Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 647 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are so many podcasts pulling the plug?”

• Oversaturation in the pinball podcasting market/ burnout. 204 votes
      66%
    • Something special coming up...stay tuned. 83 votes
      27%
    • Fishing for TWIPY votes. 20 votes
      7%

(307 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160px-Cat_and_lion_in_mirror_illustration.svg (resized).png
    F4C66878-EC17-49BF-9CA7-896C0D49A57D (resized).jpeg
    3BC6163E-19AB-4777-A1BC-E5A69AF813CE (resized).jpeg
    6F0418D1-FD14-4727-A167-7DCA0AF4B25F (resized).jpeg
    0B129A03-C0EB-4146-BFC9-64667D904F71 (resized).jpeg
    3BA02CA9-47FE-4E08-AD68-CF0EC882C693 (resized).jpeg
    98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    EA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    zero.point.zero.gif
    crash-and-burn1.gif
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg

There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
    #501 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Let's maybe try an adult road, versus whatever angle you seem to prefer. Let's do that maybe.
    Words, carefully chosen, and without barbs, slams, cheapshots, and condescension.

Which road are the “skullf*cking granny” signs on, and how carefully do you choose words like “you think I suck his sick?”

For such a verbosely low road guy, with a supposed aversion to condescension, you sure take the condescending low road a lot while calling for high road, adult, barb-free discussion.

And I mean a lot. Are you getting paid by the word or something?

#502 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Either let him defend himself in the forum, or ban malicious, salacious or blatant shit talk of the guy. Civility isn't asking for much, is it?

Apparently it is asking too much, rules on by the owners and moderators of this site. But wait, Wesman shows up a year ago so he must know letter and go out of his way to heal site.
    Thanks dude, we're OK.

#503 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Tossing a link out there, is only fuel though, to help make him appear foolish, again. Repeat, rinse, repeat. That seems the nature of this site all too often, and burning away at a dude who hasn't even posted on here, for literally years.

The story was brought up unasked for from a second hand recollection, which can unintentionally be inaccurate, so I appreciated the link. It is good to get info from "primary" sources if something like that is brought up.

I also am gonna disagree with your point about making someone "appear foolish, again." People can and do change, most often for the better. It sounds like that seems to be the case here, at least going off the accounts of him having made amends with some individuals.

Your implication seems to be that bringing up past behavior is just ragging on a person, I could be wrong? but I feel that we are all reasonable adults here, and to be honest more so see the positive change in actions and growth, and hope others do too.

Everyone is human, and makes mistakes. Were all imperfect, recognizing growth here is my take away, fwiw.

#504 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Which road are the “skullf*cking granny” signs on, and how carefully do you choose words like “you think I suck his sick?”
    For such a verbosely low road guy, with a supposed aversion to condescension, you sure take the condescending low road a lot while calling for high road, adult, barb-free discussion.
    And I mean a lot. Are you getting paid by the word or something?

It's often pretty clear on here how you feel about Kaneda, so apologies for trying to be in the middle, and just not see him slurred day after day. It's gross and petty. You dislike him? Be "better" than him.

Granny skullfucking was an obvious attempt at trying to approach levity, while illustrating how constant the attacks towards "the one who shan't be named" seem.

TheLaw suggested I use mouthwash after writing my post. What else is to be inferred here? Especially after a day or so ago, someone else made some shitty barb in the Rick and Morty thread, (Unmoderated) about what his dick tastes like. I asked TheLaw to clarify here. He chose not to. Pile on, for sure. He's a bigboy, he can handle it, no?

Quoted from TheLaw:

Apparently it is asking too much, rules on by the owners and moderators of this site. But wait, Wesman shows up a year ago so he must know letter and go out of his way to heal site.
    Thanks dude, we're OK.

The owner rarely makes an appearance, and given my initial complaint, moderation happens more towards direct attacks, than towards people slandering an ex user.

You don't have a problem with me, but....here's an issue with how I wish to see moderation in action. That doesn't make any sense.

So again, no discussion, just mocking my intent, then shove off. Passive aggressive...aggressive.

