Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 647 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are so many podcasts pulling the plug?”

• Oversaturation in the pinball podcasting market/ burnout. 204 votes
      66%
    • Something special coming up...stay tuned. 83 votes
      27%
    • Fishing for TWIPY votes. 20 votes
      7%

(307 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160px-Cat_and_lion_in_mirror_illustration.svg (resized).png
    F4C66878-EC17-49BF-9CA7-896C0D49A57D (resized).jpeg
    3BC6163E-19AB-4777-A1BC-E5A69AF813CE (resized).jpeg
    6F0418D1-FD14-4727-A167-7DCA0AF4B25F (resized).jpeg
    0B129A03-C0EB-4146-BFC9-64667D904F71 (resized).jpeg
    3BA02CA9-47FE-4E08-AD68-CF0EC882C693 (resized).jpeg
    98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    EA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    zero.point.zero.gif
    crash-and-burn1.gif
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg
    There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
    #551 4 years ago
    Quoted from drewbo81:

Let’s celebrate diversity and have these conversations but trying to force it by slinging mud and vitriol is not the way to do it.

I'm not sure if I'd agree that what happened was "slinging mud and vitriol," but regardless of how you characterize it, apparently, it IS the way to do it?

How many people thought about this issue - actually thought about it, instead of going "Breitbart Blog" rant right off the bat - for the first time? How many people listened to a pinball podcast by a woman for the first time because of this whole thing? From this thread, I think you can assume dozens of people were interested in hearing about another perspective, and checked one out, and based on the responses, some people actually listened with an open ear.

This crowd can be a little slow on the uptake so who knows, but I think as a whole, and beyond the knee-jerk defensiveness and dismissiveness and/or hurt feelings of some, in the long run this will turn out to be a good thing.

It's not an accident that our NYCPC 2020 trailer featured a diverse group of people. It's not because we are trying to "force diversity" down anybody's throat, it's not because we hate white men or think anybody is sexist, and it's not to pretend the pinball crowd is something it isn't. It's to accurately represent the community and the people who come to our event, and to show in fact it's NOT just white men. Besides, those ladies PUMP, and having them at our tournament playing in our high payout Dahlia Rowan Memorial Women's Championship along with the other divisions isn't just a cultural asset for us, it's a financial one. "Diversity" is good business dummies.

#552 4 years ago

Latest episode of Eclectic Gamers Podcast is up. Dennis spends about an hour talking about the TPN launch, going into a lot of details, and giving his take on what happened from the inside. Well worth a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/user-465086826

#553 4 years ago

Levi does his thing with his tourney

TPN is doing their thing

Jack Danger does his thing

Kaneda, etc etc

People are free to pick and choose what they like without getting lectured by the “unwokes” or anybody else for that matter

#554 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Levi does his thing with his tourney
    TPN is doing their thing
    Jack Danger does his thing
    Kaneda, etc etc
    People are free to pick and choose what they like without getting lectured by the “unwokes” or anybody else for that matter

Jack is the one that started this shit. He’s one of the “unwokes” lol. The ring leader of the unwokes!

#556 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Diversity" is good business dummies.

This is simply one of the best points in this entire thread.

I think a lot of people underestimate the power of seeing "someone like me".

#557 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Jack is the one that started this shit. He’s one the “unwokes” lol. The ring leader of the unwokes!

The only time any of us ain’t “awake” is when we are sleeping. Lol

My point is anyone can do their thing including the pinball network and people can love it or hate it and it doesn’t f ing matter

“Woke” is a joke. All it really means is you ain’t sleeping and you are part of the “I take myself way too serious” club

#558 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

“Woke” is a joke.

"Snowflake" is half-baked.
    "Diversity" is travesty.
    "Sensitivity" is lameitivity.
    "Offended" should be apprehended.

We goin Jonny Cochran up in here!

#559 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Woke” is a joke. All it really means is you ain’t sleeping and you are part of the “I take myself way too serious” club

Well I wont support people with beliefs like that (and other beliefs that i don't agree with) and thats why i am pulling my Twitch subscription. Sometimes you are better off keeping your beliefs to yourself, especially when you are a small time entertainer and every dollar matters. Not trying to start sh*t, just sayin.

#560 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Interesting update to that post from Bigehrl, who is Jon, the owner of Jackbar in Brooklyn.
    A month ago Jon did a face to face interview with Kaneda at Jackbar and its one of Kman's best podcasts of all time. I learned to like and respect Jon as a person and as an operator from that podcast. I'm really glad he was able to put past issues aside and do a very candid, informative interview.
    https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-434-jon-from-jackbar
    What Chris did that day to CrazyLevi, Tim Sexton and NYCPC was incredibly moronic and he deserves his ban from the tournament. He also earned his permanent ban from Pinside for what he repeatedly did to Robin, the Moderators and many good Pinsiders. Pinsiders that I like, admire and respect, even when they so quickly down-vote me for my Kaneda support.
    But I get it.

Jesus, I just went back and reread that your post and that thread. I remember reading it months back, never connected from that Kaneda interview a few weeks ago that Jon had started that thread till just now.

