Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 647 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are so many podcasts pulling the plug?”

• Oversaturation in the pinball podcasting market/ burnout. 204 votes
      66%
    • Something special coming up...stay tuned. 83 votes
      27%
    • Fishing for TWIPY votes. 20 votes
      7%

(307 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160px-Cat_and_lion_in_mirror_illustration.svg (resized).png
    F4C66878-EC17-49BF-9CA7-896C0D49A57D (resized).jpeg
    3BC6163E-19AB-4777-A1BC-E5A69AF813CE (resized).jpeg
    6F0418D1-FD14-4727-A167-7DCA0AF4B25F (resized).jpeg
    0B129A03-C0EB-4146-BFC9-64667D904F71 (resized).jpeg
    3BA02CA9-47FE-4E08-AD68-CF0EC882C693 (resized).jpeg
    98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    EA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    zero.point.zero.gif
    crash-and-burn1.gif
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg

There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.
    #251 4 years ago
    3n04nx (resized).jpg3n04nx (resized).jpg
    #252 4 years ago

Pinball network on facebook?

Another waste of time website I don't subscribe to.

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Is this in the positive or negative column?

Well done Sir, well done!

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

here you go - the pinball network

I wouldn't even sign up for facebook to find that once hot girl I went to high school with, let alone for that.

Well, on the bright side, it will no longer be wasting front page space on pinside.

#256 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I wouldn't even sign up for facebook to find that once hot girl I went to high school with, let alone for that.
    Well, on the bright side, it's will no longer be wasting front page space on pinside.

Same here, facebook sucks.

#257 4 years ago

Truth is these podcasts and facebook seem like a marriage made in heaven.

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Truth is these podcasts and facebook seem like a marriage made in heaven.

yep

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Jack danger already pointed out how it’s a white boy party and presents absolutely no diversity or inclusion whatsoever.

Where did he mention that? Just curious because I didn't see it on his facebook page. Did he coomment on Zach's announcement? I lost a lot of respect for him if true. Does he consider him self diverse because he streams with Jeffree Star?

#260 4 years ago

If anything it might help get more women into pinball.

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Where did he mention that? Just curious because I didn't see it on his facebook page. Did he coomment on Zach's announcement? I lost a lot of respect for him if true. Does he consider him self diverse because he streams with Jeffree Star?

This post and now today a link to a very well written commentary by Jessica Kent

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #262 4 years ago

I like Jack but that's just stupid. He should keep that shit to himself or he may lose some supporters as well, like myself.

#263 4 years ago

Pinball politics are so vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow!
    Hell hath no fury like a pinball podcast listener scorned!
    I'm glad that some of you are making a stand. About what I'm not quite sure but I admire the passion.

LOL, this is one of the strangest pinside threads I have ever read. I get that there must be drama here somewhere by all the reactions but for the life of me I can figure out what it is.

This site has an amazing amount of drama kings for being composed mostly of old people.

#265 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

This post and now today a link to a very well written commentary by Jessica Kent[quoted image]

296 posts last night ? LOL! It was at like 60 something today. That’s a lot of deleted posts.

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

LOL, this is one of the strangest pinside threads I have ever read. I get that there must be drama here somewhere by all the reactions but for the life of me I can figure out what it is.
    This site has an amazing amount of drama kings for being composed mostly of old people.

It's pretty much all coming from people that have the need to align themselves with a "side" in life, rather than deal with the complex vagarities of having to think for themselves all the time, or try to understand that very few things in life are "all good" or "all bad".

They are frightened that if this new Pinball Network were to take off, it might win a stupid TWIPY at some point, and then the one-they-seek-approval-from might lose, and as they all know without the constant ego-stroking reinforcement that the TWIPYs provide his whole purpose for podcasting might just go *poof*, and they'd have to find someone else's d*ck to suck.

So, yeah, it comes from "insecurity", same thing most internet trolling and bulling comes from.

