(Topic ID: 291729)

What's the difference with Competition mode ?

By NeedaVirus

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by NeedaVirus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCD1DF0B-D1D9-4156-B7C9-DEFB9BDCD7F7 (resized).png

#1 6 months ago

Hello,

What's the real differences between classic multiplayer mode and competition mode on Elvis ?
I've tried both, but didn't see real difference ...

ENCORE still shared and continued between different games...
Elvis Gift still "random"

Well... What's the differences ?
If anybody has more infos
Well thanks to you

#2 6 months ago

It’s supposed to de-randomize all awards/modes. But sometimes it might not have been coded. Maybe that’s the case for Elvis.

#3 6 months ago

The manual has a section on tournament mode, is that the same?

CCD1DF0B-D1D9-4156-B7C9-DEFB9BDCD7F7 (resized).png
#4 6 months ago

Nope. That’s for running an actual tournament on the machine for money.

#5 6 months ago

Elvis should have two standard settings related to competition. Allow Player Competition is turned on by default and likely not programmed, as mentioned above. All the standard settings are carried over from game to game, but aren't necessarily programmed.

Competition Mode is turned off by default, but is more likely to be programmed. Enable Competition Mode in standard settings and see if mystery awards derandomize.

I've got a complete TOPs kit including the tournament board, display and cabling if anybody is looking for one. I ran numerous tournaments with it when I operated games and paid out more than $1k in prize money. Definitely helped earnings. Only works on Whitestar games.

#6 6 months ago

As I see, the only difference is with the ENCORE multiball, each player start here with ENC lighted on gamestart. Whatever the word is completed on other "normal" games.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside