Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 647 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are so many podcasts pulling the plug?”

• Oversaturation in the pinball podcasting market/ burnout. 204 votes
      66%
    • Something special coming up...stay tuned. 83 votes
      27%
    • Fishing for TWIPY votes. 20 votes
      7%

(307 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160px-Cat_and_lion_in_mirror_illustration.svg (resized).png
    F4C66878-EC17-49BF-9CA7-896C0D49A57D (resized).jpeg
    3BC6163E-19AB-4777-A1BC-E5A69AF813CE (resized).jpeg
    6F0418D1-FD14-4727-A167-7DCA0AF4B25F (resized).jpeg
    0B129A03-C0EB-4146-BFC9-64667D904F71 (resized).jpeg
    3BA02CA9-47FE-4E08-AD68-CF0EC882C693 (resized).jpeg
    98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    EA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    zero.point.zero.gif
    crash-and-burn1.gif
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg
    There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Especially Special When Lit, Ken and Bill are relatively new to the media scene and have really made a big impact in a short period of time. They really seemed to be enjoying that role and the podcast is a big part of it. It just doesn’t add up to walk away so abruptly. I know they have jobs and families and maybe life got in the way, but it just seems so odd to me especially with everything else going on.

They will still be doing their streaming.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

I highly doubt it considering Kaneda is the only one with enough testicular fortitude to talk negatively about machines and manufactures. Not saying he is always right but at least he isn't scared to speak his mind and give an honest opinion. I have tried to listen to other podcasters but the constant praise of every new game and manufacture gets old and they never have anything negative to say.

The man does not know what a fan layout is

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

The man does not know what a fan layout is

Who cares. I been in this hobby over 25 years so don't listen to his podcast for an education on the hobby. There are plenty of other podcasts with tournament talk of that is your thing. I listen cause it's entertaining and he is always the first to report on what's going on in the hobby. I would rather have him report 20 rumors and maybe be right once in a while instead of sitting back and saying nothing like everyone else.

#104 4 years ago

https://fbwat.ch/1NPh4VMoVms3DnEA

The Pinball Network is officially announced

#105 4 years ago

Cool. Seems like a Pinball Podcast syndication type thing. Be interesting to see what comes out of this.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Haven't reached a deal yet with Kaneda's people apparently.

#107 4 years ago

Must be the bubble bursting.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

So Zac wants to be the Rupert Murdoch of Pinball media .

#109 4 years ago

Kaneda is super salty

#111 4 years ago

I sure hope I didn't miss anything having never listened to any of them.

#112 4 years ago

I look forward to see what they have to offer.
    Some great talent that has produced some great content so far.
    Good luck to everyone involved.

#113 4 years ago

Now all the podcasts and streams I don’t listen to or watch are in one convenient place to ignore.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Now all the podcasts and streams I don’t listen to or watch are in one convenient place to ignore.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #115 4 years ago
    Quoted from C_Presley:Kaneda is super salty

He'll be fine . He is better off to just sticking to what he does anyway .

#116 4 years ago

I dunno about them all being together under one umbrella. As much as I hoped and believed SDTM wouldn't change, it totally did. I really have no desire to listen to a bunch of cheerleaders that just tow the company line. Guess we will have to see how this goes.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I dunno about them all being together under one umbrella. As much as I hoped and believed SDTM wouldn't change, it totally did. I really have no desire to listen to a bunch of cheerleaders that just tow the company line. Guess we will have to see how this goes.

That's my gut feeling too . I like the thought of them when they were independent , now they are all going to be under the flip n out umbrella , it might make you question their motives when they say certain things . And you know we're gonna have to listen through all those ads .

#118 4 years ago

As far as the Pinball Network announcement goes: I love the pinball content that Zach, Greg, Dennis, and all the rest of the guys make, so I'm excited for this new venture; however, the way this has been done feels a little dishonest. I personally think Dennis and Zach should have just said they were leaving to start a new podcast/video enterprise, rather than acting like they were done without all ready having something specific lined up. It was great publicity, but also just a little bit manipulative. I'm not saying it was intended to be that way, but I do feel like my emotions were messed with a bit. Especially, because didn't the Pinball Supernova guy write that he was getting out of the hobby completely, and now he's got a new pinball show? Overall, I would have preferred a little more honesty and transparency. At a minimum it would have felt better if they would have all just said "Hey, we're planning something new together, more info to follow." Something like that would have been nice.

Quoted from screaminr:

That's my gut feeling too . I like the thought of them when they were independent , now they are all going to be under the flip n out umbrella , it might make you question their motives when they say certain things . And you know we're gonna have to listen through all those ads .

