Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 647 posts
  • 167 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why are so many podcasts pulling the plug?”

• Oversaturation in the pinball podcasting market/ burnout. 204 votes
      66%
    • Something special coming up...stay tuned. 83 votes
      27%
    • Fishing for TWIPY votes. 20 votes
      7%

(307 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

160px-Cat_and_lion_in_mirror_illustration.svg (resized).png
    F4C66878-EC17-49BF-9CA7-896C0D49A57D (resized).jpeg
    3BC6163E-19AB-4777-A1BC-E5A69AF813CE (resized).jpeg
    6F0418D1-FD14-4727-A167-7DCA0AF4B25F (resized).jpeg
    0B129A03-C0EB-4146-BFC9-64667D904F71 (resized).jpeg
    3BA02CA9-47FE-4E08-AD68-CF0EC882C693 (resized).jpeg
    98FFFCD6-89F9-49DF-B225-E4AE72387BDE (resized).jpeg
    EA906A48-EF57-4FC0-9A0D-29E83C9A9F7C (resized).jpeg
    3BE58DFF-E859-43DF-8039-A29A66AD63AE (resized).jpeg
    B33C874E-67AF-40AC-95B3-651A351C1E3A (resized).jpeg
    18086-harvey-keitel (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200128_004804 (resized).jpg
    Al-Pacino-LaughSmoking.gif
    zero.point.zero.gif
    crash-and-burn1.gif
    DD831BDC-3A64-4C68-A7F0-0A7ACB3243D2.jpeg

There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.
    #451 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:https://backboxpinballpodcast.fireside.fm/30
    I don't have an issue with her, (and I will definitely give a listen to a different episodes of her podcast to give it a chance) but like I said, never heard of her prior to today. But I definitely can say I don't care about her feeling excluded. She seems to be a member of far more clubs, have far more support, spouses, far more DM's asking about her feelings, and the adoration of Jack Danger. These are all things I don't have, and I'm not wetting a diaper, stomping my feet on the ground, and using the excuse of personal exclusion, intimating gender discrimination or any other babble because I'm not being adorned with praise.
    More than this, believe in Groucho's wisdom. "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." Whether he said that or not, being a part of something, and being accepted solely for specific traits, conditions, and qualities, and not for your viability as an individual....is asinine.
    Side note. More Groucho.

And I'll tell ya, if you don't like Groucho, you're automatically kicked outta my No Club...Club. So hit the bricks, and go kick rocks already!!!

I love Groucho.

”I met her at the world's fair in 1900, marked down from 1940.”

#452 4 years ago

I just listened to the podcast and it is both a complex and simple issue. It is complex in that she is deeply into pinball and that it forms a part of her identity. She is big into and proud of being a female and of another race, which she should. She seems hurt that she and other diverse voices are not included in the TPN. I don't know if she was asked, not asked, whatever, but that is her perspective. Again, lots of complex emotions for her. Nobody has to understand or champion her point of view, but we should all acknowledge that it is her point of view. You can't tell people how to feel, and if you do, you are a dick.

On the simple side though, at the end of the day, this is not her podcast network. TPN is free to do whatever they want, and involve whomever they want. They are not the only game in town, and she and other podcasters are free to present whatever they want on their own, or to create their own syndicate.

Food for thought: I am not into the pinball "scene" and don't necessarily want to be into it. Just not my vibe. I don't play in tournaments, don't go to shows, and for me, pinball is a minor, minor distraction. I am sure that there are others like me who fit the bill and probably look at situations like this and say "whatever." For others, league night is a big part of their identity and represents significant things to them. Lauren seems to be in this camp. We don't have to empathize with her, but we can provide empathy.

#453 4 years ago

I assume all she has to do is start paying Zach some monthly dues & run annoying pukstadium & flippin promos all the time and she could be in?

