(Topic ID: 289388)

What's the HARDEST MEANEST playing game you own?

By Tuna_Delight

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3419 (resized).jpeg
1FEF1C89-865E-4F7E-ABAF-022A204656DA (resized).jpeg
IMG_6140 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1649 (resized).JPG
IMG_1646 (resized).JPG
sttng (resized).jpg
3EFFAE5C-BB33-4A7B-BA70-E39D8E552282 (resized).jpeg
Tron (resized).JPG
3216D902-F3C1-4EBD-973E-5D59195F9F8A (resized).jpeg
9C60C21B-F8AB-4057-BC3E-3CA6DD50F92D (resized).jpeg
95A886C6-B4D7-4C70-97F6-57927D7B95F7 (resized).png
FED49597-D881-43DF-8F51-B8186D93F255 (resized).jpeg
BFDD596D-2EF4-4E55-A923-472D1AC86F70 (resized).png
20210306_201135 (resized).jpg
20210306_200756 (resized).jpg
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

I'm going to add my beloved Cyclone to the list here. Simply said, when Mr. Oustler was asked about the absolutely brutal outlanes on the game, he said, "Play better."
-Chrissi

#102 3 years ago

BSD and FT. I've walked up to other peoples FT and can get 250M on the first couple of games. Mine, you can play for 90 minutes and happy to break 100M

#103 3 years ago

TNA is the runner up, but the hardest game is easily Star Wars. People are always attracted to the theme but give up quickly when they can barely get a flipper on the ball. Really frustrating even for experienced players...especially if you don't have it leveled...exactly...right...

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

... but the hardest game is easily Star Wars. People are always attracted to the theme but give up quickly when they can barely get a flipper on the ball. Really frustrating even for experienced players...especially if you don't have it leveled...exactly...right...

Star Wars ... yeah. Between the punishing shot multiplier 3-bank target rebounds SDTM and the greedy outlanes ... it can be quite cold.

Yet ... get a classic Steve Ritchie game flow going and it can sing!

A tough game on route that surprised me in how much fun it can be in a home environment.

#105 3 years ago

Stern Star Wars , fast and furious gameplay that you can’t sleep on . Blink and it’s over .

#106 3 years ago

Doctor Who for me, ...and that's from somebody that has Houdini! Those out lanes are brutal.

#107 3 years ago

FT definitely. Just getting one jackpot is a big challenge. Stern JP is pretty unforgiving as well.

#108 3 years ago

I can make all but one shot on Houdini consistently. Monster Bash SE shots are all over the place. Also a drain monster. LZ premium is the flow master!

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I can make all but one shot on Houdini consistently. Monster Bash SE shots are all over the place. Also a drain monster. LZ premium is the flow master!

Wait...Houdini is generally considered tough because it has really tight shots. But MB??? I finished that game in 3 months (I suck btw) and it's generally considered an easy game. Are you sure you have yours set up properly? That's the first time I think anybody's ever mentioned MB in a "hardest games" thread.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait...Houdini is generally considered tough because it has really tight shots. But MB??? I finished that game in 3 months (I suck btw) and it's generally considered an easy game. Are you sure you have yours set up properly? That's the first time I think anybody's ever mentioned MB in a "hardest games" thread.

I have it set properly. I have it level side to side. 6.6 degrees pitch. It is hardest in MY collection to make the shots I need. I think I am above average player. When I got it NIB I had high scores. Not anymore. Not sure what is happening.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

all but one shot on Houdini consistently

Um let me guess

Could it be the Milk can shot that is impossible?

Hurry hit the milk can-Mother Fu$#%% it can't be done!

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have it set properly. I have it level side to side. 6.6 degrees pitch. It is hardest in MY collection to make the shots I need. I think I am above average player. When I got it NIB I had high scores. Not anymore. Not sure what is happening.

Okay...I think I had mine set around 7 (I like my games wicked fast!). So if you're getting a lot of outlane drains, consider raising the pitch a bit and you might find it a bit easier. It's a great game.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...I think I had mine set around 7 (I like my games wicked fast!). So if you're getting a lot of outlane drains, consider raising the pitch a bit and you might find it a bit easier. It's a great game.

Mostly SDTM drains. I adjusted the right side ball guide. Never have problems with hitting Drac feet. My trouble is lining up the shots on MB. I got the LZ shots down almost instantly.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Um let me guess
Could it be the Milk can shot that is impossible?
Hurry hit the milk can-Mother Fu$#%% it can't be done!

How did you know?!!