He seemed really congenial, relaxed, and at ease in the back and forth. Really amazing his sense of forgiveness and ability to move on. He certainly didn't have to.

He seems like a pretty savy business owner too, and next time I head over that way, I'd be more than happy to play there, enjoy some good beer, and appreciate the pretty cool sounding venue he's created.

#561 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I wont support people with beliefs like that (and other beliefs that i don't agree with) and thats why i am pulling my Twitch subscription. Sometimes you are better off keeping your beliefs to yourself, especially when you are a small time entertainer and every dollar matters. Not trying to start sh*t, just sayin.

...over and over and over again. Take your twitch $ and buy yourself a coke. We get it.

#562 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I always have to look that up. Libel is written,

An easy way to remember is to think of a Library - Books - Written.

#563 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Latest episode of Eclectic Gamers Podcast is up. Dennis spends about an hour talking about the TPN launch, going into a lot of details, and giving his take on what happened from the inside. Well worth a listen.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-465086826

Can someone that's endured it post the bullet points so we can all reward them with a barrage of thumbs up?

#564 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This is simply one of the best points in this entire thread.
    I think a lot of people underestimate the power of seeing "someone like me".

Only problem there, NO one....is like Harvey Keitel.

18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    #565 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Only problem there, NO one....is like Harvey Keitel.

100%. It's fair to say I'm a fan.

I am also the polar opposite of Keitel. Fat and very uncool.

#566 4 years ago
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpegB33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    #568 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

No K-man?

I'm out.

#569 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Dedicated forum thread coming soon!

Why wait? Should be roll at with all media going.

#570 4 years ago

Bleh, is this only streams? Need podcasts for driving & work...

#571 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

No, not just streaming. There will be multiple podcasts and YouTube shows as well as additional content

#572 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

I believe he is just announcing the streaming lineup that they are putting together. From what I have heard they are also going to be doing weekly podcasts.

#573 4 years ago

I really hope they make this stuff available outside twich and facebook. Id like to be able to listen to content while running or at work where facebook/twitch is blocked.

#574 4 years ago

Can confirm this is just a portion of the networks offerings.

Podcasts, you tube vids, etc. all going to be covered.

#575 4 years ago

That damn Zach Meanie, he's done went and turned the whole pinball world upside down!

#576 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can confirm this is just a portion of the networks offerings.
    Podcasts, you tube vids, etc. all going to be covered.

Hey Chuck, apologies for assuming your intent the other day regarding the link you posted. That's on me, and my assumptions.

On account of your link, and that other fellow's post, I finally listened to the final part, the proposal Jon made on Kaneda's show yesterday in my car, and I can say I genuinely appreciate seeing people getting together via their love for a shared interest, and helping one another move past ugly transgressions, and choosing to push forward in friendship. Feels like a lesson I wish all of us humans, myself certainly included, carried with us daily. Live and let live.

Congrats to you on joining TPN, and here's hoping overall it brings more comradery than dissension. We all know we could use more of the former, and less of the latter.

Cheers!

#577 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Hey Chuck, apologies for assuming your intent the other day regarding the link you posted. That's on me, and my assumptions.
    On account of your link, and that other fellow's post, I finally listened to the final part, the proposal Jon made on Kaneda's show yesterday in my car, and I can say I genuinely appreciate seeing people getting together via their love for a shared interest, and helping one another move past ugly transgressions, and choosing to push forward in friendship. Feels like a lesson I wish all of us humans, myself certainly included, carried with us daily. Live and let live.
    Congrats to you on joining TPN, and here's hoping overall it brings more comradery than dissension. We all know we could use more of the former, and less of the latter.
    Cheers!

Dont be getting all mushy on me Wesman or I will drive to Shittsburgh and toughen you up!

#578 4 years ago
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpegEA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpegEA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    #579 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

TONS of work, but yet the donkey wins the 1 recognition award each year because he is a controversial dbag.
    Zero actual pinball knowledge, history, tech advice, or anything of real value, but the Jerry Springer show wins...
    I can imagine it is easy to get burnt out on such passion projects and only normal to question why invest so much time and energy with no praise from the community.

Ok boomer

#580 4 years ago

I got booted from the TPN thread for seven(!) days for saying one of Zach's comments came off as kind of douchey (apparently that's trolling?) and this is what he posts recently:

"What do you get when you mix a broken record, a crying baby, and a couple Kaneda tears?....... Delt

Hope you stub your toe today buddy"

Sure would be hilarious if he were to be moderated in his own kickoff thread...

#581 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

I got booted from the TPN thread for seven(!) days for saying one of Zach's comments came off as kind of douchey (apparently that's trolling?) and this is what he posts recently:
    "What do you get when you mix a broken record, a crying baby, and a couple Kaneda tears?....... Delt
    Hope you stub your toe today buddy"
    Sure would be hilarious if he were to be moderated in his own kickoff thread...

To be fair don't you get booted from every thread? Some people are just too damn real for Pinside!

#582 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To be fair don't you get booted from every thread? Some people are just too damn real for Pinside!

False.

#583 4 years ago

Well I'm sure you won't be booted from this one either. The mods LOVE when people criticize how they do their jobs.

