(Topic ID: 277092)

What's the history with the Kaneda controversy?

By GeekedOnPinball

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D261D65D-4A5B-4EDC-B8CB-E2C8F77492FB (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

#1 3 years ago

I'm fairly new to the community and have dove in head first into the hobby and I'm just obsessed with collecting, playing, reading about it, etc. I've seen a few weird things about Kaneda. I listened to two episodes of his podcast and it was pretty awesome. I was just curious what the controversy was with this guy.

#2 3 years ago

You can most likely find some answers on KLOV since he was kicked off the arcade forums first. Then he went to Pinside and got kicked off this forum. His fiance also left him when he turned his apartment into an arcade complete with TMNT bed sheets.

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/photos/guy-turns-nyc-apartment-arcade-loses-fiance-24013039/image-24015356

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I'm fairly new to the community and have dove in head first into the hobby and I'm just obsessed with collecting, playing, reading about it, etc. I've seen a few weird things about Kaneda. I listened to two episodes of his podcast and it was pretty awesome. I was just curious what the controversy was with this guy.

In the past he has gone on the attack against people. For example he called Pat Lawlor Lord Lawlor, and went on a rant. I think that is what got him in trouble / why he "retired" for a couple of months. Positive or negative, I always find him entertaining.

#4 3 years ago

He was banned from Pinside for having multiple accounts that he would use when his other accounts got suspended. His protests and begging to let back on Pinside always ignore this fact.

(Hi, Kaneda. You know it's true.)

#5 3 years ago

Does anyone have time to write a book?

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from mr9865:

In the past he has gone on the attack against people. For example he called Pat Lawlor Lord Lawlor, and went on a rant. I think that is what got him in trouble / why he "retired" for a couple of months. Positive or negative, I always find him entertaining.

You’re missing about 5 years of history lmao

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

This

#8 3 years ago

He's a real drama queen always trying to draw attention to himself by attacking very active popular people here on Pinside. After he was banned here on Pinside, he started posting on Facebook "Look they're talking about me on Pinside", attacking Pinsiders, etc. just on Facebook instead of on Pinside.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Check with that gameuseum place, I think they have an owner who is very skilled at verbose literary pieces. Think he is off on Wednesdays so may have to wait 'till next week though.

#10 3 years ago

I'll take a stab at summarizing.

1. Mean/Bully - As mentioned above, he often uses (used? if you believe his claim he has turned over a new leaf) personal attacks against pinsiders or people in the industry. He has a hard time going three episodes without attacking Hilton.

2. He is a bad Drunk. His drunk podcasts only further prove that beneath it is all he is mean spirited. Furthermore, he drunkenly disrupted the women's New York Pinball Championships in 2018. That cemented the tournament players mostly hating him. At that time, he threw a drink at Tim Sexton, cementing his blacklisting from Stern.

3. He is a Narcissist (IMO) . Anyone who starts an avengers discussion livesteam in a skin tight spiderman outfit flexing for the camera to a bunch of other geeks, must be a Narcissist. He also couldn't stand not being heard when he was "out" of podcasting. He quickly took up facebook live-streaming.

All that said, he makes a very entertaining podcast and you should decide for yourself.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hypercoaster:

you should decide for yourself.

This.

I only started to listen to one of the podcasts he supposedly mentioned me in. It wasn't worth listening to, so I never found out good or bad.

When he posted some rambling BS on my Facebook page, easy. Unfriend and block him.

If anyone likes the podcasts, go ahead and listen to them. If not. Easy to ignore. Plenty of other pinball out there to enjoy.

LTG : )

#12 3 years ago

I'm fairly new to the community

D261D65D-4A5B-4EDC-B8CB-E2C8F77492FB (resized).jpegD261D65D-4A5B-4EDC-B8CB-E2C8F77492FB (resized).jpeg
    #13 3 years ago

cannot drain this topic fast enough

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from m00nmuppet:

cannot drain this topic fast enough

Yet here you are.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Yet here you are.

this is the new dumbfuck catch-all saying; It can't die fast enough.

I'm fairly new to the community...

