(Topic ID: 231610)

What's the worst pin you've ever flipped?

By SantaEatsCheese

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by clempo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Uggggggg (resized).png
bcf (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

Striker Extreme comes to mind

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For those of you picking modern titles, how many titles have you actually played?

Lot of collectors stick to certain eras. Pretty common. In this thread I stuck to 89 and up because that is what I go after. Is Striker Extreme more fun to play than Soccer King's? (Never had mine running so honestly don't know) Maybe, but since SS is a different feel and style I cannot be objective on it relative to other SS games. In this case, I just know that striker extreme is a flaming hot piece of garbage that I would sooner stare at a wall than be forced to play for any length of time. Much as I hate Shaq Attack, I still at least found parts of shaq fun enough to pick it over Striker.

Quoted from jester523:

I played RZ at a pinball event 2 years ago, it was the earlier code, but it was f-ing awful. I just felt bad, because I want spooky to do well, but damn did I not enjoy the experience

Guys are making me nervous. I am set to pick one up next week at a great price. I had two games on a routed one locally, but the sound was near muted. I know its known for having issues (some of which were code based, some still needing to be fixed), but at the price couldn't say no. Also fits into my collection due to the rarity. Hope I am not making a mistake here.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I like Breakshot. But you have to treat it like an EM. The one I played at a show was an extremely nice example that played fantastic, which really helps.

Breakshot is fun, but on factory settings it is too easy. Open the outlanes, set the rules to hard and cut throat countdown becomes a stressful affair that keeps bringing you back.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

USA Football for me. Not gameplay wise, just my kids hated it and nobody ever played with me. But when I was selling it, I felt like a total douche when Tommy Skinner drove down 2 hours, lifted up the pf, and the power board looked like it was just baked in an oven. Black scorch marks all over it, 5 different hacks, it was fkn horrible. I had never lifted the pf (didn't know how oof). I was like OHHH.
He played a few games on Mustang then left, sans Firepit Football. He was a real cool cat about it, I just felt horrible about his drive.

One of the few weakness's I've found with alvin g's. They really cannot handle incandscents without burning the power supply boards up. That said, usa football is great trade bait and that power supply is easy enough to rebuild (I've redone three for my various games.) Its also not a bad game, shame your kids didn't like it, but that alone doesn't make it trash.

All this hate for RZ, and the more videos I watch the more I am looking forward to getting it. I have a gotten a number of oddball games that are hated and yet found I love. 24 and Avatar LE spring to mind. I hated both when they were new after playing a couple games on. Never touched either until they wound up in my collection and really do love both at this point. RZ's treatment reminds me of how pinside used to see BBH pro. It was hated for ages and ages. Took years for people to change their opinions and despite the code never getting updated, its now somewhat desirable. Not saying RZ will be or that I will like it, but I kind of wonder if early impressions did not ruin the game. Also, its unreliability on route doesn't phase me as capcoms had a similar problem. Hardly an issue in my house.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Shaq is peak system 3. I know thats like the best trash at the city dump, but still.... Shaq got game.

Sorry, but what? Shaq is flaming hot garbage and this is coming from someone who loves and has owned SF2 twice. Shaq at least has the basketball hoop to make it a novelty, but as a game, it is far from their peak when compared to Stargate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Boards
PinSound

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-worst-pin-you-ve-ever-flipped?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.