4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by novaguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2994 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

Stripped the light box panel off of an old Gottlieb game and saw this bell clapper on the 100k unit.is it original?

Ted

IMG_2994 (resized).JPGIMG_2994 (resized).JPG
    #2 4 years ago

Game?

#3 4 years ago

Not really sure as I only have the light panel but I was told it's either an old faithful or old king cole.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from novaguy:

Not really sure as I only have the light panel but I was told it's either an old faithful or old king cole.

Never seen anything like that in a Gottlieb but my experience only goes back to a '58.

#5 4 years ago

I remember seeing a photo of a stepper (on ebay?) sometime during the past six months or so that had a clapper just like that. I'm not sure if someone would have taken the effort to tap a screw hole on the drive arm to put in a clapper like that so I guess it's factory. Was there a bell where the screw on the coil housing is missing? If I remember right, that is where a bell was installed on the stepper image I saw that had a clapper like yours. Mr. Young probably knows...

Thanks for sharing!

#6 4 years ago

Some detailed pics of inside Old Faithful backbox on IPDB. None that I saw for Old King Cole.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1705&picno=62019&zoom=1

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from tfduda:

I remember seeing a photo of a stepper (on ebay?) sometime during the past six months or so that had a clapper just like that. I'm not sure if someone would have taken the effort to tap a screw hole on the drive arm to put in a clapper like that so I guess it's factory. Was there a bell where the screw on the coil housing is missing? If I remember right, that is where a bell was installed on the stepper image I saw that had a clapper like yours. Mr. Young probably knows...
    Thanks for sharing!

Ya the clapper doesn't look like a homemade job.just to note the panel had the light projection for the credit window.and yes there was a bell on it.

Ted

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.