#454 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Hope you've got plenty of co-branded after-Taco Bell party favors...[quoted image]

4354B7BD-9DD7-41E5-8BA0-D4C52087DFBC (resized).jpeg4354B7BD-9DD7-41E5-8BA0-D4C52087DFBC (resized).jpeg
    #455 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Modern technology has finally made it possible for science to capture the activity in my butt after consuming Taco Bell spiced soy, oat and meat by-products which they call "taco" and "burrito" and a number of other misleading names. Explains a lot...
    upset_lightning.gifupset_lightning.gif

#456 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I just listened to the podcast and it is both a complex and simple issue. It is complex in that she is deeply into pinball and that it forms a part of her identity. She is big into and proud of being a female and of another race, which she should. She seems hurt that she and other diverse voices are not included in the TPN. I don't know if she was asked, not asked, whatever, but that is her perspective. Again, lots of complex emotions for her. Nobody has to understand or champion her point of view, but we should all acknowledge that it is her point of view. You can't tell people how to feel, and if you do, you are a dick.
    On the simple side though, at the end of the day, this is not her podcast network. TPN is free to do whatever they want, and involve whomever they want. They are not the only game in town, and she and other podcasters are free to present whatever they want on their own, or to create their own syndicate.
    Food for thought: I am not into the pinball "scene" and don't necessarily want to be into it. Just not my vibe. I don't play in tournaments, don't go to shows, and for me, pinball is a minor, minor distraction. I am sure that there are others like me who fit the bill and probably look at situations like this and say "whatever." For others, league night is a big part of their identity and represents significant things to them. Lauren seems to be in this camp. We don't have to empathize with her, but we can provide empathy.

For sure! And i definitely want to listen to another episode here, when work settles down a bit. She definitely filled a void in her life, as we all have, with pinball. Ideally....that should be the aspect that brings us all together, versus gender, race, etc. I've played at breweries for fun, and been at tournaments, (don't play or wish too.. I'm awful) and I've always witnessed inclusivity, expressly based on individuals or groups....loving pinball.

This is a club where everyone seems pretty widely accepted, and genuinely I've seen very mellow, or just intense folks playing at events. They come in all shapes, sizes, ages, and hang out with people different than themselves. NO person is akin directly to another person. We are all unique, Mr. Rogers fucking knew and preached that. But here, I see her using her race and gender, to actually encourage empathy, pity, and acceptance. And for me, that is entirely contrary to the concept of fairness, exceptionalism, and most of all equality.

Whether we are male, female, white, black, young, old, we all need to develop skills to encourage the fruits of our labors. Here, from this one very particular incident, I'm hearing the contrary. That because we fall into "blank column" we deserve, demand an immediate pass and invitation. And for me, again for me alone, I feel that mentality allows weakness, not strength or talent or skill to be encouraged.

Besides, from that one episode alone, I can personally say I do not need to help anyone handle and cope with their insecurities, and for me those very lengthy 12 minutes, felt more akin to a therapy session, than a fun, informative, and engaging application to join a club or warrant a listen from anyone outside her own personal friend circle.

Just my thoughts, and again, feel free to give or not give a shit. I can, and need to handle it, either way. We all do....

Quoted from WeLoveScott:

I love Groucho.
    ”I met her at the world's fair in 1900, marked down from 1940.”

It's amazing how many of their gags still hold up. Make me smile almost immediately!