#267 4 years ago

Man I'm as liberal (left for you Americans) as the come and this thread is bananas. I can't tell what is sarcasm, what is humor, are people actually offended or is this all just drama. People are taking this way to seriously, diversity in a pinball podcast, this shit can't be real.

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Man I'm as liberal as the come and this thread is bananas. I can't tell what is sarcasm, what is humor, are people actually offended or is this all just drama. People are taking this way to seriously, diversity in a pinball podcast, this shit can't be real.

Its beyond stupid for real.

#269 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Man I'm as liberal as the come

Wait, what? What come? Huh?

I think you've veered into a different conversation.

#270 4 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

I don’t understand what all the fuss is about either. If they just all stopped all together would any ones life really be affected? Yes it would suck a little but you would still have a roof over your head and 50k worth of toys in the basement. This site takes things that really are not that important waaay to seriously.

Haggis was posting daily vlogs about building his machine which I was really enjoying but then Just stopped! Yes it sucks but it’s not life changing!!!! I’ll live on!

Also who cares if it’s just a bunch of white guys sadly that’s the demographic of this hobby, if you have to chuck some women in there just for political correctness that’s just really sad.

#271 4 years ago

So, first you troll people with this comment:

Quoted from Fytr:

They are frightened that if this new Pinball Network where to take off, it might win a stupid TWIPY at some point, and then the one-they-seek-approval-from might lose, and as they all know without the constant ego-stroking reinforcement that the TWIPYs provide his whole purpose for podcasting might just go *poof*, and they'd have to find someone else's d*ck to suck...

Then you follow your troll post with this comment.

Quoted from Fytr:

So, yeah, it comes from "insecurity", same thing most internet trolling and bulling comes from.

Nicely done. Brilliant!

#272 4 years ago

Man, those guys are getting trashed in that Dead Flip Facebook post by people that don’t know them... at all. DeadFlip should know better than to drop a bomb publicly like that... pick up a phone, write an email... talk to these guys in a mature fashion before skewering them on a public billboard.

These are good people. What a terrible way to start a respectful and productive dialog.

#273 4 years ago

In case you hadn't noticed mature respectful podcasts don't pay the bills anymore!

#274 4 years ago

I’d hire him.

955D21E7-A021-4D49-BCE3-382FC83F3F96 (resized).jpeg955D21E7-A021-4D49-BCE3-382FC83F3F96 (resized).jpeg
    #275 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’d hire him.

3n0pwy (resized).jpg3n0pwy (resized).jpg
    #276 4 years ago

so... I was going to chime in with my thoughts on burnout from the perspective of a streamer but this thread took me for a ride I was not prepared for.

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Man, those guys are getting trashed in that Dead Flip Facebook post by people that don’t know them... at all. deadflip should know better than to drop a bomb publicly like that... pick up a phone, write an email... talk to these guys in a mature fashion before skewering them on a public billboard.
    These are good people. What a terrible way to start a respectful and productive dialog.

Even weirder, Jack Donger is a Stern employee...even though he’s trying to appear indie, he’s on the payroll. This new thing is Zach’s infomercial for his distributorship...a distributor of Stern games. Really odd fight to start, isn’t it? Think they’d be more buddy buddy....

Or or or or or ....

Is this a fake fight between allies for hype?!?!?!?!

Ooooooh shiiiiiiiit!!!

We’re all suckers lol

#278 4 years ago

I saw on facebook Kaneda has applied! I'm looking forward to the outtakes

83750693_2454759084786114_7245705305474990080_n (resized).png83750693_2454759084786114_7245705305474990080_n (resized).png
    83613397_2454751401453549_1897248399384641536_n (resized).png83613397_2454751401453549_1897248399384641536_n (resized).png

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Brevity. I'm into the whole 26 minutes or less thing.

Predator, standard cheesy '80s action flick. Never seen Jaws.
    I have feeling this isn't love at first sight.

Yancy , you must watch Jaws at least once. Just the first one...