Quoted from wlf_:

The story was brought up unasked for from a second hand recollection, which can unintentionally be inaccurate, so I appreciated the link. It is good to get info from "primary" sources if something like that is brought up.
    I also am gonna disagree with your point about making someone "appear foolish, again." People can and do change, most often for the better. It sounds like that seems to be the case here, at least going off the accounts of him having made amends with some individuals.
    Your implication seems to be that bringing up past behavior is just ragging on a person, I could be wrong? but I feel that we are all reasonable adults here, and to be honest more so see the positive change in actions and growth, and hope others do too.
    Everyone is human, and makes mistakes. Were all imperfect, recognizing growth here is my take away, fwiw.

I did the same thing, a year or so ago. Read the same thread, and he definitely seems to have matured some as time has gone on.

My issue isn't with him or trying to understand him, it's the lack of maturity towards him from others, a ghost that isn't even allowed to exist here, just be roasted daily.

As for being reasonable adults....I'd whole heartedly agree, if people could forgive, and live and let live on here. Doesn't seem the lay of the land to me though.

#505 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

The story was brought up unasked for from a second hand recollection, which can unintentionally be inaccurate, so I appreciated the link.

Yep, and a lot of turnover here on the forum means a lot of people never knew what a walking talking rectum this guy always was here before got booted and started the pod cast. It's good to put up that reminder link. That was just the tip of the iceberg. A leopard doesn't change its spots. Once an a-hole, always and a-hole.

#506 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

People can and do change

Hopefully. Especially for the better.

Sadly, some just learn to appear better.

LTG

#507 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

You don't have a problem with me, but....here's an issue with how I wish to see moderation in action. That doesn't make any sense.

Feel free to start a moderators feedback thread explaining how you'd like comments aboot non members to be handled.
    We get you're point, we've heard it.

Quoted from wesman:

So again, no discussion, just mocking my intent, then shove off. Passive aggressive...aggressive.

First, your intent is to better Pinside even though you really don't know what the fuck you are talking aboot. Can we talk aboot Football man any way we choose as a non member? Or actor woman, or any of the 6 billion people on the face of the earth? Will we get a sad little, excuse me, super long-winded kicking rocks moping post from you every time?
    Second, did you just slander me sir?!

#508 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Feel free to start a moderators feedback thread explaining how you'd like comments aboot non members to be handled.

First, your intent is to better Pinside even though you really don't know what the fuck you are talking aboot. Can we talk aboot Football man any way we choose as a non member? Or actor woman, or any of the 6 billion people on the face of the earth? Will we get a sad little, excuse me, super long-winded kicking rocks moping post from you every time?

I think it was libel?!

Not sure. Regardless, very low road barbs on display here!

#509 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Oh, it was quite the thing or so I hear. There's a closed thread about it somewhere here on Pinside. I wasn't there, so I'm not sure exactly what happened. He was spectating the championships, and then some stuff went down, and things got physical and I guess at one point he threw a drink in someone's face. Eventually, Crazylevi and security had to drag him out to the elevator and out of the venue.
    And this was after he had supposedly turned over a new leaf in the hobby. I personally think the incident was a big factor in why K-man's ban wasn't lifted by Robin. But again, I wasn't actually there, so others could probably provide a more precise rundown. Crazy stuff!

Man... it’s so much deeper than that. Its amazing how many people have no clue to the kind of crap that guy did and how he wore it as some badge of honor. Maybe you all should petition dear leader to repost he podcasts where he actually read his emails he sent to robin and staff... and laughed about it. He crossed lines no one ever should. But in his world... if you just say your sorry, you are free and clear. No conscious... just do anything because you can always just make excuses or delete it later.

#510 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it was libel?!

Twas the written word

#511 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I slander your slander, and up you a slander!

I got tired of reading my posts three posts ago....

I've kinda come to the conclusion that pinball just doesn't have enough going on to warrant all this forum action, hence this entire thread, among others, of bullshittery.

f42083883d550a9d8a7726c1140180d8 (resized).jpgf42083883d550a9d8a7726c1140180d8 (resized).jpg
    #512 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it was libel?!
    Not sure. Regardless, very low road barbs on display here!

I always have to look that up. Libel is written, slander is verbal.

Either way, I'm glad I've never had to use either term very seriously.

#513 4 years ago

Were I to read this entire thread, I will have spent more time doing that than I have listening to pinball podcasts.

