(Topic ID: 285187)

What's the score?

By Foxxstone_80

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

All the scoring displays abruptly stopped working on my 1987 Bally Escape from the lost world. I found the FU2 fuse on the high voltage board was blown (3/4a fast blow). I replaced the fuse and all the scoring displays worked again for several games but then was blown again a day later. I checked the high voltage test points with a DMM and got 183 for TP2 (190) and 243 for TP3 (230). Would TP3 reading above the recommended rate be a sign of an issue or is that an acceptable number? I also read on pinrepair.com that a blown FU2 fuse can be caused by one of the 1n4004 diodes (D5-D8). So I plan to test those 4 diodes, but Is there anywhere else I should be looking first to diagnose this issue? Also if the diodes all test fine what should be my next action? Thanks in advance guys!

http://www.pinrepair.com/6803/index.htm#fuses

#2 3 years ago

Update: The FU2 fuse blows immediately when the machine is turned on now. Diodes d5-d8 all tested fine, I replaced them anyway since I already had the board out and it wasn't that much extra work. Of course the FU2 still blew immediately when the machine is turned on, everything else still works fine. Does anyone have any ideas for what to look at next?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.