(Topic ID: 258390)

What's the name of that game anyway?

By Apinjunkie

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Looking for the title of a game, I only played once or twice 20 years ago. It's an em , probably from the 40s or 50s. it's a horse racing theme with colored mechanical horses in the back glass area that move along on a chain, each horse advances individually when it's colored pop bumper is hit. it was a blast to play with plenty of room for side bets for added entertainment. I've looked through the pinside database and not found this title of course it would help if I knew what this title is called. Any help on this matter would be appreciated

#3 4 years ago

Hayburners?

#4 4 years ago

Thank you, it was nags just checked out the archive. Now I'll be able to sleep at night. If anyone has it as a project I would be all about it.

#5 4 years ago

Sadly you are looking for one of the most expensive machines from that era. Three or four years ago I sold 1/2 of a Nags for $900. I bought a group of "parts machines" and in the lot was a Nags body that was missing the head. The body & playfield were in decent overall condition - but not perfect - and just that body brought $890 or $900 (I don't remember the exact price). On top of that was several hundred dollars in shipping cost to get it to the buyer.

It is rare to see a Nags come up for sale at any price but when they do you are typically looking that $2500 (or more) for one. A very unique game with animated backbox & the revolving pop bumper area on the playfield makes this a machines lots of collectors are chasing. It is the only machine ever made with that revolving pop bumper area as far as I know.

I have not followed current values on any Nags machines sold recently but when I was going to try and sell the body I did a good bit of research on it and prices were insane at that time. I have to assume they are still fairly high since you just don't see one for sale often.

#6 4 years ago

Wow, this just hit me with a wave of nostalgia. There was a roadhouse bar on the outskirts of town, my dad would take me along with when he went day drinking with his buddies (late 70's/early 80's, things were a little different back then lol). They had a Nags, and an EM shooter called Arctic gun. I'd get a fist full of dimes from my dad and his pals and play them all day. I've never seen either of those two games again after that place moved them out in the early 90's and put in more modern games like Addams Family and Elvira and the Party Monsters.

#7 4 years ago

You're about spot-on on the price just saw one listed at 3200. Played one that was in great working condition in Pikes Peak Colorado 15 years ago and it's always stuck in the back of my head as being a fun game to play. Once you get past those out lanes right next to the flippers.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Wow, this just hit me with a wave of nostalgia.

Pinball, you never forget your first

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-name-of-that-game-anyway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.