I'm not worried about the guys remaining objective. I'm not generally a cynical person, and I've seen enough from these guys to feel like I've got a good sense of their genuineness. Besides, I don't base buying decisions solely off of what an online reviewer says, and there are plenty of other people on Pinside and elsewhere who are happy to criticize the pinball industry all day long.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

and there are plenty of other people on Pinside and elsewhere who are happy to criticize the pinball industry all day long.

Yeah it's weird when you do it on Pinside you're an asshole but if you have a podcast you "honesty is so refreshing."

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

And you know we're gonna have to listen through all those ads .

That kills it for me, I don't do commercials...period

#121 4 years ago

Can't wait till Feb 10 to find out more!

#122 4 years ago

Somewhere, in NYC Kaneda is ... ambivalent?

In Sarasota FL, Macho is snapping into a Slim Jim.

#123 4 years ago

Why don’t they call it what it really is?...the Flip N Out Pinball Network. Now almost everyone is under the umbrella. Manufacturers must be ecstatic.

#124 4 years ago

I enjoy this cast of characters... would be fun to be a part of it. I think they’re all lucky - hanging with good folk talking shop about pinball. Sounds like a great time!!

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Why don’t they call it what it really is?...the Flip N Out Pinball Network. Now almost everyone is under the umbrella.

Umbrella Corporation has a nice ring to it!

#126 4 years ago

Floyd Mayweather ain’t got nothing on Zach “money” Meny

I like seeing a consolidation of all things pinball in one place. It was confusing to me!

#128 4 years ago

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what’s to come as well...maybe I’m in the minority, too “new” to the pin side (no pun intended) of the gaming hobby, or just crazy, but I’ve enjoyed all the different podcasts and am glad there’s still several good ones to choose from...they certainly help me get through the regular 80-100 miles I run every week...so as Zach likes to say, any pinball is good pinball!

#129 4 years ago

I’m excited to see the new stuff

#130 4 years ago

This whole thing is not going over well and it hasn’t even started yet. Jack danger already pointed out how it’s a white boy party and presents absolutely no diversity or inclusion whatsoever.

Then there’s he fact he is planning to also become a competing distributor to flip n out.

Out of all of these pinball network guys Jason Fowler is the only one who has shown any backbone to speak openly about quality issues and I fear now he will be the next victim to the required shilling and cheerleading for manufacturers.

I agree with others, Chris is better off remaining on the outside of this. Anything that would risk his radical candor would be a huge mistake.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

What a fucked up day , listened to head to head they quit , listened to twip they quit , listened to Kaneda he said special when lit quit . Now I'm going to have to find something else to fill in 5 hours a week and I'm going to have to get my news and information from the poor man's pinball podcast ... well at least I learnt something about the poison King .

Ha ha ha ha... You poor bastard... Don't rely on my Podcast for News!

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Why don’t they call it what it really is?...the Flip N Out Pinball Network. Now almost everyone is under the umbrella. Manufacturers must be ecstatic.

Anyone expecting a message other than "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine" coming out of these shows is fooling themselves.

#133 4 years ago

I wonder which Voltron this will turn out to be. Remember, there is only one cool Voltron.

5A40C9FF-B6C2-4528-99EA-F1B0FAAFB2E1 (resized).jpeg5A40C9FF-B6C2-4528-99EA-F1B0FAAFB2E1 (resized).jpeg
    #134 4 years ago

There are still many pinball podcasts out there to enjoy. Kaneda, loser kid, the poor mans podcast.
    The macho man,
    The spinner is lit.
    The spinner is lit.
    And many more.
    I say give everyone a chance. If you like what their doing them cool. If not, there are plenty of other choices. It’s still a great time for pinball.

#135 4 years ago

Watch out Macho...the pinball media mafia (sponsored by Pinstadium) ...is coming for you!
    8D25FE1E-D340-46AA-98D2-FD074FB6DF16 (resized).jpeg8D25FE1E-D340-46AA-98D2-FD074FB6DF16 (resized).jpeg

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Wow! Even when Macho quotes someone else I read it in the Macho voice!

And I thought Zack's affected tone was annoying. I listened to less than four seconds of macho and I was done. the best podcasts are the ones where someone just picks up a microphone turns it on and has something interesting to say.
    Everyone else who does the excessive production values and the affected voices are just covering up for boring content. There is a reason why no one listens to morning zoo anymore.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Great way to start the new network. Being basically dishonest to all of your listeners when you feigned quitting.

It was time for me to yank my PayPal donations anyway. I just didn't want to go through the hassle of logging into PayPal. This is prompted me to do it.

I hope Kaneda has a way to donate.

