(Topic ID: 289388)

What's the HARDEST MEANEST playing game you own?

By Tuna_Delight

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3419 (resized).jpeg
1FEF1C89-865E-4F7E-ABAF-022A204656DA (resized).jpeg
IMG_6140 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1649 (resized).JPG
IMG_1646 (resized).JPG
sttng (resized).jpg
3EFFAE5C-BB33-4A7B-BA70-E39D8E552282 (resized).jpeg
Tron (resized).JPG
3216D902-F3C1-4EBD-973E-5D59195F9F8A (resized).jpeg
9C60C21B-F8AB-4057-BC3E-3CA6DD50F92D (resized).jpeg
95A886C6-B4D7-4C70-97F6-57927D7B95F7 (resized).png
FED49597-D881-43DF-8F51-B8186D93F255 (resized).jpeg
BFDD596D-2EF4-4E55-A923-472D1AC86F70 (resized).png
20210306_201135 (resized).jpg
20210306_200756 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 3 years ago

So many... It's a toss-up between these: BSD w/ lightning flippers, FT w/ lightning flippers, TWD Pro, AC/DC Premium (go ahead, shoot the cannon, introduce side to side movement, goodbye pinball), Rick and Morty.

The thing is, I love those games though. You gotta be on your toes and your nudging skills have to be on point on all of them. You're not just waiting for the ball to come back to the flippers on any of them (at least I'm not), I fully playing these things every second, watching the ball intently as it comes into contact with ANYTHING on these playfields that I can use to nudge it a lot, or just ever so slightly, just to get the ball to return to a flipper, and not an outlane or SDTM.

I have a Star Wars Premium and a TMNT Pro, and they're not a walk in the park, but they don't seem as brutal as the pins I listed. The only issue I have with SW is the sucker shot (or plunge) to the 3 bank stand-up to destroy tie fighters and keep your bonus up. Other than that, I can get some pretty good longer games on it. My TMNT Pro seems to feed a lot of spinning disc shots to the right flipper and not SDTM (knock on wood). Maybe it's just the way it's leveled, but I had a game on it a couple of days ago where I got through all the modes and almost to final battle before draining my last ball.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

What's the part/shots you find hard? Simply a drain monster? This is an honest question and I'm curious about your reasons as I'm thinking of getting one and I might chicken out if it will kick my balls daily

In regards to my Fish Tales, 2 things make it a tough playing game for me: 1.) The boat ramp posts and captive ball being so far down the playfield closer to the flippers than a lot of ramp entries. 2.) The fishing lure targets on each side of the playfield that allow you to "catch fish" and increase your stringer. I'm sure the game also plays harder due to the shorter lightning flippers, but I like the challenge.

You can easily get in a rhythm groove and just nail boat ramps back to back, but if you're off a fraction of a second, and you'll eventually get there, the ball will hit one of the boat ramp posts or captive ball, then instead of sailing effortlessly around the boat ramp as you expected, that ball will be coming back at your flippers, heading towards an outlane, the slings, or SDTM, like a rocket! You don't have much time to take evasive maneuvers depending on where that ball ricochets to, and if your flippers are each 1/8" shorter to begin with, you can be in for a battle.

The fishing lure targets get bounced into and you could largely ignore them, but it's fun to get a stringer completed both for points and a chance at advancing to "Feed Frenzy", so sometimes when you see 1 lure target that needs hitting to catch a fish, you're tempted to hit it, and when you do, that ball goes side to side like crazy and you've often got a battle on your hands to regain control.

Lastly, I should say that captive ball being straight up the middle can lead to a SDTM drain when you're trying to collect a valuable award or a Super Jackpot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.95
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-hardest-game-you-own?tu=Rum-Z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.