Sorry if this sentiment has already been expressed; I obviously didn't read the thread.

#514 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Either let him defend himself in the forum, or ban malicious, salacious or blatant shit talk of the guy. Civility isn't asking for much, is it? If you think him the devil, don't act worse than the devil.

You act like he was some victim... thrown out midtsream and unable to defend himself. That is not the case at all. He had the platform and opportunity but instead used it a weapon. He often was the aggressor and instigator. He trolled... he went after people... he crossed lines that never should be crossed. He went from an attention whore to nasty, antagonist cancer. Don’t forget his woes started before pinside... he had been ran out of every online community he was a part of. The reason he was shown the door was not because of differences of opinion, nor censorship, but because the guy literally could not conduct himself in a civil adult manner.

Your comments come across as naive of what really went down. This is what he nurtures with his selective history telling and whitewashing of his own content.

#515 4 years ago

Doesn’t matter. If Chris doesn’t win, it’s rigged.

#516 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Were I to read this entire thread, I will have spent more time doing that than I have listening to pinball podcasts.
    Sorry if this sentiment has already been expressed; I obviously didn't read the thread.

I started the thread curious as to why four podcasts had all called it quits around the same time and added a poll.

Kaneda was mentioned two posts later and predictably it's been off the rails since, with a side discussion regarding inclusion.

Almost nothing of substance regarding The Pinball Network has been discussed in over 500 posts.

Sorry Mods.

#517 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:Let's get back to an important topic: I need one to many cohosts for my new podcast called ""The 40-something white man who is moderately well off but not rich and enjoys playing pinball but not as much as drinking while playing pinball while talking shit about the banality and stupidity of pinball and Pinside fiesta of friendship 26 minute extravaganza."

This is what you seek... pints and pinball... recently back from hiatus... and maybe right on time?

For your consideration... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pints-and-pinball-podcast-homebrew-pinball-arcade-stuff#post-5423381

#518 4 years ago

This thread has become embarrassing. Seriously.

#519 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You act like he was some victim... thrown out midtsream and unable to defend himself. That is not the case at all. He had the platform and opportunity but instead used it a weapon. He often was the aggressor and instigator. He trolled... he went after people... he crossed lines that never should be crossed. He went from an attention whore to nasty, antagonist cancer. Don’t forget his woes started before pinside... he had been ran out of every online community he was a part of. The reason he was shown the door was not because of differences of opinion, nor censorship, but because the guy literally could not conduct himself in a civil adult manner.
    Your comments come across as naive of what really went down. This is what he nurtures with his selective history telling and whitewashing of his own content.

I definitely wasn't around back then, and am not aware of the full brunt of how he acted. A year or so ago I read about the event incident, and tried to read through posts he started, to try and get a feel for what his presence was like, and what that entailed.

I can only say he isn't here now, and now the way for him to retort is his podcast. And all the disdain only gives him more fodder. So if people continue the angst, it's an evergreen tree for him to pluck at. Forget and forgive....or just forget even harder, and he has less to discuss on his cast. Win, win for those that are irked by his legacy, no?

Oh well, back to work.

#520 4 years ago
    AC2A5AC1-286C-43AC-8D34-B86342F00EF2.jpegAC2A5AC1-286C-43AC-8D34-B86342F00EF2.jpeg
    #521 4 years ago

Haha, I'm not worried aboot his "legacy," he doesn't post here and I don't listen to his podcast; it's win win.
    He never even bothered me me much when he was here, he was just some green dude whom didn't know anything about pinball. That turned him into a podcaster, so good for him. I don't think stopping mentioning him would make him go away, I have no doubt in his ability to talk forever.

#522 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Man... it’s so much deeper than that. Its amazing how many people have no clue to the kind of crap that guy did and how he wore it as some badge of honor. Maybe you all should petition dear leader to repost he podcasts where he actually read his emails he sent to robin and staff... and laughed about it. He crossed lines no one ever should. But in his world... if you just say your sorry, you are free and clear. No conscious... just do anything because you can always just make excuses or delete it later.

