(Topic ID: 231610)

What's the worst pin you've ever flipped?

By SantaEatsCheese

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by clempo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Uggggggg (resized).png
bcf (resized).png

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 5 years ago

If we're just going out of things I've owned, Rob Zombie's Spookshow International. Bought it thinking I'd love it, really tried to love it for the first couple weeks, ended up hating it.

#102 5 years ago

America's most Haunted couldn't wait for the game to end.

#103 5 years ago

Bally El Toro. Excellent condition, finally got $100 for it after months - and selling about 20 other pins in inventory.

If I had a choice of playing it or nothing, i’d Choose nothing.

#104 5 years ago

I have predominately played pins from the 90s, 2000s and 2010s. To me, this is an easy choice: Thunderbirds. I have dropped quarters into a Thunderbirds on at least five occasions to make sure I was evaluating it properly. I’ve seen the owner of Homepin post here that the build of the pin is far better than any other brand. That is completely laughable, and the cabinet and lockdown bar feel incredibly cheap.

#105 5 years ago

Roy Clark. Picked it up for a song - see what I did there?- Fascinating piece of history. Got it working long enough for my 10 year old daughter to say 'This is boring.' Sold the drops for more than I paid for the whole thing.

#106 5 years ago

I loved Gottlieb's Genie - was it late 70's or early 80s? - so I was looking forward to getting a TOTAN (I thought the theme would be great). I don't think I've ever owned anything for a shorter period of time....

#107 5 years ago

Hardbody
Hollywood Heat
SPY Hunter

Would be my top 3 worst pins

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I take it you haven’t played Thunderbirds. It makes Rob Zombie look like a masterpiece.

I have not, and honestly I have little desire to. But sure, I'd flip it if I was in front of it so I could compare.

#109 5 years ago

Thunderbirds

#110 5 years ago

Hercules

#111 5 years ago

USA Football for me. Not gameplay wise, just my kids hated it and nobody ever played with me. But when I was selling it, I felt like a total douche when Tommy Skinner drove down 2 hours, lifted up the pf, and the power board looked like it was just baked in an oven. Black scorch marks all over it, 5 different hacks, it was fkn horrible. I had never lifted the pf (didn't know how oof). I was like OHHH.
He played a few games on Mustang then left, sans Firepit Football. He was a real cool cat about it, I just felt horrible about his drive.

#112 5 years ago

Magic Girl

Candy for the eye but so boring to flip

#113 5 years ago

Dungeons & Dragons.......What a dog of a machine!

#114 5 years ago

Jetsons....played one ball at expo and walked away.....

#115 5 years ago

Rescue 911

#116 5 years ago

I know this will ruffle some feather but I absolutely cannot stand Williams Indian jones. I hate that game so much. I know it doesn’t make sense but I can’t stand it.

#117 5 years ago

Thunderturds, played one extremely long boring ball and walked away.
I have owned a Rob Zombie and it wasn't even that bad compared to that game.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

What is the worst pin you've ever personally played?
For me personally, it's Shrek. Hated it. What's your worst?

I wanted Family Guy bad, then I got one....love the theme, but god did it suck....I hated it, sold it and never looked back...

But worst game I played would be...Spy Hunter, absolutely horrible.

#119 5 years ago

I had a Congo on a Harbor Freight lift with the legs off and head down, preparing it for shipment out of state and it flipped off the lift onto it's side on the concrete so this qualifies for the worst flip I've ever done.

#120 5 years ago

I’ll play pretty much anything as long as it works ok. I always think about the people that designed and built the machine and the passion/stress they went through to make it possible. I realize some games are better than others, but it’s hard to beat a night of playing any pinball machine with people you like spending time with.

#121 5 years ago

What can you do, haters gonna hate! If you liked the movie then you'll love the pin! Who doesn't like shooting pinballs at a floating Exxon Valdez?

Anyways, the worst game at the arcade right how is hand's down JJPOTC. Two steep plastic ramps a few inches from your flippers, a ball save that lasts microseconds. a 'shot' to the backfield that simply traps the ball behind a plastic post, a cannon 'toy' that is nothing but a drop off, and modes that are 125 random combinations of 3 shots.

I see more people playing F-14 Tomcat than this dud!

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

If you liked the movie then you'll love the pin!

Ah, so you're the one.

#123 5 years ago

My reaction too. Everyone entitled to their opinion, but that made me pause hard.

Surprised to see all the hate for Houdini though.. but then I remembered this is Pinside, half those people have never actually played one, and the other half probably had the misfortune to play one of the early show games, which was .. bad. It was bad. It’s not any more.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

... probably had the misfortune to play one of the early show games, which was .. bad. It was bad. It’s not any more.

And that's always the rub with bringing games early to shows.
Half the people are happy to see a work in progress, the other half can get turned off from it. Like me and the ACNC, just fucking horrible, I try not to hold it against them but I'm not jazzed to play one, and I'm still mentioning it in this thread.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I loved Gottlieb's Genie - was it late 70's or early 80s? - so I was looking forward to getting a TOTAN (I thought the theme would be great). I don't think I've ever owned anything for a shorter period of time....

So TOTAN was the worst game you ever played? I mean it has its flaws but you can’t be serious!

#126 5 years ago

Another for Bugs Bunny...for worst played, thankfully I’ve never owned or had to flip

#127 5 years ago

Not the worst game I ever played, but the worst I owned and flipped.

#128 5 years ago

I'm hoping it's going to be X-Files when I get one but I'm want to make some money if I find a nice auction

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

it flipped off the lift

Moral of the story......don't piss off the lift.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from stevep-uk:

Motordome is atrocious. Bugs bunny and pool sharks are a waste of space too

Motordome is pretty fricking horrible.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I like Breakshot. But you have to treat it like an EM. The one I played at a show was an extremely nice example that played fantastic, which really helps.

Breakshot is fun, but on factory settings it is too easy. Open the outlanes, set the rules to hard and cut throat countdown becomes a stressful affair that keeps bringing you back.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

USA Football for me. Not gameplay wise, just my kids hated it and nobody ever played with me. But when I was selling it, I felt like a total douche when Tommy Skinner drove down 2 hours, lifted up the pf, and the power board looked like it was just baked in an oven. Black scorch marks all over it, 5 different hacks, it was fkn horrible. I had never lifted the pf (didn't know how oof). I was like OHHH.
He played a few games on Mustang then left, sans Firepit Football. He was a real cool cat about it, I just felt horrible about his drive.

One of the few weakness's I've found with alvin g's. They really cannot handle incandscents without burning the power supply boards up. That said, usa football is great trade bait and that power supply is easy enough to rebuild (I've redone three for my various games.) Its also not a bad game, shame your kids didn't like it, but that alone doesn't make it trash.

All this hate for RZ, and the more videos I watch the more I am looking forward to getting it. I have a gotten a number of oddball games that are hated and yet found I love. 24 and Avatar LE spring to mind. I hated both when they were new after playing a couple games on. Never touched either until they wound up in my collection and really do love both at this point. RZ's treatment reminds me of how pinside used to see BBH pro. It was hated for ages and ages. Took years for people to change their opinions and despite the code never getting updated, its now somewhat desirable. Not saying RZ will be or that I will like it, but I kind of wonder if early impressions did not ruin the game. Also, its unreliability on route doesn't phase me as capcoms had a similar problem. Hardly an issue in my house.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Shaq Attack, MS Frankenstein, Independence Day.

This thread is hilarious. Some of people's most hated games here are in my collection as one of my favorites.

MS Frankenstein is an awesome pin and is not leaving my collection. Might be the best Sega made.

I however DO agree with you on Shaq Attack (that I owned but finally was able to trade it away) and Independence Day.

Other ones that I am not in love with are Riviera (EM), X-Files and definitely MotorDome (of which i owned all three).

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

My reaction too. Everyone entitled to their opinion, but that made me pause hard.
Surprised to see all the hate for Houdini though.. but then I remembered this is Pinside, half those people have never actually played one, and the other half probably had the misfortune to play one of the early show games, which was .. bad. It was bad. It’s not any more.

Agreed. Seems like there is hate for Houdini even thou someone must like it to be #38 in the TOP 100 here.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I gotta hear this..hopefully there is more than the "pop feed out of the bumpers."

Yep that as well as a shitty designed magnet, if I play shitty and pay for it, cool but if there is design flaws that takes fair play out then the machine is shit.

#135 5 years ago

I have to get out and play some of these games to see how bad they really are. I only have played probably less tha 100 different pins in my life so I can’t comment on most of what anyone says.

I remember playing Fire and hated it. I tried many times to get into it but after about a week I just stopped playing.