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I saw on facebook Kaneda has applied! I'm looking forward to the outtakes

As there is no reference to all the free marketing assistance he can provide, this application must be considered a fake.

#281 4 years ago

Welp, I'm outta this thread. It was all fun and games until the diversity and inclusion posts.

I'll make comments about pinball and dumb podcasts all day long, but I know when to keep my mouth shut.

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Yancy , you must watch Jaws at least once. Just the first one...

There is only one Jaws. The others do not count. I will allow The Meg, because it is funny as shit and not as horrible as one would think.

#283 4 years ago

what I'm dying to know is how many Pinstadiums the pinballnetwork are going to give away in the first 20 minutes!

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

As there is no reference to all the free marketing assistance he can provide, this application must be considered a fake.

I dunno, the 5 stars for pinside dupe accounts looks pretty genuine to me!

#285 4 years ago

I’m gonna diversify my pinball streams by no longer watching Jack Danger.

What a classless post.

#286 4 years ago

No diversity in pinball podcasts? Cue the Hitler videos

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

what I'm dying to know is how many Pinstadiums the pinballnetwork are going to give away in the first 20 minutes!

Good idea... pour some pinstadium gasoline on this fire

#288 4 years ago

This thread needs a theme song

7fca9fd6676c1a53c66a4bee155e12f3 (resized).jpg7fca9fd6676c1a53c66a4bee155e12f3 (resized).jpg
    #289 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If anything it might help get more women into pinball.

That’s the funny thing about all this, we are the people that are already into pinball. Castigating people who are already into pinball about what skin color or sex they are is the completely backwards approach. It’s easier to get people to change their hobbies then to get people to change their skin color or sex.

If Jack Danger thinks there needs to be more women in pinball he needs to stop lecturing us and go to women and lecture them that they need to play more pinball.

I don’t understand why it even matters. Just let people do with interest them. Let the chips fall where they may and don’t sweat it. Maybe men and women like different things.

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I like Jack but that's just stupid. He should keep that shit to himself or he may lose some supporters as well, like myself.

I won’t be renewing my Dead flip twitch subscription come February.

#291 4 years ago

WGAF.

#292 4 years ago

I think I might have gotten em all worked up with the womanizer joke, sorry Pinside!

#293 4 years ago

I need more positivity in my day. I'm headed back to the Stern Stranger Things topic.

#294 4 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

I think I might have got em all worked up with the womanizer joke, sorry Pinside!

I actually listen to Kaneda podcast for the first time today and it's clear he has no idea what womanizer even means. That was as far as I made it before tuning out. I've never thought of it as an insult, it's basically a compliment that women use as a warning.

#295 4 years ago

In my local league we have around 30 people each season, of those 9 are women, occasionally we have more women who come but that’s our regular players.
    We have white, Asian, Hispanic, French.
    No one, NO ONE cares. All that matters is do you like pinball? They do. And we are all friends.
    Why? Because we all like pinball.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

#296 4 years ago

I only have one question. Is "Hurting Each Other, Maybe it's You" the same song or A/B sides?
    Cause it should DEF be the same song.

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I actually listen to Kaneda podcast for the first time today and it's clear he has no idea what .....

Now, if you ever feel the need to listen to him again just remember what you learned the first time.

#298 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I actually listen to Kaneda podcast for the first time today and it's clear he has no idea what womanizer even means. That was as far as I made it before tuning out. I've never thought of it as an insult, it's basically a compliment that women use as a warning.

You made me have to go look up the definition of womanizer. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

#299 4 years ago
    Quoted from Globalcop:

You made me have to go look up the definition of womanizer. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

Well, EVERYONE knows it's clearly a doctor that turns men into women. It's blatantly obvious. Kaneda is so dumb.

#300 4 years ago

Take it easy on K-man...afterall, he did just learn what a fan layout was a couple weeks ago.

There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-the-podcasts-ending/page/6?hl=decker1756 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.