#457 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

For sure! And i definitely want to listen to another episode here, when work settles down a bit. She definitely filled a void in her life, as we all have, with pinball. Ideally....that should be the aspect that brings us all together, versus gender, race, etc. I've played at breweries for fun, and been at tournaments, (don't play or wish too.. I'm awful) and I've always witnessed inclusivity, expressly based on individuals or groups....loving pinball.
    This is a club where everyone seems pretty widely accepted, and genuinely I've seen very mellow, or just intense folks playing at events. They come in all shapes, sizes, ages, and hang out with people different than themselves. NO person is akin directly to another person. We are all unique, Mr. Rogers fucking knew and preached that. But here, I see her using her race and gender, to actually encourage empathy, pity, and acceptance. And for me, that is entirely contrary to the concept of fairness, exceptionalism, and most of all equality.
    Whether we are male, female, white, black, young, old, we all need to develop skills to encourage the fruits of our labors. Here, from this one very particular incident, I'm hearing the contrary. That because we fall into "blank column" we deserve, demand an immediate pass and invitation. And for me, again for me alone, I feel that mentality allows weakness, not strength or talent or skill to be encouraged.
    Besides, from that one episode alone, I can personally say I do not need to help anyone handle and cope with their insecurities, and for me those very lengthy 12 minutes, felt more akin to a therapy session, than a fun, informative, and engaging application to join a club or warrant a listen from anyone outside her own personal friend circle.
    Just my thoughts, and again, feel free to give or not give a shit. I can, and need to handle it, either way. We all do....

It's amazing how many of their gags still hold up. Make me smile almost immediately!

I agree with everything you said except listening to more of her podcast. I would rather run through hell in gasoline shorts than to listen to her again. I seriously just couldn't do it even if i wanted to.

#458 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

There is only one Jaws. The others do not count. I will allow The Meg, because it is funny as shit and not as horrible as one would think.

Have not seen that.

#459 4 years ago

I listened to that podcast. She is bat shit crazy! People can do any kind of podcast they want. She acting like some racist woman crime been committed. She should call mcgruff the crime dog about this travesty!

#460 4 years ago

This whole thread is a shit show!!!

#461 4 years ago

Just my two cents, which means nothing because I don’t take myself too seriously and I recommend that you don’t either.... but I consider myself a moderate liberal but this is what’s wrong with and ruining the whole liberal party is people trying to create outrage when there is none. Everyone is trying to “outwoke” each other so often that you make the very movement that you deem important into a joke. If you want people to take your issue seriously then you need to conserve it for when there is a REAL injustice.

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jsampel:

Jesus F’ing Christ, this whole thread is a shit show!!!

Got that right. Its a shame that Zach and Greg cant do what they want to do without having to deal with the diversity crowd holding their torches and pitchforks up at them. My support stops now for everyone involved in this bullshit. I refuse to support them anymore while they try to shove their weird agenda’s down my throat. Sometimes you are better off to just shut up and keep your politics and political correctness to yourself when you are in the entertainment business because you’re going to piss off half of your audience regardless of which side you are on.

#463 4 years ago

Starts to listen to podcast, listen to voice and looks at picture of lady on podcast, she is person of color, I'm confused?! Americans and skin tones are really hard to follow.

#464 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

she is person of color, I'm confused?!

#465 4 years ago

Mexican for lunch. Japanese for dinner.

74783485-2097-4EBB-8CA0-8F9E771EB48A (resized).jpeg74783485-2097-4EBB-8CA0-8F9E771EB48A (resized).jpegEDB81143-C37F-4605-93BA-C898ABCE2706 (resized).jpegEDB81143-C37F-4605-93BA-C898ABCE2706 (resized).jpeg
    #466 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Starts to listen to podcast, listen to voice and looks at picture of lady on podcast, she is person of color, I'm confused?! Americans and skin tones are really hard to follow.

I kinda thought the same thing too.

Well, always remember Gender/Race/Etc.>Talent/Experience/Wisdom.

Americans love the idea of the melting pot, but man we are the quickest culture to express invalidation or validation because of it, rather than simply let the flavors simmer and appreciate them.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/backbox-pinball-podcast/e/66496035?autoplay=true

I've been listening to her cast from a few episodes back. It's far more reasonable, engaging for sure. I don't listen to many opinion podcasts at this point though. Just kinda run down from them.

I guess it does seem weird, that she felt hurt from not being invited, but her show definitely seems based around women in pinball. I'm not stating that was anyone's prerogative in not asking her immediately, but there is an irony to being exclusive, then being upset.....at feeling excluded.