#136 5 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic- fastest game to leave my collection. I could not get rid of that game fast enough, the slow ass glove killed flow and ruined the game. I have to admit I got a good chuckle when I saw JM rated #7 on the TWIP's top 10 Smoothest Shooting Flowiest Pinball Machines? https://thisweekinpinball.com/top-10-smoothest-shooting-flowiest-pinball-machines/
Are you kidding me? JM is one of the worst flowing games ever-because of the glove. My definition of flow: Flow is when a game has a design that helps decrease the amount of stop and go and the speed of the ball returning from ramps, etc. to the return lanes helps increase the overall games-'flow'. Not trying to offend anyone-I know lots of people who love JM.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Johnny Mnemonic- fastest game to leave my collection. I could not get rid of that game fast enough, the slow ass glove killed flow and ruined the game. I have to admit I got a good chuckle when I saw JM rated #7 on the TWIP's top 10 Smoothest Shooting Flowiest Pinball Machines? https://thisweekinpinball.com/top-10-smoothest-shooting-flowiest-pinball-machines/
Are you kidding me? JM is one of the worst flowing games ever-because of the glove. My definition of flow: Flow is when a game has a design that helps decrease the amount of stop and go and the speed of the ball returning from ramps, etc. to the return lanes helps increase the overall games-'flow'. Not trying to offend anyone-I know lots of people who love JM.

Was the glove not working properly? Ive never played JM, so i dont know how slow the glove normally is... But i do know that a lot of people have technical issues with it.

Run down machines really change the playability for me.

I played a woz that was so screwed up that i hated playing it. I played one in good condition later and loved it. Same thing with addams family. One with hardly any lighting was awful, but i played several other machines thst i really liked.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I remember playing Fire and hated it. I tried many times to get into it but after about a week I just stopped playing.

Nothing to see here. Fire! Is pretty bad.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Play orbits, modes and Yakuza instead of MB all day and you’ll see the flow this game has. Outside of locking balls, non-stop action.

#140 5 years ago

At pinball shows I'll walk past the Bally Spectrum every time. I truly love Ballys of that era, but that is not enough. I think I may suffer Spectrum PTSD.

~Steveo

Uggggggg (resized).pngUggggggg (resized).png
#141 5 years ago

The plastic slings are rough, but man I like that game a lot. Would love to add one some day that isn’t insanely priced. It’s a novelty pin at the end of the day and should be priced as such. Hopefully the price comes down.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Play orbits, modes and Yakuza instead of MB all day and you’ll see the flow this game has. Outside of locking balls, non-stop action.

Agree 100%. It’s not all flow, but the Ramps and Orbits make a lighting fast flow and at those speeds keeping it going is more timing than even tracking the ball. The locks to the hand give you a breather.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My definition of flow: Flow is when a game has a design that helps decrease the amount of stop and go and the speed of the ball returning from ramps, etc. to the return lanes helps increase the overall games-'flow'.

You don't need to shoot for the glove and can even disable it. The ramps and loops are very fast with flow. I never understood why the glove gives so many people heartburn when physical ball locks or mode starts slow down flow on so many beloved machines. Is it really that different then selecting a new song on ACDC or the TZ power playfield.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nothing to see here. Fire! Is pretty bad.

#145 5 years ago

Hook
RCT
Family Guy
LW3
RZ

Have not played Thunderbirds yet, but multiple people who I trust say it is truly awful and not something that could be saved by software. Shame because it's a cool theme. I look forward to trying it to see if it really is *that* bad.

#146 5 years ago

The game I owned that I believe I enjoyed the least was Nightmare on Elm Street.
It just really wasnt any fun to me at all.

#147 5 years ago

Newer Stern Games. Nothing from Monopoly thru World Poker Tour was any good. Although I Haven't played anything newer than WPT, was tired of being disappointed.
Any Gottlieb game not named Tx Sector too.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Jr99svt:

Newer Stern Games. Nothing from Monopoly thru World Poker Tour was any good. Although I Haven't played anything newer than WPT, was tired of being disappointed.

You are missing out.

#149 5 years ago

houdini, x-men, and doctor who.

#150 5 years ago

To me Houdini is a really good game. I wanted to not like it based on their early association with JPop, but it has grown on me a lot. I think it's easily better and more fun than any JJP game. The hate for it here is unfounded if you ask me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-worst-pin-you-ve-ever-flipped/page/3?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.