(Topic ID: 289388)

What's the HARDEST MEANEST playing game you own?

By Tuna_Delight

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3419 (resized).jpeg
1FEF1C89-865E-4F7E-ABAF-022A204656DA (resized).jpeg
IMG_6140 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1649 (resized).JPG
IMG_1646 (resized).JPG
sttng (resized).jpg
3EFFAE5C-BB33-4A7B-BA70-E39D8E552282 (resized).jpeg
Tron (resized).JPG
3216D902-F3C1-4EBD-973E-5D59195F9F8A (resized).jpeg
9C60C21B-F8AB-4057-BC3E-3CA6DD50F92D (resized).jpeg
95A886C6-B4D7-4C70-97F6-57927D7B95F7 (resized).png
FED49597-D881-43DF-8F51-B8186D93F255 (resized).jpeg
BFDD596D-2EF4-4E55-A923-472D1AC86F70 (resized).png
20210306_201135 (resized).jpg
20210306_200756 (resized).jpg
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

Right now ... it's a toss-up between my TWD Premium (thank you Bicycle BITCH ramp) and my Houdini (damn!) for me.

So cruel!
20210306_200756 (resized).jpg20210306_200756 (resized).jpg
20210306_200815 (resized).jpg20210306_200815 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Alice Cooper is pretty damn brutal, but damn is it rewarding when you get in a groove and get a good game in.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Alice Cooper is pretty damn brutal, but damn is it rewarding when you get in a groove and get a good game in.

I hear you brother! My ACNC is right in there at the top of my list. So brutal ... yet so fun!

20210306_201135 (resized).jpg20210306_201135 (resized).jpg
#4 3 years ago

TWD Pro or TMNT Pro here. TMNT is new so still figuring it out - man is it fast!

#5 3 years ago

AC/DC is the hardest one I own, rapid play, killer drains ,,,but so damn fun !!!

BFDD596D-2EF4-4E55-A923-472D1AC86F70 (resized).pngBFDD596D-2EF4-4E55-A923-472D1AC86F70 (resized).png
#6 3 years ago

Alien Star (PAPA style no post rubber)

#7 3 years ago

Flash Gordon and/or Paragon.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

AC/DC is the hardest one I own, rapid play, killer drains ,,,but so damn fun !!!
[quoted image]

Very cool game! An acknowledged brute. So unforgiving ... yet ... I'd love to own an ACDC!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Flash Gordon and/or Paragon.

Paragon is on my wishlist. Flash Gordon is truly among the most BRUTAL of games!

#10 3 years ago

Ghostbusters (with magnaslings) > Cooper > Rick & Morty > Houdini > Turtles

Although Last Action Hero magnets chucking balls 18 inches across the playfield right down the outlanes is crueler than anything these games do. GB's magnets can be wicked, but at least you have a fighting chance usually.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Alien Star (PAPA style no post rubber)

Why? Have mercy!

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Ghostbusters (with magnaslings) > Cooper > Rick & Morty > Houdini > Turtles
Although Last Action Hero magnets chucking balls 18 inches across the playfield right down the outlanes is crueler than anything these games do. GB's magnets can be wicked, but at least you have a fighting chance usually.

I have always found Ghostbusters to be exceptionally cruel to play on route. VERY MEAN. Consequently .. no mas! No desire to own.

#14 3 years ago

BSD with lightning flippers.Same as always.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s too easy otherwise !

That's Crazy talk!

Wait ...

#16 3 years ago

Flash Gordon is a bitch of a game. In my collection I think Seawitch, at a 7° pitch is my favorite most cruel game. Baby Pac is also incredibly challenging, but that’s because the video game portion is insane.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I have always found Gohstbusters to be exceptionally cruel to play in route. VERY MEAN. Consequently .. no mas! No desire to own.

I bought a beautiful gb pro with great mods, had it 2 weeks and sold. Brutal, for me anyways. Its back on your side of the state!!

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Paragon is on my wishlist. Flash Gordon is truly among the most BRUTAL of games!

When playing in the arcades growing up. I hated Flash Gordon. Just kicked my ass. Was a quarter eater. Of corse I had to have one now. Still a hard game but it's freeplay so now I can enjoy getting my ass kicked.

#19 3 years ago

I sometimes get hard when I play Radical! Meanest one is Frontier as I have the scars to prove it.

#20 3 years ago

Rick and Morty is easily the hardest and most brutal game I’ve owned and gives Flash Gordon a run for its money for toughest games I’ve played of the modern era. I’ve owned GB, Iron Man, Tron, currently own ACNC and TZ etc.and this game just bitch slaps me like no other. It’s awesome. It also mocks you when your bricking everything and then shit talks you when you’re walking away with your tail tucked. 10/10

#21 3 years ago

Andromeda for me. A fresh wax job and it's pretty damn fast. Even though I'm aware of the dangerous pop bumper by the flippers sometimes it will just stuff you so fast there's almost no time to react

#22 3 years ago

The Walking Dead without a doubt. Love hate relationship. Invisible glass on order due to the ungodly AMC glare on the glass.

FED49597-D881-43DF-8F51-B8186D93F255 (resized).jpegFED49597-D881-43DF-8F51-B8186D93F255 (resized).jpeg
#23 3 years ago

Flash Gordon & Stars are both assholes.
Just borrowing a TWD which is a modern asshole

#24 3 years ago

JJP POTC. I can put up 3 million on a ball, then watch the next 3 balls go basically plunge, target, target, drain in a couple minutes and in the process, pissing away my bonus hold, high skull values and any real chance of a big score. It's always fun to leave those EBs on the table too during all that. It is so hard to put up consistent good balls on the game.