Overall, I kinda figured this entire network announcement would have the most disgruntled attitude coming from Kaneda. He seems to have held his tears back well, put on a brave face, and moved forward. Good for him!

#467 4 years ago

So I listened to the podcast. Maybe TPN not inviting her wasn't about gender/race, and was more about them thinking her podcast didn't fit or she isn't that good. So if you do a pinball podcast and you're not on TPN, does that mean you're screwed? If I play pinball on location why would I give a fuck whose there playing? I'm there to play pinball....

#468 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jsampel:

Just my two cents, which means nothing because I don’t take myself too seriously and I recommend that you don’t either.... but I consider myself a moderate liberal but this is what’s wrong with and ruining the whole liberal party is people trying to create outrage when there is none. Everyone is trying to “outwoke” each other so often that you make the very movement that you deem important into a joke. If you want people to take your issue seriously then you need to conserve it for when there is a REAL injustice.

Nailed it! This applies to conservatives as well.

#469 4 years ago

*Announcing*

NEW PINBALL NETWORK!!!

O.P.E.N.

Open Pinball Enthusiasts Network

Comming Soon!

I cant stand the advertising... etc.

Poormans are awesome!

#470 4 years ago

Where is the video she is referencing?

#471 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

If you really wanna bash K-man, how about mocking him for something he did that was actually dumb or showed poor judgement--ie. having to be physically removed from the NY Championships last year, due to inappropriate and disruptive behavior.

For real!? That's priceless! I wasnt around when he got booted from here, and I've not kept close tabs on the fella, or I'm sure I'd have heard about this. It takes a lot to get kicked out of a venue, I feel kinda bad now, imma lay off the guy

#472 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

For real!? That's priceless! I wasnt around when he got booted from here, and I've not kept close tabs on the fella, or I'm sure I'd have heard about this. It takes a lot to get kicked out of a venue, I feel kinda bad now, imma lay off the guy

Oh, it was quite the thing or so I hear. There's a closed thread about it somewhere here on Pinside. I wasn't there, so I'm not sure exactly what happened. He was spectating the championships, and then some stuff went down, and things got physical and I guess at one point he threw a drink in someone's face. Eventually, Crazylevi and security had to drag him out to the elevator and out of the venue.

And this was after he had supposedly turned over a new leaf in the hobby. I personally think the incident was a big factor in why K-man's ban wasn't lifted by Robin. But again, I wasn't actually there, so others could probably provide a more precise rundown. Crazy stuff!

#473 4 years ago

DCC9CFCE-3D7A-4507-8D74-325E518D88A7.jpegDCC9CFCE-3D7A-4507-8D74-325E518D88A7.jpeg
    #474 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I personally think the incident was a big factor in why K-man's ban wasn't lifted by Robin. But again, I wasn't actually there, so others could probably provide a more precise rundown. Crazy stuff!

That has nothing to do with why he's perma-banned from Pinside. Robin has given his reason why Canada won't be back numerous times over the years.

#476 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Not that it matters , but it's the Berenstain Bears not Richard scarry .
    What website was it on .

Thanks for the clarification. It's been about twenty years since I was reading them with my kids.

Now my son reads slot machine PAR Sheets and configuration files.....
    Time flies.

#477 4 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I don’t think you understand my point. To me, before you post something like that you really should make some attempt to get the facts of the situation. It doesn’t sound like Mr Danger made an attempt to contact any of the people involved in the network to see if they had contacted women to join nor did he contact Krystle Gemnich who in fact already was planning to join.

Correct. I don't understand your point. No worries for either of us.

#478 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Thanks for the clarification. It's been about twenty years since I was reading them with my kids.
    Now my son reads slot machine PAR Sheets and configuration files.....
    Time flies.

I used to love Richard scarry books and lowly worm , I just thought they didn't need to be dragged into this mess .

#479 4 years ago

I had totally forgotten about that thread .
    I like to look at the up and down votes to see what people are thinking . The funny thing is , I saw more than a few people that down voted Kaneda in that thread now up vote him in his defence . Either time heals all wounds or people just forget . He has publicly apologized and to me he sounded sincere . But I wasn't there , and I don't know his previous history on pinside so from the outside looking in I can fully understand why some people don't want to give him another chance .

#480 4 years ago

Interesting update to that post from Bigehrl, who is Jon, the owner of Jackbar in Brooklyn.
    A month ago Jon did a face to face interview with Kaneda at Jackbar and its one of Kman's best podcasts of all time. I learned to like and respect Jon as a person and as an operator from that podcast. I'm really glad he was able to put past issues aside and do a very candid, informative interview.

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-434-jon-from-jackbar

What Chris did that day to CrazyLevi, Tim Sexton and NYCPC was incredibly moronic and he deserves his ban from the tournament. He also earned his permanent ban from Pinside for what he repeatedly did to Robin, the Moderators and many good Pinsiders. Pinsiders that I like, admire and respect, even when they so quickly down-vote me for my Kaneda support.
    But I get it.

#481 4 years ago

So I listened to her entire episode on the subject and I'm sorry but if this was an interview for a position I would not hire this women. The only reason she provides as to why she should have been included is that she is working through some personal issues and has a vagina. If she had said here is what I bring, I have X number of episodes, I have Y number of followers on social media, I bring Z views on a weekly basis. Here is audio/video of my highlights and examples of my content and editing. Here is what I bring to the table as far as marketing and expansion. I drop my content at this time, on this day because it has proven to bring me the highest numbers and I feel if you have availability in this slot I could really help grow the network. Off the top of my head I would say 85% of the episode is her whining and being emotional, the rest she does mention women related causes and some type of chapters but she never explains what these chapters are. I just assume they are some type of women only groups. She doesn't provide goals/targets or any kind of roadmap of how she hopes to achieve them. She does drop some names about past and future guest but no context of who these people are and what they bring beyond that she loves them. I don't have issue with her very emotional delivery but I would expect her to clarify if that is the type of content she likes to deliver or what to expect when working together. Again if I was interviewing her I would tell her to properly prepare, present herself in a more professional manner and try again in the future.

#482 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

That's disturbing. Even I've never been kicked out of a tournament. JFC.

#483 4 years ago

Just a question to all those being asked to join the ‘network’ strictly because of your gender, ethnicity, etc. and regardless of talent - are you all okay with that?

#484 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

So I listened to her entire episode on the subject and I'm sorry but if this was an interview for a position I would not hire this women. The only reason she provides as to why she should have been included is that she is working through some personal issues and has a vagina. If she had said here is what I bring, I have X number of episodes, I have Y number of followers on social media, I bring Z views on a weekly basis. Here is audio/video of my highlights and examples of my content and editing. Here is what I bring to the table as far as marketing and expansion. I drop my content at this time, on this day because it has proven to bring me the highest numbers and I feel if you have availability in this slot I could really help grow the network. Off the top of my head I would say 85% of the episode is her whining and being emotional, the rest she does mention women related causes and some type of chapters but she never explains what these chapters are. I just assume they are some type of women only groups. She doesn't provide goals/targets or any kind of roadmap of how she hopes to achieve them. She does drop some names about past and future guest but no context of who these people are and what they bring beyond that she loves them. I don't have issue with her very emotional delivery but I would expect her to clarify if that is the type of content she likes to deliver or what to expect when working together. Again if I was interviewing her I would tell her to properly prepare, present herself in a more professional manner and try again in the future.

I listened to a few of her other casts last night, and they're definitely not in that emotional range, far more balanced.

#485 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I listened to a few of her other casts last night, and they're definitely not in that emotional range, far more balanced.

But regardless of that, she still showed who she really is in that one podcast. Her podcast also just aren't very good anyways. I have no desire to be around anyone that feels the way that she does. Sorry but theres got to be something mentally wrong with someone who thinks that way. Guess what though, Zach didn't invite me to be part of the team either and im an old angry white guy. Screw you Zach “Meanie”! I think I'm going to get on the internet and just tell everyone that he hates women and old angry white guys. We are people too dammit!

#486 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I guess it does seem weird, that she felt hurt from not being invited, but her show definitely seems based around women in pinball. I'm not stating that was anyone's prerogative in not asking her immediately, but there is an irony to being exclusive, then being upset.....at feeling excluded.

The new network group has likely monetized their new venture/partnership in some way, or they have plans to do so. My guess is they simply didn’t want to keep splitting the pie with people who were not bringing sponsors or support to the table. If this lady (or any other person) wants in on the new venture they should build up a base of support (like a Patreon club or some sponsors) to make themselves more desirable to be added to the partnership.

I listened to an episode of this lady’s content, seemed okay to me. I hope she is successful in bringing more women in to pinball. My wife is trying to get an women’s IFPA division going in Louisiana and it is incredibly challenging for her to get 8 commitments to hold the first tourney to launch the division. The numbers simply are not there in our area, sadly.

#487 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

But regardless of that, she still showed who she really is in that one podcast. Her podcast also just aren't very good anyways. I have no desire to be around anyone that feels the way that she does. Sorry but theres got to be something mentally wrong with someone who thinks that way. Guess what though, Zach didn't invite me to be part of the team either and im an old angry white guy. Screw you Zach “Meanie”! I think I'm going to get on the internet and just tell everyone that he hates women and old angry white guys. We are people too dammit!

I definitely have a lot of issues with how she presented her argument/demands, but that is also a small part of who she is, and I can only assess/judge so much from that sliver. And I only have an assessment due to her projecting openly an intimation publicly of discrimination.

That said....

Not going to go down the moral douchebag soapbox today like I did yesterday, but this constant Kaneda issue is just bizarro.

Firstly, people either seem to wish to be seen and validated by him, or sandbag him seemingly daily on this site.

Robin banned him, via his discretion, and it's his site. So be it. But for people to continually be able to slander him, question his character, air past transgressions and things that he did or said on here or offline, and to do so with NO ability for him to defend himself on here, is grotesque and pathetic. Where is the moderation in this daily bullying?

What an easy punching bag to make of this dude, huh? He can't hit back. And then when he does via his podcast, more fuel is tossed on the ever smoldering fires here. Who wins there, his haters or him???

For people that loathe him, for whatever bizarre personal reason (Did he skullfuck your dead Grannie???) maybe let his name and dastardly deeds smolder and fizzle out. But you guys jump nearly daily to resurrect him, ala Ben Kenobi, striking him down...making him more powerful as some weird Pinside Ghost.

It's sad. It's pathetic. Move on. Do something with your life, rather than verbally punch a dude in the face that can't directly hit back. Does his life, personality, podcast success, career, etc. irk you so much, as to you feeling the need to publicly douse him daily?

He's a person. He's apologized many times for things he did, and the ridiculous asinine behavior he had. I'd be curious for every critic of his, to have as open and revealing negative things out there in the spotlight, as you haters do to him daily. Stop. Throwing. Stones. And let it go for Christ's sake.

I have no horse in this race. Never met him, most likely never will. He has not skullfucked my dead Grannie either, to my knowledge anyway. I DO know, for one thing, that I won't endlessly take potshots and bully someone that has no direct way to correspond and defend themselves. That is not only possibly libel, but most of all COWARDLY.

End obnoxious boring verbal tirade. Stepping off douchebag soapbox and burning it.

#488 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

End obnoxious boring verbal tirade. Stepping off douchebag soapbox and burning it.

jesus please. Make sure to use some mouthwash after that post too.

#489 4 years ago

Yeah, and that OP just proposed to his wife on Kaneda’s podcast, so Kumbaya! We can all learn to enjoy each other.

Kaneda has certainly reinvented himself over the years, and what’s wrong with that? And what’s wrong with anyone stating their feelings and opinion (Backbox podcast). This thread is ridiculous.