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

TNA is the runner up, but the hardest game is easily Star Wars. People are always attracted to the theme but give up quickly when they can barely get a flipper on the ball. Really frustrating even for experienced players...especially if you don't have it leveled...exactly...right...

Hey Beez whats your GC on your SW? Just wondering how bad the game treats you. SW is about equal to GnR SE for me. TMNT and BKSOR are harder games for me out of my small lineup. TMNT probably my hardest game but I dont really think its that hard once you got the shots down. BKSOR is without a doubt my meanest game but that just the Knight telling me basicly to F off constantly, lol!

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hey Beez whats your GC on your SW? Just wondering how bad the game treats you. SW is about equal to GnR SE for me. TMNT and BKSOR are harder games for me out of my small lineup. TMNT probably my hardest game but I dont really think its that hard once you got the shots down. BKSOR is without a doubt my meanest game but that just the Knight telling me basicly to F off constantly, lol!

I think I've only broken a billion twice...and just barely. My scores have since been wiped with the latest code update.

#117 3 years ago

sttng (resized).jpgsttng (resized).jpg

10 months later
#118 2 years ago

I just picked up a Stars. Brutal.

#119 2 years ago

BSD....makes you want to pull your ears off.
F14....great for dollar games. I bet people they can't keep the ball alive 60-90 seconds.

As for WOF, I bought one brand new after they were blown out by Stern for $2600. I think its a great game and there is NO WAY I ever even came close to completing the game.

#120 2 years ago

Rick and Morty has been kicking me in the nuts a lot, this week.

#121 2 years ago

It's been mentioned a few times in this thread but for me it's definitely my un-tweaked SW Prem - can't be bothered to pull it out of the lineup to spend a few hours tweaking it.

The inner loops send STDM 50% of the time in both directions. The Deathstar lock that releases down the fork ramps is 95% STDM. The outlanes are at factory settings of "Grand Canyon gap" and brutal AF.

This game can give you 4-5 straight plunge to drain shots while on ball save. Insane. Love the theme. Hate the inconsistency and brutality of the game.

#122 2 years ago

BSD
TWD
TNA

I would also give an honorable mention to BoP. Titan rubber the whole game, leave the outline rubber off, and pitch it up to 6.5-6.8. There’s a reason we settle arguments on that machine at my house.

P.S.- Fish Tales is not hard.

#123 2 years ago

I have a fast-setup DW and BSD side by side and I play BSD if I want to relax.

#124 2 years ago

The Shadow but then I got my Star Wars Premium and learned what real pain was. Actually my Seawitch is pretty darn tough too.

#125 2 years ago

Black Knight: Sword of Rage

By far the hardest of the 3 machines that I own.

#126 2 years ago

TRON

If posts were ramps and lanes I’d rule this game..but alas they are not.

To be honest it’s not my game…only on loan with me for a while. But man oh man does the playfield layout on this beast “hand me my hat”.

#127 2 years ago

My Flipper Pool, Dragon, or Jet Spin are my 3 worst drain-monsters. In the SS/AN era it would be Sorcerer or Andromeda. In DMD on it would be either Avatar, BSD, or Iron Man.

An average game of 5 ball Flipper pool is like 45 seconds of total gameplay

#128 2 years ago

This beast is my is my meanest player the clearcoat on it adds to the nightmare so many ways to lose you ball. Put many quarters in this game back in the day.

IMG_1646 (resized).JPGIMG_1646 (resized).JPGIMG_1649 (resized).JPGIMG_1649 (resized).JPG
2 years later
#129 39 days ago

This game will kick your ass every time. The game play is so quick , and short ball times. It’s a simple game, and very addictive..dragon is brutal, but so satisfying at the same time

IMG_6140 (resized).jpegIMG_6140 (resized).jpegIMG_6141 (resized).jpegIMG_6141 (resized).jpeg
#130 39 days ago
1FEF1C89-865E-4F7E-ABAF-022A204656DA (resized).jpeg1FEF1C89-865E-4F7E-ABAF-022A204656DA (resized).jpeg
#131 38 days ago

My Diner is savage, it will quite literally hand your arse to you on a plate and it's not even part of the games menu.

Clive

#132 38 days ago
Quoted from Cauldron:

My Diner is savage, it will quite literally hand your arse to you on a plate and it's not even part of the games menu.
Clive

"literally"?! Yikes.

Godfather is currently the hardest, meanest game in my collection. So much so that I'm almost afraid to turn my back on it.

#133 38 days ago

Subhumans is an asskicker and I wouldn't have it any other way.

IMG_3419 (resized).jpegIMG_3419 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-hardest-game-you-own/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.