Oh yeah, I can only imagine the kinds of things he did to get perma-banned. My understanding was that he was the definition of an internet troll back when he was on pinside. He still likes to pop in on other creator's streams and stir-the-pot. Sometimes he's fine on the stream chats and a reasonably positive presence, but a lot of other times he's obnoxious and trolly, and has to be put in "time-out." My point about what happened at the NY Championships was that this bad behavior took place after he had all ready started supposedly changing for the better. And so even if K had spent some time trying to conduct himself in a gentlemanly manner on his podcast, and trying to prove that he could behave online, then the incident at NYCPC showed that he obviously hadn't changed enough to warrant any sort of reinstatement. Provisional or otherwise.

But its tough, because I enjoy that he tends to offer a counterpoint on his podcast, and he does get some scoops, and I like that he's hard on the manufacturers. I hope that maybe he has finally started to become a better person, but I don't know him personally, so who knows. Also, he makes it sound like Brenda and his dog are the only family he has. So obviously some bad stuff must have happened in his life for that to be the case. So I don't know.

Its natural that he's still talked about, since he's still a part of the pinball media, and he does get scoops and interviews and stuff. But yeah, I wish people would move on from constantly bashing him, and talk about more relevant things.

#523 4 years ago

I suggest the thread be closed. We now know why the podcasts all quit. Maybe a new Pinball Network thread be opened in the basement.

#524 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I started the thread...
    Sorry Mods.

Quoted from tacshose:

I suggest the thread be closed. We now know why the podcasts all quit. Maybe a new Pinball Network thread be opened in the basement.

The OP could just change the thread title to the new one and keep all this gold!

#525 4 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

You mean the Sewer!!

Quoted from flynnibus:

This is what you seek... pints and pinball... recently back from hiatus... and maybe right on time?
    For your consideration... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pints-and-pinball-podcast-homebrew-pinball-arcade-stuff#post-5423381

Holy smokes man. What happened to your friend's Lebowski..... Glad you guys got it back together, and the episode had a nice flow and rapport to it!

Is your one friend the brewer? Link to the brewery?

#526 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I think the impact of something like that is best appreciated when people discover it on their own. As I did.
    It would have been off point and a spoiler for me to have mentioned it.

Well, damn Kim, I didn’t think of that. Then again, the concept of a “spoiler” for a month old Kaneda podcast is funny and even a little silly. A spoiler for any Kaneda podcast for that matter. This isn’t Shakespeare (psst, Juliet dies at the end!)

I think the juxtaposition of Jon’s post in that thread and then proposing on Kaneda’s podcast around a year later is noteworthy.

#527 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The OP could just change the thread title to the new one and keep all this gold!

Done.

#528 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I started the thread curious as to why four podcasts had all called it quits around the same time and added a poll.
    Kaneda was mentioned two posts later and predictably it's been off the rails since, with a side discussion regarding inclusion.
    Almost nothing of substance regarding The Pinball Network has been discussed in over 500 posts.
    Sorry Mods.

Quoted from tacshose:

This thread is Pinside gold and should not be closed. Much better then what's gong on in the Stranger Things and R&M threads.

#530 4 years ago

Thanks, Lloyd...can I change the link?

#531 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

can I change the link?

Apparently not.

LTG : )

#532 4 years ago

I usually don't like when people invoke the phrase "first world problems." But sometimes it's just too apt. With women in other parts of the world fighting to keep their clitorises, be allowed to drive, or just leave the house not wearing a black bag, listening to women in the United States complain about not being invited to a (someone else's) podcast network is pretty ridiculous.

Screenshot_20200126-094203.pngScreenshot_20200126-094203.png
    #533 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Thanks, Lloyd...can I change the link?

I would recommend starting a new thread for specifically discussing the newly announced pinball network.

#534 4 years ago

Sounds good...

I'm tapping out. Anyone else want to do this have at it.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I would recommend starting a new thread for specifically discussing the newly announced pinball network.

#535 4 years ago

I'm thinking the shelf life of this thread has expired.....Mods, please pull the plug.

Last person out please turn off the lights.

#536 4 years ago
    kyu-yong-eom-ocean-war-art (resized).jpgkyu-yong-eom-ocean-war-art (resized).jpg
    #537 4 years ago

What kinda nerd listens to a podcast?
    No thanks.

