Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bugsy_D
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Went to buy some connector kits and an XPin display set but they are closed?! I caught his announcement on the site and thought maybe it was just a short term break (everyone needs those) but then I checked the his ebay store and that is closed to the 2nd? Anyone knows if he is okay? I would hate to loose another source for parts.

#2 1 year ago

Does anybody know where I can get an XPin display set for a Xenon? Also, looking for connector rebuild kits. I would rather do one order instead of multiple's, connector kits I can probably get from Marco, but the display's...

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bugsy_D:

Does anybody know where I can get an XPin display set for a Xenon? Also, looking for connector rebuild kits. I would rather do one order instead of multiple's, connector kits I can probably get from Marco, but the display's...

For displays, if you don't mind doing some soldering, I've always gone with the Wolfpac display kits. They're really great and are priced well.

For connector parts, use digikey, mouser, tayda, etc for parts. Typically way cheaper than anything marco sells and unfortunately, GPE is no longer in business either.

#4 1 year ago

Can you no longer buy directly from Xpin?

#5 1 year ago

08/25/2022: As of today, Big Daddy Enterprises is temporarily closed.

As of today, we are closed for business. All orders to date have shipped. When we will reopen is unknown, but we will reopen. There is no one single reason we are taking a break, but you can assume it's a variety of things. Pick any of these reasons and throw them up in the air and catch a few: Always too busy. Not enough free time. Never taking a day off and only dream of taking an actual vacation. Keyboard commandoes and irrational petty customer complaints. The passing of Lyman, Oursler, Marc, Jim Knight, Ed's wife, Wayne. Heart attack, threat of COVID, skin cancer, broken foot, arthritis, anxiety, stress, betrayal, copycats. PayPal constantly screwing me, unreasonable eBay return policies. It goes on and on. I'm fed up and tired. Once we feel more in control of life, we'll be back. We will be fully stocked and have more Big Daddy boards for sale, after finding the time to build them. You can email me below if you need something from me and I have time.

http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/index.htm

#6 1 year ago

This really is too bad they have always been a good source for stuff for me. I hope he can take some breathing room and get back into business. Customers can be brutal wanting something for nothing.

"New items, changes & additions to the website: Click Here for a full screen
    August 2022

08/25/2022: As of today, Big Daddy Enterprises is temporarily closed.

As of today, we are closed for business. All orders to date have shipped. When we will reopen is unknown, but we will reopen. There is no one single reason we are taking a break, but you can assume it's a variety of things. Pick any of these reasons and throw them up in the air and catch a few: Always too busy. Not enough free time. Never taking a day off and only dream of taking an actual vacation. Keyboard commandoes and irrational petty customer complaints. The passing of Lyman, Oursler, Marc, Jim Knight, Ed's wife, Wayne. Heart attack, threat of COVID, skin cancer, broken foot, arthritis, anxiety, stress, betrayal, copycats. PayPal constantly screwing me, unreasonable eBay return policies. It goes on and on. I'm fed up and tired. Once we feel more in control of life, we'll be back. We will be fully stocked and have more Big Daddy boards for sale, after finding the time to build them. You can email me below if you need something from me and I have time."

#7 1 year ago

Well that’s a shame. I get all of my PS rebuild kits from them. GPE was my source of other components:/

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I've always gone with the Wolfpac display kits

Not big on soldering up myself. I can do it but for all 5 displays? Would take me a Saturday to do them all.

Quoted from Xenon75:

Can you no longer buy directly from Xpin?

Reached out to Brett at XPin. He said that all of the inventory was at Big Daddy's and they aren't responding to email. He is trying to get some more stuff in because he doesn't want to shut down. What that means I don't know. None of my business. He asked me to just go on the Xpin site and get my name on the list of when it shows in stock. I will get an email then when he has it.

#9 1 year ago

While he's taking his well deserved break, he should hire somebody to update his 90's geocities style website. Come back in style!

#10 1 year ago

Boy does ALL of that make a lot of sense. Hope he gets the time off

#11 1 year ago

It is easy to see how it all can come to a head. For those of us getting older, the viewpoint on life changes.

Hope he finds direction and bounces back.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

While he's taking his well deserved break, he should hire somebody to update his 90's geocities style website. Come back in style!

Website is fine, just purchased $60 worth of stuff 2 weeks ago! Must have just slid in under the wire.

#13 1 year ago

Hey Guys, Todd here from Big Daddy. Just down, not out. There's things I need to catch up on, and I had made Big Daddy too high of a priority. Also, despite what was said above, I am answering all emails that need answered. *Also* if you need something, and it's not a complicated order, send me an email. If I'm out of a kit I'm not going to be able to help right now, but if I have it, I can try. Thanks for the support and emails, messages and texts I've received. Now, off to the garden!

#14 1 year ago

I just received like $250 worth of stuff last week... must have just barely made it.

Enjoy your break, Todd! Well deserved.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Hey Guys, Todd here from Big Daddy. Just down, not out. There's things I need to catch up on, and I had made Big Daddy too high of a priority. Also, despite what was said above, I am answering all emails that need answered. *Also* if you need something, and it's not a complicated order, send me an email. If I'm out of a kit I'm not going to be able to help right now, but if I have it, I can try. Thanks for the support and emails, messages and texts I've received. Now, off to the garden!

Always put yourself first! If you were incapacitated, or suffered some sort of stress-related medical emergency, we’re all be royally screwed.

Better to give yourself a vacation, unwind, and reprioritize than just slowly wear yourself out!

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bugsy_D:

Not big on soldering up myself. I can do it but for all 5 displays? Would take me a Saturday to do them all.

I ordered a set of displays (5) from Wolffpac a couple of weeks ago for a Williams game. First time order. Arrived very quickly and I had them all soldered and installed in about 2 hours. Excellent quality. I'd certainly do again.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Enjoy a well deserved break. I've ordered a bunch of kits from you over the years & they've been excellent.

Dont listen to the tech nerds, your website has an absolutely fantastic throwback style.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Todd- Thank you for all you do, have done, and many many years of excellent service.
    Enjoy your break and relax, you deserve it.

#19 1 year ago

Great Guy, hope he has a nice break

3 weeks later
    #20 1 year ago

Has anyone heard when Big Daddy is going to be back up, or even XPin? I just picked up another project pin, but it's missing the power supply and 3 score displays. I went and did the WolfPac displays for my Xenon, remembered why I didn't want to do them, but I wanted to get it done so I could get it out of the house and over to my son's. As long as they keep the displays behind the glass then they won't know how bad I solder. Kid's loved it though.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-up-with-big-daddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.