(Topic ID: 231610)

What's the worst pin you've ever flipped?

By SantaEatsCheese

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by clempo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Uggggggg (resized).png
bcf (resized).png

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

What is the worst pin you've ever personally played?

For me personally, it's Shrek. Hated it. What's your worst?

#2 5 years ago

Bally Circus, boring

#3 5 years ago

Shrek couldn't be nearly as bad as Stern NFL, for example. You need to get out more and play some worse games!

#4 5 years ago

Dialed In.

#5 5 years ago

Any location game I dumped money into only to find out it doesn't work.

#6 5 years ago

I might get some flak for this but Hardbodies tops my list. Very lazily made game.

#7 5 years ago

Thunderbirds,Domino's pizza pinball, and Houdini.

#8 5 years ago

I have played a lot of pinball, just not a lot of different machines. So with that being said, (and sorry if there are fans out there) but I really don't care for Sterns Indiana Jones.

#9 5 years ago

I find GOTG to be pretty bad. The game just feels so disjointed. I feel like you're just shooting lit shots while movie scenes are playing. Stern could've basically dropped any movie scenes into the game and people wouldn't notice. Like when I don't finish a mode there's not an alternative ending it just ends the movie clip and plays music. When I play the mode again, the movie clip just starts over again. So fk'n boring.

#10 5 years ago

Striker Extreme comes to mind

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I find GOTG to be pretty bad. The game just feels so disjointed. I feel like you're just shooting lit shots while movie scenes are playing. Stern could've basically dropped any movie scenes into the game and people wouldn't notice. Like when I don't finish a mode there's not an alternative ending it just ends the movie clip and plays music. When I play the mode again, the movie clip just starts over again. So fk'n boring.

Nonsense. GOTG is a great game, and very accessible to casual/new players. It's also one of the best Pro's Stern has ever made, with no compromises on the main mech. Drop in Cleland's sound mod and it's damn near perfect.

It's doing well on route, and is probably the most common game I see in my area.

#12 5 years ago

Big Flipper

#13 5 years ago

Top of my list is Cue Ball Wizard. For a DMD pin, it is really, really boring. Nice looking playfield and I like the cue ball gimmick. Played it after a few sodas at a bar, enjoyed it, bought one later, brought it home, played 2 games sober and knew it had to go. Took awhile to get rid of that turd.

#14 5 years ago

Stern NFL

#15 5 years ago

Jetsons

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For me personally, it's Shrek.

I actually kind of liked it That, and Family Guy

Quoted from Deez:

I find GOTG to be pretty bad.

I also enjoyed that one, actually.

For those of you picking modern titles, how many titles have you actually played? There are quite literally thousands of titles out there. I've had my hands on probably close to 300 different titles at this point from the 60s up through to games released this past summer, and that's barely scratching the surface. There are games that are far worse than just a few of the most modern titles. Personally, I can't put any of the modern titles that came out in the last few years at the absolute bottom of my list. Not all of the knock it out of the park, but they do have some redeeming qualities.

I think Laser Ball was probably the worst one I've played. I also think Panthera is another dud. The artwork on both look interesting, but the gameplay is not.

#18 5 years ago

Of the games I owned the greatest variance between expectation and reality was F-14. There are so many things on the game that I like, yet the package somehow didn't equal the sum of it's parts. The biggest issue for me was too much effort goes into getting the balls into three physical ball locks. I'd rather have one lock that holds three balls and use the other wireforms to return the balls to the flippers. Is F-14 the least "flowing" Steve Ritchie game? Anyway, the actual game I've owned that I disliked the most was Solar Ride. I didn't have high expectations there though. The two main things I disliked about that game were: 1) The best strategic shot in the game is trying to get the ball back to the shooter lane. 2) Heavy reliance on scoring all of your points during the bonus.

#19 5 years ago

Care to explain? Just curious.

#20 5 years ago

Arena. That skill shot is just plain horrible and it's the best part of the game. Not a real huge fan of any of the Premiere games to be honest.

#21 5 years ago

Some other bad games that come to mind are Raven, spring break, and Hollywood heat.

#22 5 years ago

2nd vote for Cue Ball Wizard... so bad

#23 5 years ago

Oh man, there's plenty worse premiers than that....mostly becauze they lack the skill shot

#24 5 years ago

I had a three way tie: Thunderbirds, Raven, Dominos. Even a low price couldn't make them fun for me.

#25 5 years ago

Star Wars Ep.1

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I had a three way tie: Thunderbirds, Raven, Dominos. Even a low price couldn't make them fun for me.

I'm honestly curious about Dominos. I've only played a handful of games, but in those games the shots feel good. Did you dislike the shots, theme, rules, all of the above? Don't get me wrong, I would never want to own one, but I'm just wondering if others actually enjoy the shots, or if that's just me.

#27 5 years ago

Rob Zombie - I couldn't keep that game dialed in without something else breaking or not working correctly. My review has more detail on issues I had. It was the worst built pin I ever owned in 20 years of collecting. It was also the most difficult pin I ever tried to sell (which took nearly a year) and I lost my shirt on the sale. So, I cant say I flipped it. I still have pinball PTSD over the whole debacle.

No offense to those who own or like the game.