#584 4 years ago

So also seems to be missing is The Super Awesome Pinball Show !?

Been waiting for another episode. I guess it's something to do with TPN. Has nobody else noticed they are also missing from the list? ... Mrs Pin as well?

I hope we don't see any of these turn to advertising or commercial bias. They stand on their own and don't need a network. ... if any, then maybe O.P.E.N.

Looks like for independent podcasts we will still have Poormans, Kaneda, TWIP.... and hopefully the SAPS!

#585 4 years ago

<- my reaction when someone adds "Mafia" at the end of a name.

Pinball Mafia?

What does that even mean?

#586 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

<- my reaction when someone adds "Mafia" at the end of a name.
    Pinball Mafia?
    What does that even mean?

It's the organization of criminals in pinball. Makes total sense.

#587 4 years ago

I think that means they’re talking about the Sharpe fam. Good luck getting that license without paying them the vig!

#588 4 years ago

^^^ PMSL ... as a tripple set those posts are Gold!

1 week later
    #589 4 years ago

Introducing the next podcaster to join The Pinball Network.....YOU!

Off The Record Pinball Podcast is the chance to record your own episode (solo, duo, group). You choose the format, you choose the topics, you choose your show. Be part of something. Be creative. Be heard.

Ever want to try out pinball podcasting, but worried about the long-term commitments, setting up the logistics, or building an audience? Give it a try, you may have fun!

Sign up now by emailing [email protected] and we can put you on the schedule.

98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    #590 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Off The Record Pinball Podcast is the chance to record your own episode (solo, duo, group). You choose the format, you choose the topics, you choose your show. Be part of something. Be creative. Be heard.
    Ever want to try out pinball podcasting, but worried about the long-term commitments, setting up the logistics, or building an audience? Give it a try, you may have fun!
    Sign up now by emailing [email protected] and we can put you on the schedule.[quoted image]

Interesting concept. Can’t wait to see how this plays out

#591 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Sign up now by emailing [email protected] and we can put you on the schedule.[quoted image]

We know by "You", Zach means.... @LTG!

#592 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

We know by "You", Zach means.... LTG!

I wouldn’t be opposed to that I’d definitely be a listener. How’s about you Wesman? Isn’t it time? Let’s get you on a mic!

#593 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I wouldn’t be opposed to that I’d definitely be a listener. How’s about you Wesman? Isn’t it time? Let’s get you on a mic!

Haha, someday.....but after Lloyd gets out there! I did about 30 or so odd episodes with a friend, not pinball related, years ago.

Watched and dug your blindfolded unboxing video last night! The skill level, and suspense of that stool going underneath, had me glued to my seat....as well as a few good beers!

#594 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

but after Lloyd gets out there!

Too funny.

I can hear it now. This week in tech support. Or how I learned to stop laughing and loved the challenge. A few dirty jokes. Some dirt on famous people. Call ins for prizes like my patented rubber dog poop mod.

I'll be famous. Right up there with that kid making millions reviewing toys on Youtube.

LTG : )

#595 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Call ins for prizes like my patented rubber dog poop mod.

I could have a moron of the week award too. Like the first guy that tried to get me fired. Or the man I had to explain wire to. Or the hour spent walking a man through removing three connectors and two screws. A frikken hour.

And a prize if someone figures out who the moron was.

#596 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I could have a moron of the week award too. Like the first guy that tried to get me fired. Or the man I had to explain wire to. Or the hour spent walking a man through removing three connectors and two screws. A frikken hour.
    And a prize if someone figures out who the moron was.

I think you've got your first couple of shows here friend!

Someone let ZMeny know!

#597 4 years ago

Streams smeems, when are the podcasts going to start?

#598 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Streams smeems, when are the podcasts going to start?

Tomorrow, February 10th.

#599 4 years ago

Have been listening to Kaneda’s latest podcasts on my drives. More and more entertaining. Other podcasts seem disingenuous.

Not that I believe or even remotely care about anyone else’s opinions, especially Chris’s on a podcast.

Just...entertaining. It’s a long drive and he has a lot to talk about with pinball.

Haven’t listened to other podcasts anymore. If there are others starting, I’ll give them a try.

#600 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Have been listening to Kaneda’s latest podcasts on my drives. More and more entertaining. Other podcasts seem disingenuous.
    Not that I believe or even remotely care about anyone else’s opinions, especially Chris’s on a podcast.
    Just...entertaining. It’s a long drive and he has a lot to talk about with pinball.
    Haven’t listened to other podcasts anymore. If there are others starting, I’ll give them a try.

Agree. I have been trying a sampling of as many pinball podcasts as I can pull up in Pocket Cast. Kaneda is my favorite. Surprised how many of the others don't even talk much about pinball. And that's fine if it is a host(s) that one enjoys listening to. But none of them have that for me.

By far, the thing that will have me unsubscribing quickest is an affected voice. I cannot listen to Zach M, there is simply no way he speaks like that to his family at the dinner table.

Steve Dahl and Howard Stern showed that just talking plainly is the way to win listeners. Morning Zoo jock types are just cringe-inducing.

There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-the-podcasts-ending/page/12?hl=wlf_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.