Screenshot_20200122-214004.pngScreenshot_20200122-214004.png
    #138 4 years ago

I will miss some of these and I wish them well in a new endeavor.
    My listening habits are audio. I am a really big fan of podcasts and audiobooks. I don't care too much for streams or you tube shows.
    When I'm not at work, I prefer to use my pc to play games.
    I'm looking forward to what comes.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

This whole thing is not going over well and it hasn’t even started yet. Jack danger already pointed out how it’s a white boy party and presents absolutely no diversity or inclusion whatsoever.

This seems like a bit of an extreme reaction. I understand the initial reaction to the line up as everyone is a white, middle aged, mid-western male. However, the people in the network have said they have already reached out to female content creators and wanted to make the announcement before it was leaked. I would think people would wait for a moment and see what develops rather than flaming the thing an hour after it is announced.

Also, Dennis Kreisel said today that they are opening the network to anyone who wants to apply and provide content. I'm not sure how much more "inclusive" you can be than that.

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I personally think Dennis and Zach should have just said they were leaving to start a new podcast/video enterprise, rather than acting like they were done without all ready having something specific lined up. It was great publicity, but also just a little bit manipulative. I'm not saying it was intended to be that way, but I do feel like my emotions were messed with a bit.

This is fair. Originally there were a lot more hints but editing changes dropped some of the more obvious ones. Zach does love his hype after all!

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Especially, because didn't the Pinball Supernova guy write that he was getting out of the hobby completely, and now he's got a new pinball show? Overall, I would have preferred a little more honesty and transparency. At a minimum it would have felt better if they would have all just said "Hey, we're planning something new together, more info to follow." Something like that would have been nice.

That was actually coincidence. SwL and TWIP are the only two coordinated departures that related to the TPN launch (and Zach was going to leave TWIP Podcast this year anyway, for real no matter what, but he moved up the timing for this). We didn't know H2H was ending; Martin joining up was unrelated. Same with Pinball Supernova. The announcement of stopping came, someone thought "maybe he'd be interested if this was his marketing umbrella" and reached out and he was. But his quit was a "real" quit as originally intended. Anyway, just some behind-the-scenes fodder.

Quoted from PantherCityPins:

This seems like a bit of an extreme reaction. I understand the initial reaction to the line up as everyone is a white, middle aged, mid-western male. However, the people in the network have said they have already reached out to female content creators and wanted to make the announcement before it was leaked. I would think people would wait for a moment and see what develops rather than flaming the thing an hour after it is announced.
    Also, Dennis Kreisel said today that they are opening the network to anyone who wants to apply and provide content. I'm not sure how much more "inclusive" you can be than that.

Yes, looking back at the video (I only could screen it myself once between meetings today, everything has been moving fast) I can totally see where the impression comes from. All I can do is apologize to anyone it upset there was no intent to make anyone feel left out. We've been discussing diversity internally specifically for quite a while and pre-reveal we were only comfortable reaching out to a handful of folks to try and control the messaging (and this included women, but we had no confirmation of acceptance before the trailer drop, which was motivated in part because there was concern that it was playing around with people's emotions too much to just drag it out after all the quitting announcements).

And yes, the whole idea of TPN is to have an team-based umbrella for content creators to use. I have no idea if it'll work or not. But all sorts of differing voices are wanted.

#141 4 years ago

So I was completely right.

Dennis I like you a lot on the TWIP podcast. This is a bad look. I really don’t like this clicky pinball bullshit that Zach is trying to build all while feeding his flipping out distribution.

Wow I don’t like this at all. What’s with all the lies guys? Why not just say what was going on?

#142 4 years ago

So a bunch of dorky pinball drama and lies just to create a network? Zachs podcast was annoying as shit anyway. I’m loyal to Kaneda now

#143 4 years ago

I say, give it a chance. How many here have done a podcast?
    It’s not easy. Sit in front of a mic and start talking. Try to not sound like an idiot.
    It’s tougher than you think.
    I’ve been doing it for nearly 3 years.
    Just give this a chance. You might be surprised.

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

How many here have done a podcast?

I was involved with one some years back.

Quoted from mrgone:

Try to not sound like an idiot.

I didn't do a pretty good job with that.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Talk Pinball. Gone too soon.

#145 4 years ago

So now everyone is part of Zach’s disingenuous cheerleading infomercial?

Hard pass.

#146 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing what it is before making any judgement.

Could be awesome.

Could suck.

No way to know until we see/hear it.

#147 4 years ago

Plus 10000 for KANEDA. KANEDA IS THE BEST

#148 4 years ago

or try this dork out

Anchor.fm/bosshog

#149 4 years ago

Does this mean that the voting results for best podcast is unofficially known?

#150 4 years ago

If TPN doesnt have "After Dark" content like Cinamax, I'm out.....

There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-the-podcasts-ending/page/3?hl=captain-flint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.