#28 5 years ago

Gottlieb timeline: horrible sound and a wide body playfield with nothing to shoot at. I never figured out that freakin tic tac toe thing either. Game was in nice shape otherwise. Could not wait to get rid of it.

#29 5 years ago

Torpedo Alley, I just couldn't stand the callouts on it.

#30 5 years ago

I had an Airborne Avenger I Gave up on, Last I saw of it, it was wedged into a guys trunk and I had $100 in my pocket. probably 82 or83

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I didn't like Dominos either. Thought I was the only one.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm honestly curious about Dominos.

That game was just horrible; Felt like a garage made pinball machine. Just totally uninspired, boring, went on forever no idea what the hell was happening ; walked away.
Alice Cooper I've said many times was maybe the worst thing ever... But it was early (none at all?!) code and a totally horrible. I'll give a pass for that one.

Quoted from Cheddar:

I didn't like Dominos either. Thought I was the only one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-vs-domino-s-vs-jetsons-vs-thunderbirds

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Gottlieb timeline: horrible sound and a wide body playfield with nothing to shoot at. I never figured out that freakin tic tac toe thing either. Game was in nice shape otherwise. Could not wait to get rid of it.

Tutorial here starting at 6:14:

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Rob Zombie - I couldn't keep that game dialed in without something else breaking or not working correctly. My review has more detail on issues I had. It was the worst built pin I ever owned. It was also the most difficult pin I ever tried to sell (which took nearly a year) and I lost my shirt on the sale. So, I cant say I flipped it. I still have pinball PTSD over the whole debacle.
No offense to those who own or like the game.

I played RZ at a pinball event 2 years ago, it was the earlier code, but it was f-ing awful. I just felt bad, because I want spooky to do well, but damn did I not enjoy the experience. I heard it's better now.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

2nd vote for Cue Ball Wizard... so bad

I actually enjoy my CBW. The video modes are dull, and by the time I explain them to someone playing the time has expired. I also wish it had a ball saver option. Other than that, good music, sound effects and light show - and unique layout: I love the extra slings at the top and plenty to shoot for. There are definitely lots of worse games, I just don't get all the hate.

#36 5 years ago

Kings of Steel. What an absolute piece of crap. I swear I sold it for $350 fully working and it was in good shape. I made -$50 on that game. LOL.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

There are definitely lots of worse games, I just don't get all the hate.

Some people just expect to see Bally/Williams features and attributes on Gottlieb games and then don't like Gottlieb games when they don't feel like Bally/Williams games.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For those of you picking modern titles, how many titles have you actually played?

Lot of collectors stick to certain eras. Pretty common. In this thread I stuck to 89 and up because that is what I go after. Is Striker Extreme more fun to play than Soccer King's? (Never had mine running so honestly don't know) Maybe, but since SS is a different feel and style I cannot be objective on it relative to other SS games. In this case, I just know that striker extreme is a flaming hot piece of garbage that I would sooner stare at a wall than be forced to play for any length of time. Much as I hate Shaq Attack, I still at least found parts of shaq fun enough to pick it over Striker.

Quoted from jester523:

I played RZ at a pinball event 2 years ago, it was the earlier code, but it was f-ing awful. I just felt bad, because I want spooky to do well, but damn did I not enjoy the experience

Guys are making me nervous. I am set to pick one up next week at a great price. I had two games on a routed one locally, but the sound was near muted. I know its known for having issues (some of which were code based, some still needing to be fixed), but at the price couldn't say no. Also fits into my collection due to the rarity. Hope I am not making a mistake here.

#39 5 years ago

Disco Fever comes to mind.

#40 5 years ago

Wwe wrestlemania or Austin powers probably

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Wwe wrestlemania or Austin powers probably

Buh Buh bang for buck and Ironman layout...
Truly horrible

#42 5 years ago

TNA, I know it has a wide bunch of hardcore fans, so I gave it a try, and another one, and even more than that, but it just didn't click for me.

#43 5 years ago

Houdini.

#44 5 years ago

Houdini

#45 5 years ago

I hate to say this, because it makes me feel bad since I love Charlie and Spooky, but easily Rob Zombie. I've played hundreds of different games, from all eras, and very few times do I walk away without finishing my game. I can only think of three off the top of my head.

I walked away from Star Wars Episode 1, but it was set to 5 balls, and I just couldn't care enough to actually flip that 5th ball and bailed.

I barely consider Varkon a pin, but it's just so boring, after rowing the joysticks for a while I stopped.

Rob Zombie though just felt awful. When I plunged my first ball and it got trapped behind the drop target that should have been the sign. I shook it free and stuck with it, but it didn't get any better. Nothing feels good on that game, it's a clunky mess. It should have had 3 more whitewood revisions or something, it's half baked and not all there. After ball 2 my friend and I just looked at each other and nodded and walked away.

I have no interest in every trying to play it again. Sorry Charlie! You're the man to me still, but that layout should have been more ruthlessly revised imo.

#47 5 years ago

Haunted House
Meteor
Hollywood heat

#48 5 years ago

Motordome is atrocious. Bugs bunny and pool sharks are a waste of space too

#49 5 years ago

Checkpoint

#50 5 years ago

Walking dead!! Soooo many design flaws!! It's the only machine I've owned that I almost flipped over lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-worst-pin-you-ve-ever-flipped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.