(Topic ID: 235319)

What's the easist way one person can re-level legs on a pinball table?

By JediPimp

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Don_C
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What's the easist way one person can re-level legs on a pinball table?”

• Am I just being a wuss? 9 votes
    64%
  • Is there a better way than having one person lift the leg and another person spin the screws? 0 votes
  • Pinball is easy 5 votes
    36%

(14 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190203_231345 (resized).jpg
ICpt7AFVzC0-370x208 (resized).jpg
5CE37A2A-301B-43E1-A57B-DE011B391263 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

Hi Pinside,

My Judge Dredd, after having moved houses, is now mysteriously off level on one side. Mainly, the left end needs to be raised. I am using the PinGuy app on iOS to determine the levelling.

Now Dredd is a widebody and is heavy as hell. How the bloody hell do you people adjust the legs without breaking your back? I don't really have anyone in the home at the moment who can help me lift the leg and I don't want to call a serviceman just for this.

Any ideas?

#2 3 months ago

May not be the best way but I have always simply done the hands and knees crawl under the machine. Hunch with back and make adjustment lol. Rinse and repeat till Pinguy (gal) says you are green to go. Many use a stool, cart or other prop but in a pinch its on your knees time!

#3 3 months ago

Yep - the “one armed cat stretch” under the machine and spin the leg leveler with my free hand.

5CE37A2A-301B-43E1-A57B-DE011B391263 (resized).jpeg
#4 3 months ago

I use the leg levelers that have a nut that you can turn with a wrench. No reason to lift anything, just turn the wrench.

#5 3 months ago

Wrench for the win

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I use the leg levelers that have a nut that you can turn with a wrench. No reason to lift anything, just turn the wrench.

oooh I have to see if I have those, can you provide a photo?

#7 3 months ago

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/

The heavy duty type shown in the link.

#8 3 months ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

oooh I have to see if I have those, can you provide a photo?

Putting a double set of nuts on the end of the shaft (jamb nuts) works the same way.

#9 3 months ago

Thanks pintechev!

#10 3 months ago

I am 5-9" what I have done for years is crawl under the game on all fours squarely under the game my head towards the leg or end that needs adjusting. I then go from a crouching position to fully lifting the game by straightening out my arms and legs, then that end of the game lifts up and can be slightly moved, realigned and leveled by spinning the levelers. Also there is a nut below the leg if this nut is spun all the way down , with a open end wrench you can adjust / spin in one direction I forgot if it's up or down. You don't have to be lifting the game. Well that's how I do it.

#11 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

May not be the best way but I have always simply done the hands and knees crawl under the machine. Hunch with back and make adjustment lol. Rinse and repeat till Pinguy (gal) says you are green to go. Many use a stool, cart or other prop but in a pinch its on your knees time!

This/=.

#12 3 months ago

You could get a hydraulic lift from harbor freight tools. It makes moving and lifting pins FAR easier.

P.S. I voted you are a wuss, lol

#13 3 months ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Yep - the “one armed cat stretch” under the machine and spin the leg leveler with my free hand.
[quoted image]

yup, pretty easy this way.

#14 3 months ago

Get on your knees, lift the pin with left hand spin the leveller with right hand
Thats how my girlfriend does it

ICpt7AFVzC0-370x208 (resized).jpg
#15 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Putting a double set of nuts on the end of the shaft (jamb nuts) works the same way.

I've done this to all of my machines. It's super cheap, and works like a champ. You don't need washers, but I added them so the wrench doesn't slip.

20190203_231345 (resized).jpg

#16 3 months ago

I put a stool under the game, either front or back depending on where I want to adjust, then I take a car jack, lift the two legs about a half inch above the ground and turn the feet. If needed this is repeated once or twice.

#17 3 months ago

At the Golden State Pinball Festival we use pry bars to lift the leg off the floor. Then the leveller can be turned by hand.

Of course we're trying to level over 300 games in a short amount of time so we have to be efficient.

#18 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You stole my thunder. I dont have any neighbors so this tactic I have used many times. Obviously not the most graceful way but you've gotta do what you gotta do to play some pinball.

#19 3 months ago

I prop mine up on a pinball cart and adjust then lower repeating if necessary

#20 3 months ago

Another tip, when leveling a game, to get the correct factory intended slope, position your level front to back on the bottom of the cabinet. If the bottom of the cabinet is level front to back, the game is sloped the way it was intended by the factory.

#21 3 months ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Another tip, when leveling a game, to get the correct factory intended slope, position your level front to back on the bottom of the cabinet. If the bottom of the cabinet is level front to back, the game is sloped the way it was intended by the factory.

Hmmm never heard of that. Seems like the only way to correctly level a playfield is to level From the playfield. Cabinets can be completely different and holes very random. The playfield level/pitch is generally the only variable that matters in game play.

#22 3 months ago

Pry bar, small block of wood from 2x4 and adjustable wrench .

Loosen lock nut w/ wrench
Place block near leg
Put pry bar under bottom of leg, on top of wood block
Push down pry bar, spin the leveler with other hand
Check and adjust, re tighten lock nut

Don C

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 399.95
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Jacksonville, FL
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Trade
Machine - For Trade
North Port, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Killeen, TX
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside