(Topic ID: 301248)

What's the hardest auto-launch in pinball?

By KneeKickLou

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I was playing some #fishtales tonight, and I havn't played everything, but man is that launch a real SOB? It comes fast at the left flipper and if you dont live catch that thing it could drain out without you getting a chance at it?

Any other games super brutal to even get a ball started?

#2 2 years ago

White Water if the center ramp isn’t adjusted properly. A full plunge can send that ball right around, down the left ramp, and straight down the middle.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

White Water if the center ramp isn’t adjusted properly. A full plunge can send that ball right around, down the left ramp, and straight down the middle.

Sounds like that’s adjusted properly.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Ohh man that sounds brutal. I just imagine a friend who rarely plays walking into something like that. “Man why do you even like pinball?”

#5 2 years ago

Wonka can be a beast if not set up well........and even when it is sometimes.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Wonka can be a beast if not set up well........and even when it is sometimes.

I agree, Lawlor really setup the plunge on Wonka pretty weird. Sometimes it comes ripping through and drains immediately.

Recently picked up Lethal Weapon 3 and the auto-plunge rebound from the standups LOVES to power drain on the right outlane.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I was playing some #fishtales tonight, and I havn't played everything, but man is that launch a real SOB? It comes fast at the left flipper and if you dont live catch that thing it could drain out without you getting a chance at it?

If you time FishTales launch well, you can one hammer it right to the Casters Club or right to the right side of the boat once the timing is figured out

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Double check the rubber ring at the end of the ball guide by the ball lock. If it’s too large it can influence the ball incorrectly and be a headache.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If you time FishTales launch well, you can one hammer it right to the Casters Club

Fast Cast!
Stern Star Wars can be brutal if not set up right, straight to the left outlane.
Getaway seems to rarely make the loop to the upper flipper.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I agree, Lawlor really setup the plunge on Wonka pretty weird. Sometimes it comes ripping through and drains immediately.

Why would you ever full plunge on Wonka?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 169.00
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

12,500 (OBO)
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-hardest-auto-launch-in-pinball?hl=plungerboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.