#25 3 years ago

Sinbad is a bitch!

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Flash Gordon & Stars are both assholes.
Just borrowing a TWD which is a modern asshole

Oh man I was having a shit day on Thursday and decided to “unwind” with a couple games of Stars. Fuck you too Stars.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

JJP POTC...drain in a couple minutes...

MINUTES...you poor soul

Quoted from Chisox:

Oh man I was having a shit day on Thursday and decided to “unwind” with a couple games of Stars. Fuck you too Stars.

I literally just back from playing 2 "games" on my Stars before I read this post...why the fuck do I give you a warm home to live in Stars?!

#28 3 years ago

Paragon
Flash Gordon
Fish Tales
Rick and Morty

all of them are parked here for good. I am a masochist.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

MINUTES...you poor soul

I literally just back from playing 2 "games" on my Stars before I read this post...why the fuck do I give you a warm home to live in Stars?!

I’ve even threatened to put it in the garage in the middle of winter. It just does not give a shit.

#30 3 years ago

Firepower. You work and work and work and then MULTIBALL. It lasts about 10 seconds....

#31 3 years ago

Black Hole -- each of the SIX LIVE pop bumpers has its own special nick-name:

"A$$ Hole"
"Somuva B****"

etc...

#32 3 years ago

The hardest pin for me is BSD.

95A886C6-B4D7-4C70-97F6-57927D7B95F7 (resized).png95A886C6-B4D7-4C70-97F6-57927D7B95F7 (resized).png
#33 3 years ago

Of my collection I think its Flash Gordon. Or BSD. Or TWD. Or whatever game I am playing at the moment.

#34 3 years ago

ACNC was my toughest right up until 3 days ago when Rick & Morty showed up. Wow, what an unbelievably fun and amazing ass-kicker R&M is!!

#35 3 years ago

I owned a TWD premium and a Houdini at the same time. While Houdini has some tight shots, I didn't get as frustrated with it as TWD. TWD was the first game that made me want to physically abuse it at times, the outlane drains were brutal. It made me a better player so I thank TWD for that.

#36 3 years ago

Stranger Things.

#37 3 years ago

For me it’s TNA > Beatles > Wonka > TWD Premium > Metallica Pro.

Beatles and Wonka are both under rated from a meanness standpoint. The themes are so light I think folks forget they’re both super hard.

#38 3 years ago

Star Wars..game kicks my butt so hard. Hence why I no longer have it haha

#39 3 years ago

Spy Hunter. Is Unforgiving

#40 3 years ago

So many... It's a toss-up between these: BSD w/ lightning flippers, FT w/ lightning flippers, TWD Pro, AC/DC Premium (go ahead, shoot the cannon, introduce side to side movement, goodbye pinball), Rick and Morty.

The thing is, I love those games though. You gotta be on your toes and your nudging skills have to be on point on all of them. You're not just waiting for the ball to come back to the flippers on any of them (at least I'm not), I fully playing these things every second, watching the ball intently as it comes into contact with ANYTHING on these playfields that I can use to nudge it a lot, or just ever so slightly, just to get the ball to return to a flipper, and not an outlane or SDTM.

I have a Star Wars Premium and a TMNT Pro, and they're not a walk in the park, but they don't seem as brutal as the pins I listed. The only issue I have with SW is the sucker shot (or plunge) to the 3 bank stand-up to destroy tie fighters and keep your bonus up. Other than that, I can get some pretty good longer games on it. My TMNT Pro seems to feed a lot of spinning disc shots to the right flipper and not SDTM (knock on wood). Maybe it's just the way it's leveled, but I had a game on it a couple of days ago where I got through all the modes and almost to final battle before draining my last ball.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

The hardest pin for me is BSD.
[quoted image]

I agree with you 100%. I love when my girlfriend goes off on a profanity filled rant after getting stomped on by D. Hilarious!
Don’t own them but Houdini and Alice C are also very challenging.

#42 3 years ago

You guys should try a few mid-60's Bally pins, 2 to 3 minutes average.

5 minutes tops. Just brutal.

#43 3 years ago

Bk sor(previoualy tmnt le before i sold it). Star wars is tough as well but not close to BK to me.

#44 3 years ago

My AIQPRe is really kicking my butt now!! Fast and deep modes!!

#45 3 years ago

One of my friends really wants a Houdini, but now he is on the fence after it punished his wife trying to play it. I have always had the thought of trying out 1" balls to see if it would make the tight shots better and help increase overall flow? Well my friend bought some 1" balls to try it out-now we need to find a local Houdini to do some experimenting on?

My toughest game is Star Wars LE with 7+ pitch and wide open lanes. I enjoy the difficulty and it keeps me coming back for more and never gets old.

#46 3 years ago

I will also add Ghostbusters with flipper gap-it takes me at least 3 games of drains before I can adjust my technique to accommodate the gap and magnets. Sometimes I feel like I should be wearing a protective cup when I play it.

#47 3 years ago

BSD
Cyclopes
Super Star
Shadow

#48 3 years ago

I think it's Fish Tales for me, but No Fear isn't too far behind.

#49 3 years ago

Without question: Robo-War. Any ball that lasts longer than 45 seconds feels like I’m playing on borrowed time, and any game where I actually get to play in multi-ball feels like a huge accomplishment.

9C60C21B-F8AB-4057-BC3E-3CA6DD50F92D (resized).jpeg9C60C21B-F8AB-4057-BC3E-3CA6DD50F92D (resized).jpeg

#50 3 years ago

Black Knight 2000, proto #9. Resurrected from a fire, lightening flippers added.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-hardest-game-you-own and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.