(Topic ID: 231610)

What's the worst pin you've ever flipped?

By SantaEatsCheese

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by clempo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Uggggggg (resized).png
bcf (resized).png
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

houdini, x-men, and doctor who.

You’re spoiled. There is soooooo much worse out there.

#152 5 years ago

Back in the late '80's - early 90's I would buy new in box pins left & right. I got a pretty good deal on (2) Bone Busters and (3) Class of 1812's. Those boxes sat in my barn for what seemed like years. Bear in mind there was no Craigslist or eBay back then so resales were primarily word of mouth and ads in the local newspaper. What a bitch of a time dumping those dogs. Finally sold the lot of 4 to some newb who claimed he was an operator. I had to explain how to set them up. Some "operator!"..Either way I think those were the last Gottlieb/Premier pins that I would buy.

#153 5 years ago

"Let the hate flow."

I find every pin has something to offer. It's pinball. I'll take an hour on a bad machine over an hour of work any day.

That being said, relatively speaking, Orbitor is pretty weird. I enjoyed the novelty of it and appreciate it's rarity, but I don't think I'd want it in anything but a crown prince of a third world country sized collection. I don't have that unfortunately.

#154 5 years ago

Tee’d off

#155 5 years ago

Pinball in general is good. But that said, Shaq Attack sucks.

#156 5 years ago

rolling stones pretty lame

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

I'll take an hour on a bad machine over an hour of work any day.

OK Sure. How aboot an hour of having to play Rolling Stones or just sitting on your couch doing nothing?

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Pinball in general is good. But that said, Shaq Attack sucks.

Shaq is peak system 3. I know thats like the best trash at the city dump, but still.... Shaq got game.

#159 5 years ago

I thought I hated Dr Who as well. Turns out after owning one for a while, it is a good multiplayer game. It certainly looses some strategy as a single player game... I had to play it about 200 times before I really wanted to try to be better at it.

#160 5 years ago

Rolling Stones and Captain Fantastic.
Both are lame ass themes to me and play like shit.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And that's always the rub with bringing games early to shows.
Half the people are happy to see a work in progress, the other half can get turned off from it. Like me and the ACNC, just fucking horrible, I try not to hold it against them but I'm not jazzed to play one, and I'm still mentioning it in this thread.

So disappointed that ACNC wasn’t better; I really really wanted that to be a home run

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I thought I hated Dr Who as well. Turns out after owning one for a while, it is a good multiplayer game. It certainly looses some strategy as a single player game... I had to play it about 200 times before I really wanted to try to be better at it.

It’s the music, I swear. That game is very fun but the specific tone of the music is really really annoying. Pinsound helps a -lot-

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Shaq is peak system 3. I know thats like the best trash at the city dump, but still.... Shaq got game.

Sorry, but what? Shaq is flaming hot garbage and this is coming from someone who loves and has owned SF2 twice. Shaq at least has the basketball hoop to make it a novelty, but as a game, it is far from their peak when compared to Stargate.

#164 5 years ago

I was going to say Hercules but then I saw it, "Bugs Bunny" and it all came back.. WOW! BAD

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OK Sure. How aboot an hour of having to play Rolling Stones or just sitting on your coach doing nothing?

Depends how cute the coach is

#166 5 years ago

I know this thread is kind of irritating but I don't think it's anything to get Tee'd Off about!

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s the music, I swear. That game is very fun but the specific tone of the music is really really annoying. Pinsound helps a -lot-

Dr. Who's music is one of the main reasons I wanted one. It's brilliant. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

#169 5 years ago

Without looking at anyone's post:

EM: El Toro
Modern: Rescue 911

Millionaire get's honorable mention for most deceiving.
Looks OK, then ends up being as terrible as it's reputation once you play it.

#170 5 years ago

Most people passed judgement on very early code on Domino's, it's come a long way....could definitely use more to clean things up but has improved greatly since release. Some dislike layout or theme that won't change lol. Worst game I've flipped was data east Simpsons, one ramp shot and ridiculously dangerous drops in the middle of the playfield, other shots pretty pointless.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dr. Who's music is one of the main reasons I wanted one. It's brilliant. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

I don’t mind it either, but I think it’s way cooler to have the different doctor’s themes play instead of just the single synthesised version

#172 5 years ago

I'm going to take this in a slightly different direction... Most disappointing. Worst game is kinda easy - low hanging fruit like Thunderbirds are new - but for worst grab me any of those completely sparse EMs from the mid 70s that Williams tried to pass off (#darling comes to mind... Skylab wasn't much better, but at least it had targets and a decent rule set...) Chi Coins like Hi-Score Pool and Big Flipper too... Bally wasn't innocent either when Ro Go comes to mind... Anyway.

- I'll agree with the Ghostbusters haters in the thread. I've played a few, some set like factory, some with 'regular' inclined flippers... I wanted to like this theme so hard and it's just a dog every time I play it. But my biggest disappointment has to be...

-Hankin Star Wars. Rare, fantastic theme, looks amazing AF... I finally got to play it (and likely will be the only one, right?) and the game was just... The flippers were weak and couldn't shoot the table. I'm not sure if that's a result of the import job done on it - but for as beautiful as it was and as mesmerizing as the glass was - the game played for absolute garbage. Bonus negative points for an ripped off PF layout and super dim displays you could barely see (again, wondering if the reimport process had issues with the power supply)

Then again - I'm a Street Fighter II apologist and still don't understand why that game gets so much hate (especially for the price!). You have a massive under PF toy, the whirlwind kick that makes many a ramp shot miserable, good side flipper action, and a few other decent shots... Is the code unbalanced AF - Yes, but you can tweak it significantly so the only glaring hole is holding the final multiball jackpot to an easy shot and going to town. I'd love to see someone release an update to the code that changes that to one super jack, not a repeatable super jack.

1 month later
#173 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Hook
RCT
Family Guy
LW3
RZ
Have not played Thunderbirds yet, but multiple people who I trust say it is truly awful and not something that could be saved by software. Shame because it's a cool theme. I look forward to trying it to see if it really is *that* bad.

I can't believe you lobbed FGY in there. Agree with your other choices thou.

#174 5 years ago

Just went through this tread & do not understand the dislike for Houdini. This title is so unique in all categories from layout to theme. Houdini is a sharpshooters dream w/ a extremely deep rule set that sets it apart from the entire pinball industry. This machine is built like a tank w/ alluring artwork that emits quality. For those who haven't truly spent some time on this title, give it a try because Houdini rocks! Looking very forward to Oktoberfest!

#175 5 years ago

Thunderbirds, Rock and Spy Hunter were all really terrible games.

#176 5 years ago

95% of the pins listed here are spot on. Two of the pins I flipped in less than a month were HS2 AND WCS. After one week I knew they were headed out the door. There have been several more but they have already been mentioned.

#177 5 years ago

Hercules

#178 5 years ago

I’m shocked that Mario Andretti is mot mentioned

#179 5 years ago

Hands down the absolutely worst pinball I ever owned was "The Avengers". What a piece of junk and I bought it NIB.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Was the glove not working properly? Ive never played JM, so i dont know how slow the glove normally is...

Even the original designer said the one thing he would change is speed up the glove...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
$ 18.95
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-worst-pin-you-ve-ever-flipped/page/4?hl=sdtminstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.