#538 4 years ago

I'm from Indy man where Bob and Tom originated. They're hilarious but after 30 minutes I gotta hear some music.
    Never understood the talk radio thing. Whatever. Nerd out to what you want to.

#539 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I definitely wasn't around back then, and am not aware of the full brunt of how he acted. A year or so ago I read about the event incident, and tried to read through posts he started, to try and get a feel for what his presence was like, and what that entailed.

Understand... the incident at the NYC tournament was just one thing that happened YEARS after he was banned from pinside. Thats not even the tip of the iceberg ... that was just like chapter 15 of a long dead case. Robin has already made his peace with chris.. but he’s not inviting him back. You cant even go back and read most of the stuff in question because it was deleted, fake accounts purged, and so on.

There is nothing to retort. The guy just can’t move on because as much as he likes to hate on this community- he still uses it. He could just take the info and move on... but that wouldn’t feed the drama engine.. so here we are.

#540 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Holy smokes man. What happened to your friend's Lebowski..... Glad you guys got it back together, and the episode had a nice flow and rapport to it!
    Is your one friend the brewer? Link to the brewery?

Shipping damage... to the level I’ve never seen before... unless you count the smashed corpse games that were from the original run of games. Those look like a pile of broken sticks. This one we think got dropped by a fork lift or dropped off a dock.

Maverick is the homebrew master... we just leech of his fine work . But the panel does operate games at different local breweries in the area too. Location pinball is surging around here due to efforts of friends and peers.

#542 4 years ago
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpegDD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg
    #544 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm thinking the shelf life of this thread has expired.....Mods, please pull the plug.
    Last person out please turn off the lights.

Or you could just stop coming here and reading what’s being posted. Unless of course the issue isn’t you not liking what’s being written here, but you not wanting other people to read what’s written here.

I agree though, it is a shame that some people decided to drag identity politics into pinball. But this thread gives me hope that there are still plenty of people who see through the fake outrage (and mental illness) called social justice.

#545 4 years ago
    Quoted from Globalcop:

Or you could just stop coming here and reading what’s being posted. Unless of course the issue isn’t you not liking what’s being written here, but you not wanting other people to read what’s written here.
    I agree though, it is a shame that some people decided to drag identity politics into pinball. But this thread gives me hope that there are still plenty of people who see through the fake outrage (and mental illness) called social justice.

Great post and spot on!

#546 4 years ago

crash-and-burn1.gifcrash-and-burn1.gif

zero.point.zero.gifzero.point.zero.gifAl-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gifAl-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    #547 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Catchy isn't it , and it can be used for so many occasions .
    I heard it listening to The Poor Man's Pinball Podcast . If you want to listen to a couple of people just talking shit and having a lot of fun , I can't recommend it highly enough . But be warned they are a couple of white guys , they might not be diverse enough for some people .

We have no diversity on our podcast because no one of ANY race or gender wants to talk to a couple of idiots like us
    but in all seriousness...I keep asking everyone where did this whole thing take such a nasty turn. We need to embrace the fun in pinball and get rid of the negativity.
    As for diversity...pinball is growing and getting more diverse however for a long time and even today...it is made up of majority white males ***gasp*** yep I said it. So statistically speaking a pinball network would probably be made up of ***gasp*** mostly white males.
    I listen to Backbox podcast on the regular and love what Lauren is doing.Her guests are fantastic. I follow Steve on fun with bonus. Everyone has an open invitation at The Poormans Pinball Podcast
    Let’s celebrate diversity and have these conversations but trying to force it by slinging mud and vitriol is not the way to do it.

#548 4 years ago
    Quoted from Globalcop:

Welcome to Pinside.

Generally when a topic becomes a train wreck like this one, the OP can choose to close it to avoid continuing drama. It has nothing to do with me "not wanting people to read what's written here" as you claim.

I tried to change the title but the mods changed it back.

Keep it...dump it....I really don't care.

#549 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Keep it...dump it....I really don't care.

If you hadn't have started it I would have , so it would be here regardless . I've been enjoying it . This is the Jerry Springer of threads , you never know what's going to happen next .

IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpgIMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    #550 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

If you hadn't have started it I would have , so it would be here regardless . I've been enjoying it .

This seems to be the consensus so carry on....

There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-the-podcasts-ending/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.