You're not. But anyway, he's basically a human internet troll. He does it well, people like him and some not so much. EDIT: He was booted off Pinside for trolling...but I guess that's kind of obvious.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Extra salty today, Law!

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Extra salty today, Law!

That's fair. I'm a little rushed finishing up some work...although the phrase has been thrown around more and more lately so it's gaining traction.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Extra salty today, Law!

That’s what she said!

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's fair. I'm a little rushed finishing up some work...although the phrase has been thrown around more and more lately so it's gaining traction.

No worries, we all have those days. If Odin were here, there would be a new thread started about "phrases that need to die".

"It is what it is" has driven me close to murder on an occasion or two.

#20 3 years ago

Y’all are cracking me up! Thanks I needed it.

#21 3 years ago

There's no controversy.
    The man got himself banned from pinside.
    That means he's a douche bag.
    End of story

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You're not. But anyway, he's basically a human internet troll. He does it well, people like him and some not so much. EDIT: He was booted off Pinside for trolling...but I guess that's kind of obvious.

And I think the Neo Geo forumn

#23 3 years ago

Ive seen this asked multiple times and never see a good answer. Hes an asshole i guess... never listened to him, i only know his name from pinside users talking bad about him.

#24 3 years ago

I like him.
    I like his podcast.
    He entertains me.
    A+ For The K-Man

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from newtoit:

Ive seen this asked multiple times and never see a good answer.

Ripped off other collectors

Trolled this site for years and broke about every rule here. Banned.

Sent horrible emails and threats to Robin once banned.

Did his best to ruin a public tournament he had no business being at. He has no interest in tournaments. His soul purpose of being there was to ruin it intentionally. Then never apologized sincerely for it.

He has gone after people he didn’t like in real life contacting their employer trying to fuck them over.

He’s been banned from pretty much every hobby forum that exists.

That should be plenty to see why most don’t care for him.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did his best to ruin a public tournament he had no business being at. He has no interest in tournaments. His soul purpose of being there was to ruin it intentionally.

Is this the one where he threw his drink in the face of a Stern employee?

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did his best to ruin a public tournament he had no business being at. He has no interest in tournaments. His soul purpose of being there was to ruin it intentionally. Then never apologized sincerely for it.
    He has gone after people he didn’t like in real life contacting their employer trying to fuck them over.

This needs to be key posted, please.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then never apologized sincerely for it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but ro say he never apologized sincerely is false. The guy has apologized over and over and over again and although I don’t know of a tool that measures sincerity....it seems sincere to me

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Is this the one where he threw his drink in the face of a Stern employee?

Yes.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

A+ For The K-Man

His fan base, speaks volumes.

#31 3 years ago

Aside from what's already been mentioned he can be overenthousiastic when he sees something new (especially if he is the 'chosen one' who has the information or the experience seeing or playing it before most others have), hyping it to no extent, and can become extremely negative afterwards, forgetting everything he praised before. As far as I know he's not reliable, but a lot of people don't care (be it podcasters, politics, media, etc...'forget, forgive and be amused' seems to be very easy to do for a lot of people, time and time again).

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

After all this we still have idiots like this on here.

Quoted from xbmanx:

I like him.
    I like his podcast.
    He entertains me.
    A+ For The K-Man

2020 America, does not surprise me anymore.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well said. Wasn't he the one that bought the Hellcat and was doing stupid dangerous shit in it and bragging about it?

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Well said. Wasn't he the one that bought the Hellcat and was doing stupid dangerous shit in it and bragging about it.

And paying $10.00 plus a gallon for fuel

#35 3 years ago

I think it may have started with the Fix it felix BS, which was prior to KLOV ban I believe. Been nothing but a complete ass and troll in all arcade and pinball forums - and everything Chuckwurt said is spot on.

Unbelievable to me the number of people that don’t care about any of this and love listening to a guy blather on about himself or what he likes or doesn’t like or some trivial Pinside bs Feud as if he or his opinion are the most important thing.

Still confused how 7 years in the hobby is new though.. that would cover back to the beginning of shenanigans I believe?

#36 3 years ago

For some he walks on water...a saint

To others he is the Antichrist

Choose wisely

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-history-with-the-kaneda-controversy- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.