#490 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Interesting update to that post from Bigehrl, who is Jon, the owner of Jackbar in Brooklyn.
    A month ago Jon did a face to face interview with Kaneda at Jackbar and its one of Kman's best podcasts of all time. I learned to like and respect Jon as a person and as an operator from that podcast. I'm really glad he was able to put past issues aside and do a very candid, informative interview.
    https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-434-jon-from-jackbar
    What Chris did that day to CrazyLevi, Tim Sexton and NYCPC was incredibly moronic and he deserves his ban from the tournament. He also earned his permanent ban from Pinside for what he repeatedly did to Robin, the Moderators and many good Pinsiders. Pinsiders that I like, admire and respect, even when they so quickly down-vote me for my Kaneda support.
    But I get it.

Did you not listen long enough to hear the proposal? Funny you left that out. It was a great podcast. I know Jon personally, and enjoy his perspective and contributions to the hobby.

#491 4 years ago

Just posting a link. Others were looking for it.

#492 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Mexican for lunch. Japanese for dinner.[quoted image][quoted image]

I only occasionally listen to podcasts but ....
    Where did you get the Red Valentine’s Day placemat with the dogs and flowers /valentines ?

#493 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

jesus please. Make sure to use some mouthwash after that post too.

Cool man, cool. Thanks for that valuable dialog. Does it ever come served with anything else other than a side of snark?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just posting a link. Others were looking for it.

No worries. Not directly inferred towards yourself, just towards the general tone I see near daily across threads. The unmitigated hate. It's sad.

Tossing a link out there, is only fuel though, to help make him appear foolish, again. Repeat, rinse, repeat. That seems the nature of this site all too often, and burning away at a dude who hasn't even posted on here, for literally years.

#494 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Cool man, cool. Thanks for that valuable dialog. Does it ever come served with anything else other than a side of snark?.

Its not snark for shark's sake, I find your post revolting & ludicrous.

#495 4 years ago

I suspect an incoming Kaneda podcast on this topic now lol.

#496 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Did you not listen long enough to hear the proposal? Funny you left that out.

I think the impact of something like that is best appreciated when people discover it on their own. As I did.
    It would have been off point and a spoiler for me to have mentioned it.

#497 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Its not snark for shark's sake, I find your post revolting & ludicrous.

If you do, then choose to elaborate versus the appearance of snark or a salty slam at me? Who are you anyway? I'd never dare take a shot at someone with what I assume is the angle you just took. I mean you're seemingly stating I suck his dick....because I don't wish to see someone slandered day after day after day? What an ass I must be.

What did he personally do to you? What have I done to you?

Let's maybe try an adult road, versus whatever angle you seem to prefer. Let's do that maybe.

Words, carefully chosen, and without barbs, slams, cheapshots, and condescension.

#498 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I only occasionally listen to podcasts but ....
    Where did you get the Red Valentine’s Day placemat with the dogs and flowers /valentines ?

My wife made it. She sews up a storm. I got soy sauce on it and pissed her off.

#499 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

If you do, then choose to elaborate versus the appearance of snark or a salty slam at me?

The is no point to talking it out. Nothing we say is going to change the others opinion on the subject.
    I don't have any issue with you personally, just your long letter claiming libel and slander, which is of course recockulus.

#500 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The is no point to talking it out. Nothing we say is going to change the others opinion on the subject.
    I don't have any issue with you personally, just your long letter claiming libel and slander, which is of course recockulus.

Ideally a forum is designed to allow opinions and thoughts to be voiced, and quite possibly shift or alter one another's in the process. I'm open to having my vision blurred, but I'm just not open to see someone be bullied daily.

Either let him defend himself in the forum, or ban malicious, salacious or blatant shit talk of the guy. Civility isn't asking for much, is it? If you think him the devil, don't act worse than the devil.

There are 647 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-with-all-the-podcasts-ending/page/10?hl=mjalexan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.