to like me, or hate me, or most likely feel indifference, who gives a shit? I try to never ask for anything from anyone, as in the world we truly exist in, you need to earn, survive, and try to thrive on your own. Friends and family can be wonderful gifts, curses, or absent. But the world I live in, versus the fantasy world she and many, seem to live in, are vastly different. You aren't owed anything, and no one needs to care. You receive things via work, and if people appreciate you that's a plus.

Also, for a culture born on valuing the individual, wow do we ever thrive in the desire to place ourselves and others, into fragmented clubs. Who cares what gender, race, age, etc someone is? If a person bonds first and foremost via such "defining traits" then to me, that feels entirely bigoted and narrow minded. We should look at another and ideally embrace differences, rather than look solely for similarities to bond from.

Speaking of differences, I remember wayback when, seeing this wacky Who-Dey guy on here. Going on about Munsters, jumping all over the place in many threads, having a peculiar, to me, mascot avatar, and I just scratched my head. A year or so later, I consider him a pretty genuine friend in my weekly life, despite those differences. And even despite the fact that he loves the Bengals!!! That dude is entirely different from me, and I'm happy about it, not put off at all.

#447 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I voted for him and if he’s NOT winning then its definitely rigged because he has the best pinball podcast by a country f*cking mile. Remember you’re not voting on person of the year award you’re voting on best pinball podcast.

Clearly there's plenty who seem to agree with you. I haven't listened to it, nor do I plan to, or pay any attention to this TPN thing either. Also don't vote for these things for TWIPYS, because I'm not qualified. But I bet there are plenty who do that only listen to one or the other, so I'm sure it's a totally fair contest of what the actual best is, measured by valid, reliable criteria that anyone can strive for, right?

The fact is, there's very little REAL news in pinball, unless you're into tournament results? A game is announced, people bitch and drool for a week, and it's a dead topic. And that's it, really. In the grand scheme of things, since all the TBL/Skit-B/Heighway/JPOP stuff died down....there's no actual pinball news except 3-4 times a year. And it seems to me like that's where these guys are struggling, as everyone has to cover the same crap with different words, and there's very little actual new material being added by anyone. There's only so many mods to review, games to announce, events to talk about.... pinball is still a tiny market, overall, and until that changes...there's just not room for like TWENTY PODCASTS about all this niche BS that people only care about for a week.

#448 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Yow.
    I just listened to her episode from the other day. Had never heard her name, podcast, etc prior. After listening, I still have no reason to know her name, podcast, etc. (And she certainly doesn't need to know or value mine...and I give no shits either way, past this post.)
    I feel we live in this bizarro world presently, where everyone expects, demands to be liked, appreciated, included, valued, heard, represented, etc. For me (past a basic extension of value and care we all should allow one another cordially) that mindset represents the ultimate vision of entitlement.
    I don't care. Don't need to care. As much as you, they, whomever doesn't need to care about me.
    We are not deserved anything. And that entire rant of hers felt like an attitude where something was deserved, and it wasn't given, and an issue seemingly exists exists because it wasn't given. This is a fundamental flaw in daily life. If YOU want to like me, or hate me, or most likely feel indifference, who gives a shit? I try to never ask for anything from anyone, as in the world we truly exist in, you need to earn, survive, and try to thrive on your own. Friends and family can be wonderful gifts, curses, or absent. But the world I live in, versus the fantasy world she and many, seem to live in, are vastly different. You aren't owed anything, and no one needs to care. You receive things via work, and if people appreciate you that's a plus.
    Also, for a culture born on valuing the individual, wow do we ever thrive in the desire to place ourselves and others, into fragmented clubs. Who cares what gender, race, age, etc someone is? If a person bonds first and foremost via such "defining traits" then to me, that feels entirely bigoted and narrow minded. We should look at another and ideally embrace differences, rather than look solely for similarities to bond from.
    Speaking of differences, I remember wayback when, seeing this wacky Who-Dey guy on here. Going on about Munsters, jumping all over the place in many threads, having a peculiar, to me, mascot avatar, and I just scratched my head. A year or so later, I consider him a pretty genuine friend in my weekly life, despite those differences. And even despite the fact that he loves the Bengals!!! That dude is entirely different from me, and I'm happy about it, not put off at all.

Where’s the link? I gotta hear this SHIT!

#449 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where’s the link? I gotta hear this SHIT!

https://backboxpinballpodcast.fireside.fm/30

I don't have an issue with her, (and I will definitely give a listen to a different episodes of her podcast to give it a chance) but like I said, never heard of her prior to today. But I definitely can say I don't care about her feeling excluded. She seems to be a member of far more clubs, have far more support, spouses, far more DM's asking about her feelings, and the adoration of Jack Danger. These are all things I don't have, and I'm not wetting a diaper, stomping my feet on the ground, and using the excuse of personal exclusion, intimating gender discrimination or any other babble because I'm not being adorned with praise.

More than this, believe in Groucho's wisdom. "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." Whether he said that or not, being a part of something, and being accepted solely for specific traits, conditions, and qualities, and not for your viability as an individual....is asinine.

Side note. More Groucho.

And I'll tell ya, if you don't like Groucho, you're automatically kicked outta my No Club...Club. So hit the bricks, and go kick rocks already!!!

#450 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

https://backboxpinballpodcast.fireside.fm/30
    I don't have an issue with her, (and I will definitely give a listen to a different episodes of her podcast to give it a chance) but like I said, never heard of her prior to today. But I definitely can say I don't care about her feeling excluded. She seems to be a member of far more clubs, have far more support, spouses, far more DM's asking about her feelings, and the adoration of Jack Danger. These are all things I don't have, and I'm not wetting a diaper, stomping my feet on the ground, and using the excuse of personal exclusion, intimating gender discrimination or any other babble because I'm not being adorned with praise.
    More than this, believe in Groucho's wisdom. "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." Whether he said that or not, being a part of something, and being accepted solely for specific traits, conditions, and qualities, and not for your viability as an individual....is asinine.
    Side note. More Groucho.

And I'll tell ya, if you don't like Groucho, you're automatically kicked outta my No Club...Club. So hit the bricks, and go kick rocks already!!!

Well I'm going to be nice and not say how I really feel after listening to that BS but I will just say this. I will not listen to her and I will not support the pinball network either if this is the kind of crap that they believe in and support. That is the most unbelievable bullshit that I've ever heard in my life.

I dont need any of that crap in my pinball podcasts. Way too much drama for me. I'm done, I'm not even going to say no more.

There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-the-podcasts-ending/page/9?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.